St Mirren Relegation Express

If we do go down, which is looking more than likely, I hope Cowdenbeath stay up as I have never been to Central Park. Another one to tick off the list.

Just watch Mad Max 2 for a similar experience, although you'll have to put some wire mesh round your screen for the full effect 8)

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fighting it out for the top 6 is quite a bit better than most Dundee fans ever thought would be possible in our first season back.

Yeah I'd agree maybe it's just my perspective at the moment of the constant shite relegation battle for the past x amount of seasons. Just trying to give myself some hope for next year once we are in the championship.

It seems utterly bizarre, to me anyway, that someone bases their opinion on a football club of several thousand fans, based on a few people who are a bit irritating on the internet. But that's just me.

Yeah I'll give you that, we do that a lot to be fair.

If it was down to the performance of their fans on Internet forums everyone would hate Dundee FC.

Which to be fair I've always hated as a club anyway, it's nothing to do with the pish that their fans post.

fraser_smfc, on 22 Mar 2015 - 12:28, said:

It seems utterly bizarre, to me anyway, that someone bases their opinion on a football club of several thousand fans, based on a few people who are a bit irritating on the internet. But that's just me.

Yeah I'll give you that, we do that a lot to be fair.

P&B is the first point of contact for many of a club, therefore it's the first impression its support can give off. I don't think anyone hates St Mirren because of the likes of Lex, because that would just be sad, but I do think people do like to give it a big GIRFUY from time to time and St Mirren struggling enables people to do that.

If it was down to the performance of their fans on Internet forums everyone would hate Dundee FC.

Which to be fair I've always hated as a club anyway, it's nothing to do with the pish that their fans post.

post-25521-0-28625300-1427028529_thumb.j

in all seriousness have dundee fans enjoy this season better than lasts? let's face it for all teams out with the ugly sisters a cup win is all we can hope for. So obviously we all want to be in the top league but was a title winning/challenging season better. I'm not for one min saying we'll do this.

I get what your saying, but until the last 3/4 weeks of the season when us and Hamilton were taking turns at bottling it, the season was generally a shitfest. The football was turgid.

The thought of going down, winning games and fighting at the right end of the table isn't a bad one. The reality however is absolutely shite. Playing at Central Park in the middle of December or at home to Raith Rovers on a Tuesday night with about 42 away fans in attendance and watching absolute dross teams try to sit in and suck the life out of games because they see you as some sort of scalp even though you know yourself how shite your own team is, and if the opposition actually had a go they might win, is mind numbing.

BuddieInDundee, on 22 Mar 2015 - 12:56, said:

I've always found Dundee as a fairly un-hateable club tbh. Don't really understand the general seethe between Saints and Dundee fans on here.

Two teams that have a higher proportion of posters than most other clubs means these two clubs have a higher proportion of belters. Belters clash. Which leads to everyone clashing.

I've always found Dundee as a fairly un-hateable club tbh. Don't really understand the general seethe between Saints and Dundee fans on here.

It's just on here tbh. Whenever I've met any St Mirren fans at games and in the pub etc they seem decent. Our fans (all 50 or so of us) also clapped St Mirren off on the day they won the league against us at Love Street which Saints fans seemed to appreciate.

It was the attitude of some on here - like Lex and his great delusions - about where both clubs were at back in the summer that have made St Mirren's situation quite amusing. Each and every one of our signings was slated and we were told by many that we'd be getting relegated while Saints pushed for the top 6.

Forgive me for not coming back with a picture of a St Mirren player/manager with hilarious white writing on it but I can't be arsed.

It's understandable. Being upset sucks the motivation out of you.

It's just on here tbh. Whenever I've met any St Mirren fans at games and in the pub etc they seem decent. Our fans (all 50 or so of us) also clapped St Mirren off on the day they won the league against us at Love Street which Saints fans seemed to appreciate.

It was the attitude of some on here - like Lex and his great delusions - about where both clubs were at back in the summer that have made St Mirren's situation quite amusing. Each and every one of our signings was slated and we were told by many that we'd be getting relegated while Saints pushed for the top 6.

Ball and Marwood propelling us to top 6 glory under the shrewd tactician Tommy Craig. Seems legit.

We had the basis of a decent squad at the end of last season. The summer signings and appointment of Craig quickly sucked all optimism out of me. It's a bit upsetting seeing the McGinn brothers with you lot, can't believe we never went for Stephen during January with McLean departing.

That's my worry as well. In recent seasons we've usually had a couple of guys who will dig in and show a bit of bottle in these situations. Guys like Broadfoot in our first season, or Murray. McLean was doing it for us this season before we flogged him, but now we have nothing. Our team is really quite spineless. We have no dig, bottle or leadership at all. That won't do in the Championship.

Plenty of teams have suffered back to back relegation when the bunch of shitebags that got them relegated in the first place turned out to be just as big a bunch of shitebags the season after.

I'm also worried about back-to-back relegations. No doubt the current board will keep Teale (he's under contract) and budget for an eighth place finish.

On the plus side, of the current squad I reckon Naismith, Kelly, Goodwin and Mallan are the only ones under contract so most of the dross will be binned whoever is in charge. The only one I'd be worried about losing is McGinn.

P&B is the first point of contact for many of a club, therefore it's the first impression its support can give off. I don't think anyone hates St Mirren because of the likes of Lex, because that would just be sad, but I do think people do like to give it a big GIRFUY from time to time and St Mirren struggling enables people to do that.

I think that's spot on tbh.

Saints fans began stoking up Killie v Murn games as some sort of rivalry in recent seasons, which is just bizarre. That, coupled with the "worrying times at Rugby Park" chat has led a lot of Killie fans to give it the ol' -

Alex_Marshall_2988183b.jpg

I think it's as simple as not really having anything against Motherwell, Saints or County so having to pick on the slightest wee thing when choosing who to support in the battle against relegation. County and 'well have a lot of decent supporters on here and Saints have a handful of throbbers. That's about it.

He might not have to...

True but a lot/all the Premiership club chairmen will be rubbing their hands at the thought of Hearts and Rangers entering the Premiership.

Certainly will see a marked boost to our crowds compared to this season.

Archived