Question Time

Elixir

An advantage Sturgeon has is that usually the interviewers and audience don't have much of a clue about Scottish politics, so she can swat away what they think are gotcha questions like flies. Streets ahead of the others despite that though.
I think that actually makes it more difficult for her tbf. Luckily she has a knack of getting the English audiences onside and engaged despite the fact she's up against the English media who portray the Scottish as whinging tramps

32 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, welshbairn said:
An advantage Sturgeon has is that usually the interviewers and audience don't have much of a clue about Scottish politics, so she can swat away what they think are gotcha questions like flies. Streets ahead of the others despite that though.

I think that actually makes it more difficult for her tbf. Luckily she has a knack of getting the English audiences onside and engaged despite the fact she's up against the English media who portray the Scottish as whinging tramps

Nonsense. Both Sturgeon and Salmond before her loved going to England and telling the audience how fantastic everything was up here with little challenge. They have always been far more cautious of being interviewed by Andrew Neil. 

Last time was in 2017

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/andrew-neil-interviews-nicola-sturgeon-full-transcript/

Nonsense. Both Sturgeon and Salmond before her loved going to England and telling the audience how fantastic everything was up here with little challenge. They have always been far more cautious of being interviewed by Andrew Neil. 
Last time was in 2017
https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/andrew-neil-interviews-nicola-sturgeon-full-transcript/
Yawn

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
36 minutes ago, Malky3 said:
Last time was in 2017

Yawn

Did you read it? Andrew Neil doesn't deliver many of these doings. Dianne Abbott was possibly the only other one he nailed as well as that. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Did you read it? Andrew Neil doesn't deliver many of these doings. Dianne Abbott was possibly the only other one he nailed as well as that. 

Bringing in Andrew Neil to highlight any weaknesses in Abbott's case, would be a bit like getting Rembrandt in to paint the ceiling, thinking he might make a decent job of it.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

She's not popular in England.  No really she isn't.

I know that because most of my working week (for the last 20 years) has been  spent in England, all parts of England.  

Her unpopularity is partly down to the media, but mostly to indifference. There is genuine bewilderment down there at the amount of exposure Nicola and the SNP get in the media. 

Fair enough, she can dominate debates with pesky reasoning and logic and facts, but the penny hasn't dropped down there that Scotland isn't Yorkshire or Devon or any shithole Middle England county.

Maybe they're a tad envious that Scotland could produce such a perfect specimen of  Leadership. Then again maybe they're just c***s. 

49 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

She's not popular in England.  No really she isn't.

I know that because most of my working week (for the last 20 years) has been  spent in England, all parts of England.  

Her unpopularity is partly down to the media, but mostly to indifference. There is genuine bewilderment down there at the amount of exposure Nicola and the SNP get in the media. 

Fair enough, she can dominate debates with pesky reasoning and logic and facts, but the penny hasn't dropped down there that Scotland isn't Yorkshire or Devon or any shithole Middle England county.

Maybe they're a tad envious that Scotland could produce such a perfect specimen of  Leadership. Then again maybe they're just c***s. 

Fucking swear filter. How do I get round the c**t that is the fucking swear fucking filter?

16 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Last time was in 2017

I bet you lap up the racism in the spectator as well. Still didn't answer any of my numerous questions towards you either. 

Neil is also thoroughly discredited - a drunken mess that publishes racism and tweets insults from the Banks/Farage crib sheet at Glenlivet o'clock. His attitude to women stinks as well.

Guest Moomintroll

The Media down here have been largely & surprisingly supportive of Nicola Sturgeon since that broadcast and of the snippets I have seen it is easy to see why. She appeared to be the only Leader who, rightly or wrongly, had a coherent well thought out plan for his or her Countries future after this Election. We can argue the toss one way or another from here 'til Ayr win something but overall the SNP were the only winners from what I have seen of that programme.