Worst football stadiums you have been to

Binos123sam

Coming from a fan whose team have moved town to cash in on a new fanbase, build a soulless barn of a stadium, scare away all the new fans they originally accumulated and are now looking at trying the same in another new town.

Touched a nerve, have i??? Fair do's Martie...you know a lot more about my mob than i do of yours. Box office, and aw' that. Canny buy history, even with a mechano set with a tent over it to justify taking 20+ brass beans off every daft p***k who comes in through the away door this year. Just keep our seat warm bud :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. East End Park - Every time I go there we get absolutely humped.

Somerset Park (Under Mark Roberts only - Above but worse because we're meant to be at home)

Dens - Stewarding like we're in the middle of a prison riot.

Cappielow - when we're stuck in the main stand, WDE is a decent day out.

Cliftonhill - Bit past the stage of needing a lick of paint.

Ok, worst current stadiums for reasons probably obvious

1) Cliftonhill - It had one stand closed for safety reasons last time I was there. The pitch is a potato field and Albion Rovers pull the ball boys from behind the goal if they are winning. Hellhole of a ground.

2) Central Park - Its like watching football in a cage. Treated like animals and the ground is a concrete mess.

3) Cappielow - Awful stadium, no leg room. One stand closed down for safety reasons, mugging zone on the way out of the ground and its in Greenock

4) Dens Park - Awful ground, turnstiles are too narrow, no soap in the loo, no hot water. The stand is falling down. They also now use Lindsays for the pies instead of Wallaces who do far better pies.

5) Rugby Park - Say naw for a sore baw. The leg room is awful and I'm 5ft 10. The seats aren't comfortable, ma baws were numb by half time, the pies are over-rated, I didn't enjoy Rugby Park one bit.

Just missed the list:-

Recreation Park, Gayfield and Tynecastle.

Old stadiums that would have been on the list

Boothferry Park, Hull

Dumbarton's old ground

Spartans old ground

Old Bayview

4) Dens Park - Awful ground, turnstiles are too narrow, no soap in the loo, no hot water. The stand is falling down. They also now use Lindsays for the pies instead of Wallaces who do far better pies.

I suspect the parts I've highlighted aren't entirely unrelated.

5. Central Park. Being so far down in my list may surprise a few people. Unlike Cappielow however my legs have as much room as they need. Unlike Dens there's parking and the stewards tend to be alright. Unlike Almondvale it's not all legolandy and dull and unlike the ugly sisters grounds it's not full of sectarian mutants- just slightly simple but completely pleasant Fife mutants.

=4. Parkhead/Ibrox Full of glory hunting, sectarian mutants. Expensive and you find yourself having to constantly be aware of flying coins and spit. JUst awful.

3. Almondvale, Painfully dull, generic and empty. Only positive is that Prunty scored the best goal I've ever seen live there. And we usually win.

2. Dens Park, long journey, nae parking, cold, always lose, main stand has no view, Nazi stewards, in Dundee etc etc.

1. Cappielow (for away fans) For home fans it's great but the away end is a nightmare. I'm 5"11 and had to put my feet over the seat infront of me to fit. Can only remember us ever winning once there (3-0, January 2013) as well. Horrible.

The mere suggestion of Arbroath/Forfar/Brechin being the worst is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site. Smashing away days!

5. Central Park. Being so far down in my list may surprise a few people. Unlike Cappielow however my legs have as much room as they need. Unlike Dens there's parking and the stewards tend to be alright. Unlike Almondvale it's not all legolandy and dull and unlike the ugly sisters grounds it's not full of sectarian mutants- just slightly simple but completely pleasant Fife mutants.

=4. Parkhead/Ibrox Full of glory hunting, sectarian mutants. Expensive and you find yourself having to constantly be aware of flying coins and spit. JUst awful.

3. Almondvale, Painfully dull, generic and empty. Only positive is that Prunty scored the best goal I've ever seen live there. And we usually win.

2. Dens Park, long journey, nae parking, cold, always lose, main stand has no view, Nazi stewards, in Dundee etc etc.

1. Cappielow (for away fans) For home fans it's great but the away end is a nightmare. I'm 5"11 and had to put my feet over the seat infront of me to fit. Can only remember us ever winning once there (3-0, January 2013) as well. Horrible.

The mere suggestion of Arbroath/Forfar/Brechin being the worst is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site. Smashing away days!

I've only ever been to Almondvale once which was last week......I thought it was a cracking stadium, that said it's amazing what a difference a full stadium can make. McDiarmid Park is a classic example of this too.

New Bayview, one stand, scaffold terrace and cold. It's also in methil.

Recreation Park, shitey gazebo which leaks.

Dens, don't mind the stadium that much but as mentioned the Naziesque stewarding is probably the worst I've experienced.

Ochilview, a 'stadium' that would be more at home in a school. it's only redeeming feature was that I was able to smoke at the side of the terrace.

Central Park, by far and away the worst ground in Scotland and maybe even the world. The place looks like shit, the view is shit. Should be demolished at the first opportunity.

Central Park, by far and away the worst ground in Scotland and maybe even the world. The place looks like shit, the view is shit. Should be demolished at the first opportunity.

This.

No offence to Cowdenbeath fans but the place should be fucking condemned, how on earth it gets a safety certificate is a mystery, like watching football in prison, views are appalling and it reeks of diesel.

Quite possibly the worst venue to host senior football ever

Archived