heaters up full blast and windows down

I was once trying to clear a blockage in the hoover hose in my office. Being too lazy to find any tools to help do the job I tried blowing through it but no joy.

Being a keen smoker at the time I reckoned my suction powers would be strong so sucked the end of the vacuum hose and hey presto, the blockage cleared. Sadly, I got a lung full of years of manky office dusty and nearly choked to death in a cloud of stour as my co-workers nearly ended themselves at my stupidity.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my mate bought a Renault with a sun roof which started leaking. He took it back to the garage (a shower of cowboys. Let's call them something like.... Arnold Clerk). He was advised to smear Vaseline around the rim of the sun roof....

No he missheard they said put vaseline round your rim. Your about to be shafted.

I once attended a training class which was held up for over an hour when the overhead projector stopped working. People had travelled in from all over the country so the time being lost was a big deal. The problem was eventually solved when they noticed that one of the other attendees had unplugged the projector from the wall so she could use the outlet for her phone charger.

Oh, how we laughed.

We were getting water in through a wall at a flat we rented last year. This was down to the chimney not being covered correctly.

The advice from the letting agency was to "air the room out until dry"

Worked short term till the wall began to collapse after doing so and needed replaced.

We were getting water in through a wall at a flat we rented last year. This was down to the chimney not being covered correctly.

The advice from the letting agency was to "air the room out until dry"

Worked short term till the wall began to collapse after doing so and needed replaced.

I find making every letter fly in with car brake screeching sounds does the trick. If that doesn't work then use a picture of Chris Kamara in some funny altercation whilst doing the David Brent office dance.

Not technology but this reminded me of an incident over 10 years ago when my mate's missus locked the car keys in her car.

It was an old fiesta with manual locks so me and my mate planned to try and slide some wire down the side of the window, catch the latch and open the door that way.

I asked her if she had a spare coat hanger.

She returned with a wooden one.

Not technology but this reminded me of an incident over 10 years ago when my mate's missus locked the car keys in her car.

It was an old fiesta with manual locks so me and my mate planned to try and slide some wire down the side of the window, catch the latch and open the door that way.

I asked her if she had a spare coat hanger.

She returned with a wooden one.

Neil Ruddock told that one on Soccer Am about 5 year ago ;)

Archived