The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he'd rather be promoted into the Championship than relegated into it via County or the Skunks. He may chose a higher level but I'd guess that he wouldn't pick either of those two.

Essentially I believe that Tids will pick a higher level than us -but would probably avoid the two teams that may be favourites for the drop. I also believe that he might consider us a. If the package is attractive enough b. Because of his previous connection with the club and linking up with Peaso again c. He would love to get promoted with the 'ton. I'm not optimistic at all about any of this happening (far less deluded). A 6 month deal might tick the boxes for him then he can opt out if doesn't go to plan.

If that's still your idea of delusion - then so be it.

This is delusion, if ever I seen it.

:)

Yeah, excitement at even having a 0.01% chance of getting Tidser back is understandable but the idea that he'd choose Morton if given a straight choice between ourselves and Dundee or County is hilarious.

:)

Considering the negotiations were attempting to get an 18 month contract instead of a 6 month deal. How we got a 2 and a half year shows excellent business from us. I'm impressed.

Excellent deal, with another chance to make more money when he inevitably moves on to bigger things.

Well done, Morton

I wonder if immediate personal circumstances have dictated this, is his missus not expecting?

I'd expect there would be a release clause should we fail to win promotion.

He's potentially got another 10 years of a full time career, so regular full time championship football affords him a chance to alter his style (to accommodate a lack of pace?) to move up again before he's 28.

Pressure is really on Duffy now.

Archived