Question Time

Elixir

15 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Sped through it on iplayer and every time I stopped to play Suella was spouting more nonsense. 

Ergo, didn't see much of it at all.

Just wait til @WhiteRoseKillie sees this! 

Thought it was generally a good episode. The Labour MP really impressed me as did Miatta Fahnbulleh as always. 

It was essentially 40 minutes of the Tory getting bodied by the crowd and panel. Highlight was when the Tory spouted out nonsensical reasons why they'd actually spent loads to help people and Miatta just interrupted to say she was straight up lying. 

Not that it means much at all but if you're trying to judge the mood of the electorate by Question Time that was one of the most telling episodes to show people are fed up of the current mob. 

Braverman made 2 honest and true claims :

She said that, as a Conservative, she wanted to see more money in "your" pocket

She added that her party had handed out squillions during the covid pandemic

The reality is that, indeed they do want to see more money in pockets and, again, they did spend bingsa money during the pandemic - but the beneficiaries were either tory donors and/or sycophants who were, via PPE contracts, chasing gaudy trinkets or were just "friends" of the party.

A f**kin' shower indeed.

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Braverman made 2 honest and true claims :

She said that, as a Conservative, she wanted to see more money in "your" pocket

She added that her party had handed out squillions during the covid pandemic

The reality is that, indeed they do want to see more money in pockets and, again, they did spend bingsa money during the pandemic - but the beneficiaries were either tory donors and/or sycophants who were, via PPE contracts, chasing gaudy trinkets or were just "friends" of the party.

A f**kin' shower indeed.

That’s just not true.

During the pandemic my business was able to keep all our staff fully paid due to the furlough scheme and through the BBL scheme we received funds to enable us to pay creditors. We also got some direct grant money through the SG which kept us going.

The BBLs have to be repaid over 5years but they kept us alive.

Please try to be accurate.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

That’s just not true.

During the pandemic my business was able to keep all our staff fully paid due to the furlough scheme and through the BBL scheme we received funds to enable us to pay creditors. We also got some direct grant money through the SG which kept us going.

The BBLs have to be repaid over 5years but they kept us alive.

Please try to be accurate.

Your "business" may have benefited from assistance, however, would you care to pass comment on the multiples of millions that were paid out as covid contracts for PPE and ancillary supplies to the amigos/amigas of the cabal that currently hold court in westminster ??  I fully expect a review to explicitly show that it was tory sympathisers and supporters who were the key beneficiaries of these multi-million pound handouts.  eg, Mone being investigated with more to come as the lines of contact are exposed.

Please try to be accurate with your response.  

Hola senor @Dawson Park Boy, you were quick to point out my perceived inaccuracies relating to the assertions of the Attorney General, but have mysteriously not been able to reply to my response concerning the "pour oot" given to the tory faithful during the covid period.  I'm sure that you are not having a difficulty in defending your right-wing amigos/amigas who received millions worth of contracts that, in the main, were never fully delivered or rendered usable (PPE) despite the generous financial inducements.

I hope you're well, but i'm concerned as you responded initially with a degree of haste that hasn't been replicated with my follow up post.  

7 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Hola senor @Dawson Park Boy, you were quick to point out my perceived inaccuracies relating to the assertions of the Attorney General, but have mysteriously not been able to reply to my response concerning the "pour oot" given to the tory faithful during the covid period.  I'm sure that you are not having a difficulty in defending your right-wing amigos/amigas who received millions worth of contracts that, in the main, were never fully delivered or rendered usable (PPE) despite the generous financial inducements.

I hope you're well, but i'm concerned as you responded initially with a degree of haste that hasn't been replicated with my follow up post.  

Sorry if you think I’m a bit slow in responding but I don’t spend all my time on here.

Anyway, yes, they’re probably was a lot of cash misspent on PPE purchases but, at the time, I seem to recall we were desperate and I would imagine corners were cut. I’m sure any wrong-doing will be exposed and justice will be done. The GLP through jolly old Jolyon have brought lots of cases but to date with little success. Anyway, time will tell.

I think you’ll find the biggest scam was phony businesses claiming grants and BBL loans and disappearing off the face of the earth. Probably billions will need to be written off there. No chance of bringing them to court.

In a crisis, nothing wrong in calling in friendships to help out. Just consider how Boris called on his pal to organise the vaccine - Astra Zeneca by bringing together big business and academic research. That decision alone probably saved thousands of lives.

