The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Dougie for releasing the funding for this signing. Wonder if there is just a little bit more for a CB?

Well we were after Findlay while chasing Tidser at the same time so hopefully he still has funds to bring in a centre half.

Chances on McManus coming back in a month or so???

"The 25-year-old had options in England as well as at Premiership level in Scotland but is understood to have shunned those offers in favour of a Ton return."

St Mirren and Ross County being two of them!

I can perhaps understand why Tidser has knocked County back especially if his wife is expecting; and perhaps his association with Morton ruled out a move to St Mirren. That is ignoring the distinct possibility that one, if not both, of these teams could be competing in the same division as Morton next year. From an outsider looking in however, it isn't the most ambitious move from a player who was tipped to move onto bigger things. I'm slightly surprised that we haven't been credited with an interest considering that we were in for him last January - but I suppose you could say that we're in no better nick currently than the two other aforementioned teams.

Whilst I imagine being comfortably two of the best technical players in the division, a midfield of Tidser and Forbes isn't the most mobile especially if they are going to play as a central two. Forbes struggles in a two at the best of times so I would have thought switching to a three with a leggier runner would be the best approach but Duffy isn't exactly renowned from his tactical acumen.

Bit of pressure on Duffy to deliver promotion now because his January signings won't have come cheap.

Gaston

Kilday - diddy - diddy - Russell

McCluskey - Pepper - O'Ware - Tidser - Forbes

MacDonald

Would take that until the end of the season. Defence and left side is still concerning.

I just can't see how having Tidser and Forbes in a midfield 4 would work. Nowhere near enough mobility. It'w what Duffy will try play though, NAP.

Yeah, we now have Tidser, Forbes, Pepper and McKee as creative options in central midfield. I assume he's going to use Forbes on the left more than in the middle, but you simply can't leave Tidser or Pepper out. This means we surely have to switch to a midfield five, although I strongly doubt the money's there for a holding midfielder now so that means persisting with defenders who don't have the positional sense to play there. I doubt Caldwell dropped to this level to sit on the bench either but with only one up front it has to be MacDonald.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2015/01/21/521977-breaking-tidser-agrees-terms-on-ton-return/

Great signings on paper for the Ton.

It would take an epic fail to miss out on promotion now.

Liam Lindsay would be a decent loan signing for Morton if Dougie has any millions left in his war chest?

Archived