The Great Big Morton Thread

We've just signed Stuart Findlay on loan from Celtic, believe he was with you in the omnishambles of a season that was last year.

Any good? Better than Scott Taggart/Ching Mclaughlin?

He was one of the very few positives last season. Looked a real prospect. Heard we tried to get him back as well.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this sounds positive, Campbell & Taggart have yet to full convince most of our fans so far if I'm honest. We've played Taggart at CB where he's uncomfortable and Campbell mainly has came off the bench.

Anyway good to hear positive stuff about Findlay!

Well this sounds positive, Campbell & Taggart have yet to full convince most of our fans so far if I'm honest. We've played Taggart at CB where he's uncomfortable and Campbell mainly has came off the bench.

Seriously? Taggart was good at right back, for the most part, in his first season - bit shaky defensively, but good going forward. He had a couple of injuries last season and ended up playing some of the second half of the season in a holding midfield role - he was inconsistent there, could be decent at times but often went missing.

Campbell had a wondeful spell of about 10 games for us in his second season, starting with a hattrick against Dumbarton at Cappielow. He was pretty much unstoppable during that period. Mediocre the rest of the time though, far too inconsistent.

Findlay was very impressive for a defender of his age. Big, strong, moved well, comfortable on the ball, but still to learn many of the tricks of the trade. If he develops right I would've thought he has a decent chance of being a Scotland cap in the future.

Seriously? Taggart was good at right back, for the most part, in his first season - bit shaky defensively, but good going forward. He had a couple of injuries last season and ended up playing some of the second half of the season in a holding midfield role - he was inconsistent there, could be decent at times but often went missing.

Campbell had a wondeful spell of about 10 games for us in his second season, starting with a hattrick against Dumbarton at Cappielow. He was pretty much unstoppable during that period. Mediocre the rest of the time though, far too inconsistent.

Findlay was very impressive for a defender of his age. Big, strong, moved well, comfortable on the ball, but still to learn many of the tricks of the trade. If he develops right I would've thought he has a decent chance of being a Scotland cap in the future.

Taggart at centre back does look like someone being played badly out of position, unfortunately for him Van Zanten has been pretty excellent since about mid October and so he's not had a chance at full back.

Campbell has mainly played on the wing for us, he often looks threatening but he is an atrocious finisher and his final ball is consistently poor. In saying that his pace still stretches defences, especially when coming on as a sub, and he is improving.

Findlay sounds like he could be this seasons replacement for Mikey Miller who was different class for us last season, if he plays as well as Mikey then we are onto a winner!

Taggart at centre back does look like someone being played badly out of position, unfortunately for him Van Zanten has been pretty excellent since about mid October and so he's not had a chance at full back.

Campbell has mainly played on the wing for us, he often looks threatening but he is an atrocious finisher and his final ball is consistently poor. In saying that his pace still stretches defences, especially when coming on as a sub, and he is improving.

Findlay sounds like he could be this seasons replacement for Mikey Miller who was different class for us last season, if he plays as well as Mikey then we are onto a winner!

Could you phone Jim Duffy and let him know where this boy plays. Cheers.

I'll always remember Taggart for 2 goals, the goal v Partick at Firhill on Bozing Day and that screamer against Cowden, we won 3-2 IIRC from 2-0 down.

Could you phone Jim Duffy and let him know where this boy plays. Cheers.

Playing Mikey anywhere other than centre half is a sackable offence. He'd be the best defender in the league, by some distance, if Duffy wasn't playing him out of position to allow people like Crighton to play there.

As most have said - Findlay will excel for the Sons. Amazing prospect. Quick, good with the ball at his feet, likes to go the occasional charge through midfield beating players and for a player of his age, has excellent positional sense. You'll actually be gutted when he leaves.

The Tidser situation is pretty much based on what he thinks is the best offer. We have offered an excellent package and it's clearly being considered due to his previous time with us. Would have been an easy decision for him to pick someone else if it wasn't for the terms we seem to have offered.

I wonder though - If Tidser signs, is Forbes our left sided player? - Going from reports, he's as fast as John Goodman. Not promising.

A left back now please Douglas/Jim and I'll even clap along for a while.

As most have said - Findlay will excel for the Sons. Amazing prospect. Quick, good with the ball at his feet, likes to go the occasional charge through midfield beating players and for a player of his age, has excellent positional sense. You'll actually be gutted when he leaves.

The Tidser situation is pretty much based on what he thinks is the best offer. We have offered an excellent package and it's clearly being considered due to his previous time with us. Would have been an easy decision for him to pick someone else if it wasn't for the terms we seem to have offered.

I wonder though - If Tidser signs, is Forbes our left sided player? - Going from reports, he's as fast as John Goodman. Not promising.

A left back now please Douglas/Jim and I'll even clap along for a while.

Russell at left back surely??

Can add to the pace on the left hand side which Forbes apparently lacks- could actually work quite well.

Stuart Findlay is class at that level for a player of his age.

Didn't know who to quote about Stuart Findlay, but this'll do nicely.

I always thought he was a quality player for us and spoke to him after he 10-2 game at Hamilton at the end of last season and he was gutted. Genuinely think he'll go on to better things.

Archived