The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any player was to leave my money would be on Miller. In may ways he's like the Barrowman signing, came with a decent reputation, fans at former club really rate him, just doesn't look interested at Morton and just hasn't worked out for him so far.

I don't understand the clamour by some to put him at CB as he seems incapable of being able to tackle. He's been played in midfield for Morton and I can't remember him making a single tackle - not bad for a defensive midfielder.

Is it not worth giving him a go at his best position before writing him off? Just once. Can't hurt, can it?

Dim Duffy selected utter dross like Miller and McKee ahead of Pepper for today's match for... what reason exactly?

The Pepper one's really bugging me now. We need his tenacity and enthusiasm in the middle of the park. If we managed to get Tidser he'd be the absolutely perfect foil for him. Why Duffy won't start him's beyond me. You can add Gaston to that gripe too. First time I've seen Adam, not impressed.

Believe me, he knows exactly what he is doing.

Picked the right team.

A point at Ayr is acceptable.

Ok. Justify how he picked the right team then in as few words as possible. This should be good. I'm not too unhappy with a point as I expected to get beat pre-match but that's all I agree with you on.

I can only conclude that Joe McKee has a huge stash of incriminating photos of Duffy right now. When the rest of the squad was looking grim or unavailable, fair enough. That was an almost full-strength lineup, with added attacking options this month. There is no valid reason why Pepper shouldn't be playing. Behind MacDonald he is our second best player now and Dim chucks away two more points due to a rank central midfield that lost control of the match in the second half, and offered nothing in Ayr's penalty box.

Unacceptable.

If you're supposed to be challenging for a title (we're not actually challenging, but Duffy's fans claim we are) then drawing with relegation fodder is never acceptable.

We are challenging for the title, just in the worst title race in Scottish football history.

And struggling, badly, despite a massive budget advantage over 8/9 rivals.

Wake/Peaso as a dream-team replacement for this clueless gimp.

We are challenging for the title, just in the worst title race in Scottish football history.

And struggling, badly, despite a massive budget advantage over 8/9 rivals.

Wake/Peaso as a dream-team replacement for this clueless gimp.

:thumsup2

Drawing at Ayr isn't acceptable given their recent form. Wasn't at the game so really comment on how we played but going by reports we seemed to have created lots of chances compared to Ayr.

Our problem still seems to be defence. Adam is a poor substitute keeper and the sooner Gaston gets back the better.

Would like to hear how Miller played today. Is it worth keeping him at the heart of our defence?

Transfer window is not closed and I still think there will be a bit of movement before it does. With another player coming in and perhaps another player leaving to bring someone else in.

As we know we have an abundance of CB's so I would say one of them will be told they won't feature and it's best to move on.

O'Ware won't leave as he has been good this season and is versatile. So you could say it could be between Miller, Milo, Crighton and Kilday..

If we get a defensive holding midfielder then O'Ware and Miller won't feature in midfield as much.

O'Ware could feature at RB if Kilday went and of course at CB if Crighton, Miller or Milo went.

As well as a defensive midfielder still think we need an experienced CB, and a LB (but that won't happen)

Archived