Paintballing

Honest_Man#1

Extremely shite. Sounds like a good day out, then you've got to shell out for more paintballs and they ain't cheap as you think they should be. The balls always get stuck in your gun as well. That was about 5 years ago I went and I'll never do it again. Too dear, no fun at all and hurts like f**k. Don't understand why folk do it constantly. Weirdos.

Extremely shite. Sounds like a good day out, then you've got to shell out for more paintballs and they ain't cheap as you think they should be. The balls always get stuck in your gun as well. That was about 5 years ago I went and I'll never do it again. Too dear, no fun at all and hurts like f**k. Don't understand why folk do it constantly. Weirdos.

Pretty much this. If you choose to throw money at it however, you may as well invest in the gloves. Getting hit on the bare knuckles is something you tend to do only once.

I've got bad karma in the pipeline so not looking forward to the next inevitable stag do or whatever. The last time I did it, I was with a few mates amongst a large group of crazy looking randoms and the last game involved sticking it out in a poorly protected zone for 2 extremely long minutes before switching around. Having survived pretty well during my turn with a good number of pellets left which I was definitely going to use just because of the price, I took up a sniper position and had a clear line to some helpless chap exposed beside a barrel. Knowing fine well that it would sting like fcuk, I didn't really want to cake this guy but realised that if the tables were turned then I'd be pretty colourful with a numb body within seconds. I'd already taken a fair hit from somebody in an earlier game too and really wanted this to be the guy .

As a result, the horrible sadist in me opened fire and subjected some poor fcuker to what must have been a horrible couple of minutes. It was only later when we were back at our chalet that my mate came out of the shower and one of his sides was completely black and blue because of "some cowardly c*** in the bushes who shot him non-stop for a couple of minutes". He got a good few free beers out of it after I admitted it was me but to this day I still feel extremely guilty about it. :(

Moral of the story: Don't do it. Some c*** like me might be there.

Done it once about 6/7 years ago.

Not the worst day out but it's bloody expensive. Think I was the think end of £80-£100 all in.

It is a good laugh if there is a group of you but it hurts like hell if hit on certain areas close to the bone.

Sure we went to one not far beyond Glasgow Airport. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the place.

It's absolutely shite.

As has been said, it's vastly overpriced and you spend most of the morning being shouted at being told what to do.

We were on a stag do about 10 years ago and were getting restless in the wooded area so started shooting each other. The bell end of a supervisor came running out screaming at us so he copped it from all angles himself.

Been a couple of times, both as part of stag weekends. Didn't think it was too painful getting hit, but I was still fairly drunk from the night before on each occasion so the drink might have numbed it.

I quite enjoyed it both times ive been, although is very expensive, you're looking at about £100 for the day if you want to play all the games, and even then i was still being pretty conservative with my paintballs. You could easy shoot about £20 worth in about 5 minutes.

Had a couple of sore ones, wee finger got hit a cracker (no gloves), thought it was broken as it went purple and tripled in size. Got one in the kidney as well which was fucking agony, spent the rest of that game behind a tree spewing.

Head shots not counting is a terrible rule, half the time all you can see is the head.

Oh, and wear football boots.

Actually, the biggest issue for me is steamy goggles. Don't know if it's just me but they just steam up after a few minutes which makes the prime objective of your mission trying to avoid running into trees. Not much fun seeing when you're giving the choice of that or risking 'doing a PJ'.

Actually, the biggest issue for me is steamy goggles. Don't know if it's just me but they just steam up after a few minutes which makes the prime objective of your mission trying to avoid running into trees. Not much fun seeing when you're giving the choice of that or risking 'doing a PJ'.

Forgot about this. An absolute pain in the arse, spend 80% of the time completely blind.

Archived