Worst football stadiums you have been to

Binos123sam

Not sure it counts as a stadium but Tulliallan Thistle would feature prominently if junior football counts. Sticking to the SPFL and predecessors:

5: Pre-Taylor Report Tynecastle the pish literally flowed in the old enclosure by the second half and the old fenced off tunnel exits in the away end must have been a death trap. Changing ends at half-time with the Hamilton Accies support was an interesting experience.

4: The Recs, Alloa for the uninitiated. Thirty years ago it was a bowl-shaped post-apocalyptic wasteground with cast members from Zombie Apocalypse wandering about looking for any excuse to start a fight. May have gentrified a bit in recent times.

3: Meadowbank, may be about to reemege if Edinburgh City keep their form up. Cold, soulless concrete monstrosity that you need binoculars to watch a game from

2: Shawfield, hopless for fitba due to the greyhound track.

1: Cliftonhill, probably OK at one point but turned into a lunar landscape by speedway in the early 70s.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Cowdenbeath - so so so bad.

2. Cliftonhill - terrible, like a dodgy warehouse/shipping container a and crumbling to bits.

3. Alloa - views amazing, the ground is shite, main stand awful, gazebo looks daft and the terracing behind both goals is pish.

4. East Fife/Dumbarton - soulless.

5. Stenhousemuir - soulless and absolutely shit, looks more like your high school astro pitch with all the gym equipment kicking about.

1. John Cumming Stadium - Carluke Rovers

2. Central Park

3. New St MIrren Park

4. Excelsior

5. Meadowbank

Could think of far worse grounds in the juniors but would struggle to call them "Football stadiums".

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to kill you.

1. Broadwood - I didn't mind it up until recently, but it is so run down these days and the match day experience is non existent compared to when Clyde were in the 1st division and drawing decent crowds. Even then it wasn't great, so it just goes to show how shite it is now. You can't even get a fucking pie!

2. Cliftonhill - It's all well and good having a ground with 'character' but that's taking the piss, absolute dive and it smells weird as well.

3. Links Park - Near enough every seat in the stand is covered in bird shite and the terrace is too far way from the park. This coupled with Montrose being most totally pointless club in existence it deserves a place.

4. Recs - just shite.

5. Shielfield - as above.

The old Easter Road stadium was a total shitehole.

Can remember the Pars playing them in the cup and winning in extra time in the early 90's. The toilets were literally two inches deep in pish and people had to resort to peeing against the fences at the back.

Same goes for Tynecastle and Starks Park, Tannadice was ok but very steep steps and about twice as high as normal steps.

5. Dalymont Park, Dublin - a bit of a dump with only one proper stand.

4. Central Park, No seats, only one side has a roof and a restricted view.

3. Hampden, No Atmosphere, too small and seats are about a 1km from the pitch

2. Dens, the main stand - just no.

1. Pittodrie, away fans can't see shit, exposed to wind, have to go through central Aberdeen to get to it, broken seats, one catering van for 2000 away fans, should be bulldozed immediately.

1. New Douglas Park. Half finished, always empty, we rarely win there :P .

2. Falkirk's new ground. If they had 4 complete stands it would be pretty awesome.....but they don't and it looks daft.

3. McDiarmid Park. The cardboard cut out fans summed it up.

4. Fir Park. The main stand is a disgrace and seeing how I am struggling for the last 2 thats enough to clinch 4th place for me.

5. Rugby Park. Goes without saying really, 4000 fans in a 18,000 doesn't bode well. The seating arrangement is made for people the size of Warwick Davis.

Gayfield is an awful shout, one of my favourite away grounds. Really hope we get a cup tie there soon, the way Saints are playing we could be meeting sooner than we think. Glebe Park is another wee cracking stadium.

here better lower league grounds forthbank,links park,Hampden,broadwood,balmoor,Somerset and Annan's ground Annan is my second faviorite stadium behind Old Trafford

1. New Douglas Park. Half finished, always empty, we rarely win there :P .

2. Falkirk's new ground. If they had 4 complete stands it would be pretty awesome.....but they don't and it looks daft.

3. McDiarmid Park. The cardboard cut out fans summed it up.

4. Fir Park. The main stand is a disgrace and seeing how I am struggling for the last 2 thats enough to clinch 4th place for me.

5. Rugby Park. Goes without saying really, 4000 fans in a 18,000 doesn't bode well. The seating arrangement is made for people the size of Warwick Davis.

Gayfield is an awful shout, one of my favourite away grounds. Really hope we get a cup tie there soon, the way Saints are playing we could be meeting sooner than we think. Glebe Park is another wee cracking stadium.

As if you regularly win anywhere

5. Dalymont Park, Dublin - a bit of a dump with only one proper stand.

4. Central Park, No seats, only one side has a roof and a restricted view.

3. Hampden, No Atmosphere, too small and seats are about a 1km from the pitch

2. Dens, the main stand - just no.

1. Pittodrie, away fans can't see shit, exposed to wind, have to go through central Aberdeen to get to it, broken seats, one catering van for 2000 away fans, should be bulldozed immediately.

No you don't.

Well, the twice I've been, we ended up on Union St.

Yeah, I travelled back from Australia to go to the Dundee v Rangers Scottish Cup Final in 2003 so I'm going to vote for Hampden Park as you have to travel through Abu Dhabi to get there.

:1eye

Archived