Question Time

Elixir

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

I had it on in the background, I must be a part time psycho 😱

If the last 5 minutes were replicated more often it might be a better watch...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001vnmf/question-time-2024-25012024

Ha, maybe a bit harsh. But out of interest what do you get out of it when you watch it. As much as the concept isn't good and the audience selection is mental, I know who 4/5 of that panel are and 3 of them are just vile idiots. Surely at this point it's time to knock it on the head, or is it just force of habit?

5 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

Ha, maybe a bit harsh. But out of interest what do you get out of it when you watch it. As much as the concept isn't good and the audience selection is mental, I know who 4/5 of that panel are and 3 of them are just vile idiots. Surely at this point it's time to knock it on the head, or is it just force of habit?

Very much force of habit if I'm left in front of the telly on a Thursday night. Definitely don't go out of my way to watch it.

Although next week it's in Glasgow, I might tune in to see if Staunch Billy makes another appearance.

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Better be a top-up from other areas. They'll never broadcast an episode of QT with an audience of nine.

Fiona Bruce reminds us every week that the audience is representative of the political spectrum across the UK.

So they'll bus in English Tories

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fiona Bruce reminds us every week that the audience is representative of the political spectrum across the UK.

So they'll bus in English Tories

It would be amusing if the Tories got obliterated at the next election and as a result Question Time had a new quota of only four Tories in the audience.

Even so, I would expect all four to get a chance to speak each week and without interruption of course.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

It would be amusing if the Tories got obliterated at the next election and as a result Question Time had a new quota of only four Tories in the audience.

I expect their audience make up rules would be redrafted in that case.