Anyway, apologies for going to bed and have a great Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sorry if you think I’m a bit slow in responding but I don’t spend all my time on here.

Anyway, yes, they’re probably was a lot of cash misspent on PPE purchases but, at the time, I seem to recall we were desperate and I would imagine corners were cut. I’m sure any wrong-doing will be exposed and justice will be done. The GLP through jolly old Jolyon have brought lots of cases but to date with little success. Anyway, time will tell.

I think you’ll find the biggest scam was phony businesses claiming grants and BBL loans and disappearing off the face of the earth. Probably billions will need to be written off there. No chance of bringing them to court.

In a crisis, nothing wrong in calling in friendships to help out. Just consider how Boris called on his pal to organise the vaccine - Astra Zeneca by bringing together big business and academic research. That decision alone probably saved thousands of lives.

Anyway, apologies for going to bed and have a great Saturday.

I have no intention of engaging in a debate with you over this as your views are the polar opposite to mine and the majority it seems in Scotland.  Please look at and re-read the parts i've highlighted.  It reads like the same diluted "nothing to see here" approach given out by your lords and masters within the cabal that is the tory government.  The stark reality is that they called in many "friendships" and lined their pockets handsomely.  As for the grants and loans lost - to the tune of >£4billion - just imagine if it had been Labour or the SNP who had sanctioned this shambolic programme sans any security safety nets to ensure the inevitable didn't play out ??

You, like your tory brethern, sugar-coat and play down everything that your party are responsible for and where the ordinary people, who are not part of their "elite" club, can go f**k themselves.

You enjoy your day. 

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

I have no intention of engaging in a debate with you over this as your views are the polar opposite to mine and the majority it seems in Scotland.  Please look at and re-read the parts i've highlighted.  It reads like the same diluted "nothing to see here" approach given out by your lords and masters within the cabal that is the tory government.  The stark reality is that they called in many "friendships" and lined their pockets handsomely.  As for the grants and loans lost - to the tune of >£4billion - just imagine if it had been Labour or the SNP who had sanctioned this shambolic programme sans any security safety nets to ensure the inevitable didn't play out ??

You, like your SNP brethern, sugar-coat and play down everything that your party are responsible for and where the ordinary people, who are not part of their "elite" club, can go f**k themselves.

You enjoy your day. 

Ftfy.  The SNP are past masters at sanctioning shambolic programmes and dodging accountability

50 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Ftfy.  The SNP are past masters at sanctioning shambolic programmes and dodging accountability

So are you agreeing with the points i raised about the current cabal, or diving in with major whataboutery ??  I fully accept that there are issues to be answered by the SNP government relating to ferries, etc, but this was specifically relating to QT and the outlandish claims made by the current AG from the tory government 

6 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

So are you agreeing with the points i raised about the current cabal, or diving in with major whataboutery ??  I fully accept that there are issues to be answered by the SNP government relating to ferries, etc, but this was specifically relating to QT and the outlandish claims made by the current AG from the tory government 

No

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

No

“No, I do not agree that the Tories are in any way corrupt or have done anything dodgy in their financial dealing but the SNPEEE are and have!” seems like a good way to undermine any argument you might have had. By all means, criticise the SNP - but to actively just refuse to acknowledge or accept any Tory wrongdoing makes that criticism look mental.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

“No, I do not agree that the Tories are in any way corrupt or have done anything dodgy in their financial dealing but the SNPEEE are and have!” seems like a good way to undermine any argument you might have had. By all means, criticise the SNP - but to actively just refuse to acknowledge or accept any Tory wrongdoing makes that criticism look mental.

I said no because I'm simply not interested and have no intention of engaging in a debate with anyone.                                     

29 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I said no because I'm simply not interested and have no intention of engaging in a debate with anyone.                                     

As you did a "FTFY" for me earlier, given your bold "no" without any substance and interest in backing up your stance, i have reciprocated with my own "FTFY".

You're welcome.

9 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

What on earth prompts you to make it personal.

I’ll admit I’m curious as to what prompted you to edit his post to remove criticism of the Tories and to deflect that criticism to the SNP, and then continue to engage, when you’re “not interested” and do not want any kind of engagement or debate.

I’ll admit I’m curious as to what prompted you to edit his post to remove criticism of the Tories and to deflect that criticism to the SNP, and then continue to engage, when you’re “not interested” and do not want any kind of engagement or debate.
Give him a break. His team got emptied into the Lowland League and will probably die