P&B Dead Pool 2015

Spain

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not technically against the rules, so I wonder how a list starting with these 10 and filled up with a few other folk whose claim to fame was "oldest living man in..." would do?

Only 10-25 points per hit, but the additional points for solo shots, first blood etc would all mount up.

Rank, Name, Birthday, Age today, Country

1 Misao Okawa[5] F 5 March 1898 116 years, 288 days Japan

2 Gertrude Weaver[5] F 4 July 1898 116 years, 167 days United States

3 Jeralean Talley[5] F 23 May 1899 115 years, 209 days United States

4 Susannah Mushatt Jones[5] F 6 July 1899 115 years, 165 days United States

5 Bernice Madigan[5] F 24 July 1899 115 years, 147 days United States

6 Emma Morano-Martinuzzi[5] F 29 November 1899 115 years, 19 days Italy

7 Violet Brown[5] F 10 March 1900 114 years, 283 days Jamaica[a]

8 Antonia Gerena Rivera[5] F 19 May 1900 114 years, 213 days United States

9 Ethel Lang[5] F 27 May 1900 114 years, 205 days United Kingdom

10 Nabi Tajima[5] F 4 August 1900 114 years, 136 days Japan

If anyone actually did this, I'd expect the team to immediately be banned though

You obviously don't recall the furore over Sir Edmund Hilary dying after midnight in NZ but before midnight in the UK in Dead Pool 2008...

Well technically Hilary died in the correct year but before the Dead Pool had officially begun. Because Dead Pool 2015 officially begins after midnight GMT.

So yeah, there's a wee 12 hour vortex where people could die and not be worth any points. The only way to resolve it would be to close entries at mid-day on Hogmanay and I think more people would complain about that instead.

It's not technically against the rules, so I wonder how a list starting with these 10 and filled up with a few other folk whose claim to fame was "oldest living man in..." would do?

Only 10-25 points per hit, but the additional points for solo shots, first blood etc would all mount up.

Rank, Name, Birthday, Age today, Country

1 Misao Okawa[5] F 5 March 1898 116 years, 288 days Japan

2 Gertrude Weaver[5] F 4 July 1898 116 years, 167 days United States

3 Jeralean Talley[5] F 23 May 1899 115 years, 209 days United States

4 Susannah Mushatt Jones[5] F 6 July 1899 115 years, 165 days United States

5 Bernice Madigan[5] F 24 July 1899 115 years, 147 days United States

6 Emma Morano-Martinuzzi[5] F 29 November 1899 115 years, 19 days Italy

7 Violet Brown[5] F 10 March 1900 114 years, 283 days Jamaica[a]

8 Antonia Gerena Rivera[5] F 19 May 1900 114 years, 213 days United States

9 Ethel Lang[5] F 27 May 1900 114 years, 205 days United Kingdom

10 Nabi Tajima[5] F 4 August 1900 114 years, 136 days Japan

If anyone actually did this, I'd expect the team to immediately be banned though

Not really in the spirit of the game, and unlikely to win anyway.

Beware low hanging fruit though, was a big push on Schumacher close to the 31st last year and that didn't work out well, except for him of course.

I wonder who this years last minute rush will be on. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't e.g. Chavez v Schumacher.

I thought it was going to be Lynda Bellingham (RIP oxo) and then the cricket guy (can't remember his name off the bat- absolutely stumped), but they cheated the Dead Pool drama by dying with loads of time to go.

Well technically Hilary died in the correct year but before the Dead Pool had officially begun. Because Dead Pool 2015 officially begins after midnight GMT.

So yeah, there's a wee 12 hour vortex where people could die and not be worth any points. The only way to resolve it would be to close entries at mid-day on Hogmanay and I think more people would complain about that instead.

Hey, the rules don't bother me that much. It was just an excuse to share Iron Mike's rant again...

Schumacher would be a silly pick.

I was going to go for Pete Docherty but a quick Google revealed him to be looking healthy and reportedly clean for a couple of years.

Thought about Bruce Forsyth but he died years ago. His corpse has been kept in a broom cupboard for decades and gets reanimated when they deem it necessary.

Miley Cyrus might seen obvious but her whole thing is one big act.

I thought about Stephen Hawking but apparently he carries around a system restore disc with him.

I considered The Iron Sheikh but he seems too hard to die. Virgil would have been a better pick.

saw this a few years ago & never thought owt of it & last season I thought I'll give it a go but forgot to get my bodies in in time, this time/next season I'm locked & loaded. Bring on the obituary columns.

Grimbo

Even with half of Deadly December to go I have to say that 2014 has been a Dead Pool disappointment.

Some interesting ones have come out of left-field but there hasn't been enough of the bread-and-butter stuff. We've had way too few famous old corpses (a good year would throw up a Hawking or an Ali a few times each month) and way too many "I had a stroke while riddled with HIV and cancer but I'm fine now, thank they lord" type miraculous recoveries.

It's just made me all the more excited for DP '15: it's a scientific fact that as soon as those midnight bells ring something happens in the physiology of the sick celebrity that determines their fate for each year, and I've got a good feeling about this one.

2014 must go down as one of the least deadly years on record. Certain celebrities have been on death's doorstep since January, yet seem to be in fine fettle. One or two of them now claim to be perfectly fine! I really don't think they realise how selfish they appear.

2014 must go down as one of the least deadly years on record. Certain celebrities have been on death's doorstep since January, yet seem to be in fine fettle. One or two of them now claim to be perfectly fine! I really don't think they realise how selfish they appear.

Wilko :angry:

Archived