Worst football stadiums you have been to

Binos123sam

You should go when there's a game on.

No thanks. The journey to the grim north east is long and tedious enough without subsequently having to sit in a stadium with a couple hundred silent Aberdonian fans and an unforgiving gale blasting through from the north sea.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised to see the Rec on so many lists. It's a smashing ground in a good location with a great playing surface and houses an over-achieving Scottish club. The only drawback I can think of is the hindrance of the pillars- which is as good as negligible to me. It'd be in my top 10 in Scotland.

The ground has been ruined by an utterly shit gazebo construction in the away end, that can't even keep the rain out anyway.

The location, being in Alloa, is already fucking shit. It's the Port Glasgow of 'central' Scotland.

It is indeed, and why anyone would want to voluntarily sit inside that load of shite for the duration of a football match completely escapes me.

Pittodrie and Tynecastle are pretty similar IMO....

Both old grounds with a bit of character. Not sure why you're taking such a moral high ground over it or moaning about the weather when presumably you stay 120 miles down the Coast. :lol:

Pittodrie and Tynecastle are pretty similar IMO....

Both old grounds with a bit of character. Not sure why you're taking such a moral high ground over it or moaning about the weather when presumably you stay 120 miles down the Coast. :lol:

Pretty similar...but one stadium gets decent attendances, while the other.....doesn't. And one stadium has an arctic blast of wind which continually gusts into the away section, while the other stadium provides away fans with an oft-appreciated away day experience

Pretty similar...but one stadium gets decent attendances, while the other.....doesn't. And one stadium has an arctic blast of wind which continually gusts into the away section, while the other stadium provides away fans with an oft-appreciated away day experience

Tynecastle > Pittodrie for me too. But AFC have a very good support, bigger than Hearts. And I go to Gayfield every weekend, the arctic blast of wind as you put it as not even a patch on what I get every weekend, man up eh :P

1) hampden , disappointing for a national stadium and if behind the goal you need to a set of binoculars to get a decent view.

2)tannadice stand above the tunnel. Overall tannadice is not the worst stadium but that wee corner is shocking , leg room is rediculous and it is as if it was designed for the wooden seats to give your shin a battering just to purposely annoy you

3)craven cottage - was there as a wee guy back in 04 for a pre season friendly and the stand behind the goal actually shook when rangers were doing the bouncy.

4) Cowdenbeath first experience of the place a few weeks back and it was just bizzare in all honesty would be the only way to describe the experience and place

5)rugby park is a generally shite away day however my view on the place softened after my trip there in May 2011 which ironically was probably my favourite domestic away day :)

Slightly related but I was dissaponted by hibs new stand after the ramsdens cup final last season , the steepness is not very good at all and this was proven after a boy in my section ended up taking a tumble down them , was a horrible sight and sound and just generally thought it was not a very well built modern new stand in all honesty.

Ochilview: had hospitality for a saints v stenhousemuir cup match in 09, it was a table with cold pies on it with plastic chairs overlooking the pitch

Kinnoull Juniors ground: it's just a field with a rope around the pitch I paid £1 to go into to watch the perth amateur cup final (Letham v Fairfield for those wondering).

Station Park, Forfar: The terracing has seen better days behind the goal, that combined with a decrepit main stand and very little to do pre match was not fun.

Gayfield: cold as f**k

Blackpools Bloomfield road: I'm still struggling to understand how that ground was in the premier league. It was shocking

Ochilview: had hospitality for a saints v stenhousemuir cup match in 09, it was a table with cold pies on it with plastic chairs overlooking the pitch

Kinnoull Juniors ground: it's just a field with a rope around the pitch I paid £1 to go into to watch the perth amateur cup final (Letham v Fairfield for those wondering).

Station Park, Forfar: The terracing has seen better days behind the goal, that combined with a decrepit main stand and very little to do pre match was not fun.

Gayfield: cold as f**k

Blackpools Bloomfield road: I'm still struggling to understand how that ground was in the premier league. It was shocking

Is Kinnoull's pitch still down by Hunters (Fairfield)?

Is Kinnoull's pitch still down by Hunters (Fairfield)?

Yep, the toilets are a concrete wall you piss against with the only light provided being the crack in the ceiling

No they don't.

Yup, Hearts are taking over 7000 to Livingston today it seems, Aberdeen are taking almost half that to Inverness.

Yup, Hearts are taking over 7000 to Livingston today it seems, Aberdeen are taking almost half that to Inverness.

Yeah I mean it's not like Edinburgh is only 15 miles away from Livi.

Aberdeen to Inverness is 100, so by that reckoning the following Aberdeen will take is proportionally better in terms of the distance covered.

Now be very specific in your next answer. #suprasliveson :P

Yeah I mean it's not like Edinburgh is only 15 miles away from Livi.

Aberdeen to Inverness is 100, so by that reckoning the following Aberdeen will take is proportionally better in terms of the distance covered.

Now be very specific in your next answer. #suprasliveson :P

I'll kick you in the pie if I see you later

I'll kick you in the pie if I see you later

Good, East stand, Row J, Seat 14-something!

I think. Square go round the back of the Ormand, be there or else!

Archived