Can Aberdeen win the league without beating Celtic?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that "best defence in the world" stat even mean? Celtic have conceded fewer than Aberdeen, so presumably they should be above them? Pointless shite.

Yes its an absolute strange one. Article says it should be Celtic but immediately dismissed from the running due to Ambrose inclusion. Racism.

Seventh best defence in the world

Er...best.

What does that "best defence in the world" stat even mean? Celtic have conceded fewer than Aberdeen, so presumably they should be above them? Pointless shite.

It's base on current form.

AFC have their last 7 games on the trot as clean sheets.

The next "best" defence in the world has 6.

Simple.

I reckon we must get at least a win and a draw from the remaining two Celtic games to be in with a chance.

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

Frankly, if we're within touching distance of Celtic in the last couple of games that would be seen as a success.

Heard this on off the ball on Saturday, apologies if its been mentioned already.

Back to the Future was set in 1985. Aberdeen won the league that year.

McFly went back to 1955. Aberdeen won the league that year.

McFly went to the year 2015........

Maybe another case of Aberdeen living in the 80's :P . Hoping they do it but we badly need the points on Saturday.

tumblr_lc9j23tiwQ1qa54hvo1_400.gif

Heard this on off the ball on Saturday, apologies if its been mentioned already.

Back to the Future was set in 1985. Aberdeen won the league that year.

McFly went back to 1955. Aberdeen won the league that year.

McFly went to the year 2015........

Maybe another case of Aberdeen living in the 80's :P . Hoping they do it but we badly need the points on Saturday.

tumblr_lc9j23tiwQ1qa54hvo1_400.gif

Back to the Future 3, despite the wishes of many, does exist. Aberdeen won f**k all in 1885.

I reckon we must get at least a win and a draw from the remaining two Celtic games to be in with a chance.

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

Frankly, if we're within touching distance of Celtic in the last couple of games that would be seen as a success.

No, if we WIN it will be considered success.

Only Utd and Hearts fans think coming close to winning something is success.

If we come 2nd it will be considered the best we've done in years but it's still not a success.

No, if we WIN it will be considered success.

Only Utd and Hearts fans think coming close to winning something is success.

If we come 2nd it will be considered the best we've done in years but it's still not a success.

On current form it isn't beyond Aberdeen to finish in the mid 80's in terms of points. That total would be enough to win the league in many a season. If they achieve that and finish second it still has to be considered a relative success?

On current form it isn't beyond Aberdeen to finish in the mid 80's in terms of points. That total would be enough to win the league in many a season. If they achieve that and finish second it still has to be considered a relative success?

I don't think it would be a success. It would be a fine season for Aberdeen but definitely not a success. For a club like Accies or Inverness to finish second it could be considered more of a success.

I don't think it would be a success. It would be a fine season for Aberdeen but definitely not a success. For a club like Accies or Inverness to finish second it could be considered more of a success.

If they can finish with 80+ points in the league I think it would have to go down as an exceptional season, points wise. I suppose given their budget is probably second largest in the league, finishing second should be seen as what is expected rather than as a great performance.

Relative, yes.

An achievement, yes.

But true success is really winning things. I would love to taste that success again but if I'm being honest and sensible, I think it will be too much for us.

We will hit a bad patch just like we did at the end of last season. We should have had 2nd place weeks before the last game of the season but we had too many draws. To win the league you need to turn those draws into 3 points.

Obviously, in terms of budget Aberdeen should be miles ahead of both those clubs.

Indeed. Aberdeen just missed out on second last season. It's hardly success going one better this season. As said before, true success for a club like Aberdeen is winning silverware and progressing in Europe. For other clubs finishing in the top six is success or getting into Europe, being promoted to the top tier or getting to the semi's in one of the cups. Everyone has their own success gauge.

I just don't feel second place is worthy as success for Aberdeen. They have a history of winning the league and have split the OF a few times in the past. I feel the time is now to capitalise on Rangers death and Celtic's poor form, and bring back league glory to Pittodrie.

the title is Celtics to lose

if they ask the other clubs to get more than 90 points to beat them like season 13/14 they'll fall well short

if they ask the other clubs to get more than 79 points to beat them like season 12/13 we'll see United or Aberdeen take home the crown

88-99 points for celtic = Easy peasy for Celtic

80-87 points for celtic = exciting title race

42-79 points for celtic = two!! celtic managers sacked by 1st June and others romping the title

Archived