#HOMFCvHFC

Poorish performance by Hearts, good performance by Hibs results in a draw.

Eckersley and Patterson look like a fine full back pairing.

Goalie is good, the rest need to up their game.

It would be sublime if Hibs get the second promotion spot but both teams need to up their game to survive in the Premiership

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poorish performance by Hearts, good performance by Hibs results in a draw.

Eckersley and Patterson look like a fine full back pairing.

Goalie is good, the rest need to up their game.

It would be sublime if Hibs get the second promotion spot but both teams need to up their game to survive in the Premiership

I'd be relatively happy going into the Premiership with a few signings. Don't think there is massive issues with the current team. Maybe a bit more depth in the attacking options and replacements for guys like Holt/Robinson if they go. Might need to think about Alexander as the veteran of the team.

Defensively we are solid and it's very easy to forget Eckersley is the veteran at 29 of a defence made up of guys who are 20, 22 and 23.

We were playing for a draw today. We can easily afford a draw, but it's still disappointing - we were not good at all.

You could barely tell me were playing three in the middle at times: many misplaced passes in the first half, no mobility whatsoever; meaning that the front trio had barely any support. Nicolson and Walker had to tuck in not only because of Hibs' narrow midfield, but that none of our three were making an effort to get forward and support - the main reason why I thought Buaben was one of our poorest performers, as he's usually the one that gets forward.

Ozturk was a bit ropey but he made a vital intervention in the second half. Keatings ran around, but it was futile: he had no service or support; and that's not his fault at all.

I thought Eckersley was our best player: defensively astute, while very willing to bomb down the flank and actually give us a wide option. Paterson did this too, but not to the same extent as Eckersley. I think if Walker and Nicolson were wider and we could effectively utilise the overlap then we would've created more chances; admittedly I'd be much more confident with this prediction if we had Osman Sow playing.

As for Hibs, they were alright, nothing special - better than us though, so we should be thankful that they can't put their chances away.

I'm disappointed with the performance, even though we're still unbeaten in the league and comfortably in first place. That speaks volumes about the quality of the league, and that we haven't really seen the best of our squad.

Can't argue with that. Our midfield did nothing and were far short of their reputation. Played for a draw and barely broke sweat though could easily have been punished for it.

On the other hand, this was Hibs trying their very hardest not only to beat us but to win three much needed points. They failed. Again.

You got a point.

That means you are currently 19 points behind Hearts. That is the same number of points you are above the relegation play off place.

Hearts have widely been agreed by everyone in this league as the standout team that no one including yourselves comes close too

We didn't play brillantly today but we still matched Hibs and took another massive step on our road to automatic promotion.

Hibs on the other hand have to watch over their shoulders for Falkirk stealing that last play off place.

Enjoy the 1st division with shite like Cummings again next season.

:lol:

Hearts must be pleased to have come out of that that game with a point for a team that looked nervy as f**k.

Fucking estatic

Got exactly what we played for

As it currently stands we can win the league on Wednesday 8th April at Tynecastle then celebrate Saturday 11th at Easter road. Alternatively we might drop another 2 points to someone like Falkirk and win it at Easter Road :)

Once again Hibernian the better team but couldn't finish them off. Hearts set up for a draw and got it.

Didn't see it like that, just thought that our midfield didn't compete. They were overrun easily when we had the ball, and they were slow in the tackle. The defence automatically dropped deep to cover, because nine times out of ten the ball was back on top of them before we could push out. Hibs were the better team, but walkers goal was a thing of beauty from where I was. Deserved to get the draw just for that!!

I think it's wrong to say we were over run. Our players barely broke a sweat. We wanted a point and didn't bother moving for anything more.

Why risk dropping 3 points to Hibs when we can stroll our way to the title.

Looks like he's on the wind up, he's managed to get ferryjambo in a state. That guy bites to absolutely everything.

Ferryjambo wasn't voted the worst Hearts Poster for no reason.....

From what I have seen of Hibs I think they might do pretty well in the Championship next season. Certainly be among the favorites.

If Hibs can hang on to their best players they definitely have a chance. The Rangers may have got their shit sorted out by then and may also fancy their chances.

I apologise people

Clearly I am meant to turn round and say it's a disgrace that we did exactly what was asked of them today by Robbie.

Hearts didn't try and still walked away a step closer to promotion.

Hibs can't beat us when we don't bother and they are at their best. Yet we are meant to see this as some sort of victory for them.

It wasn't. Once again we dictated the game and got exactly what we needed.

Hibs have continually shown themselves to be shit this season when it matters and I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop points to both QOTS and Falkirk this month to make even play off's a fight.

Archived