Peterhead vs. The Loons

Well, that's the presents wrapped, the tatties and sprouts peeled and the snacks for Santa et al laid out - all in preparation for another day sitting with a black bin bag shoveling in great bloody handfuls of discarded wrapping paper. It'll be fine though.

With that out of the way I suppose I better start a thread for this game - last of the 5 in Div 1 to get their collective shit together. Bizarre that it's come down to a Loon living in Englandshire, but currently sitting in central Fife to get the party started. However, given it will be my first sight of the Loons in a couple of years will gladly get ball rolling.

I'm gathering from match reports and views expressed on other threads that Forfar have continued to collect points in the last few weeks despite performances having dropped from previous levels. Whilst some will err on the side of "sign of a good team when you pick up points not playing so well" - it is also fair to say that "you'll not get away with that all the time".

I fancy, however, that if Kader starts as opposed to getting splinters in his arse and that one or t'other (or even both) of Swanks or Hilson start to find the net again we should have enough to take at least a point back to Station Park as a belated Christmas present.

Can't be arsed popping into the 'seasonal' thread that's appeared so, Merry Christmas all and here's to a new year that brings success to those who richly deserve it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, not been playing as great but if we can start how finished the last 15 minutes against Airdrie we should be able to get a result. A point wouldn't be the worst.

Would suspect kader will replace Fotheringham, don't see the need to make any other adjustments.

How's the weather looking up there?

No snow but it's been a white frost virtually all day and forecast the same for tomorrow. Not enough to put the the game off I wouldn't think but likely to be tricky underfoot conditions.

Hardly any wind either which is most unusual for here.

No snow but it's been a white frost virtually all day and forecast the same for tomorrow. Not enough to put the the game off I wouldn't think but likely to be tricky underfoot conditions.

Hardly any wind either which is most unusual for here.

pure white frost all day here too. If the game was on Forfar with a grass pitch it would most certainly be called off

Clearing the pitch and having it playable will be one thing - travelling up the east coast beyond Aberdeen on potentially snow-covered and/or icy roads is something else altogether. What's the council's record in getting the roads sorted?

Clearing the pitch and having it playable will be one thing - travelling up the east coast beyond Aberdeen on potentially snow-covered and/or icy roads is something else altogether. What's the council's record in getting the roads sorted?

It's Peterhead, not the North Pole FFS.

It's Peterhead, not the North Pole FFS.

Don't think it was/is an unreasonable question. Unfortunately I come from an area of the UK where our councils run for the hills at the first sign of snow/ice and leave drivers to make complete arses of themselves. I take it from your fairly dismissive response that Grampian Council are not in that camp.

Any further views/advice still welcome . . .

Don't think it was/is an unreasonable question. Unfortunately I come from an area of the UK where our councils run for the hills at the first sign of snow/ice and leave drivers to make complete arses of themselves. I take it from your fairly dismissive response that Grampian Council are not in that camp.

Any further views/advice still welcome . . .

You assuption that it would be a problem North of Aberdeen is what prompted the response. You obviously aren't aware that the A90 runs all the wsy to Peterhead and is maintained for it's entire length by Bear Scotland.

If you can get as far as Aberdeen then you'll be fine.

You assuption that it would be a problem North of Aberdeen is what prompted the response. You obviously aren't aware that the A90 runs all the wsy to Peterhead and is maintained for it's entire length by Bear Scotland.

If you can get as far as Aberdeen then you'll be fine.

Thanks - sounds fairly promising.

Seeing a council worker in Bedfordshire trying to brush thick snow and solid ice from a pavement with a dustpan brush (I shit you not) lives long in the memory!

Thanks - sounds fairly promising.

Seeing a council worker in Bedfordshire trying to brush thick snow and solid ice from a pavement with a dustpan brush (I shit you not) lives long in the memory!

As a Forfarian living in West Sussex I can relate to that. In my car the other day I listened to the weather report that intimated that there would be a severe frost. Several cars immediately slewed off the road in front of me!

Archived