Widge is at it again! (FM15)

Widge

Scottish Cup Final 2016

So here we go again, once more unto the breach, an incredible third final for the Saintees, a seat Hampden and looking to regain the trophy after last years poor outing against a Celtic team who well deserved their win.

In the run up to this one, from a Saints point of view, they had already lost top scorer and vital striker, Christopher Kane, who had scored an impressive 26 goals for the season and had 6 in 3 games against opponents Rangers. Which meant Zaliukas and co had a slight grin of relief on their face tat the little hitman wasn't going to play. Even more so that veteran saints Legend and previous cup final hero Steven MacLean was also out injured in his final season with the Perth team, he was the natural replacement and equally a threat for the Glasgow outfit. As it stood the player to ake over goalscoring responsibilities would be young Mina, on loan and probably in his last game for the team, he's had an injury plague season, but has still contributed over half a dozen goals to the team at vital times. It's clear the youngster has ability, can he bring it to the big stage though??

St Johnstone have also welcomed back captain, David Mackay and former Gers youngster Lewis McLeod back to fitness after slight knows and they are both in line to take to the Hampden pitch, which will boost the fans travelling from Perth.

Indeed, match day and here's how the teams lined up....

2wlylhh.png

So it was pretty much the team that saints fans had hoped for, without the talismanic Kane up top. In terms of key battles...

McLeod vs Andrews - The youngster a youth product from Ibrox, will hope to get the better of veteran Keith Andrews, who'll hope experience helps him.

Wotherspoon v Wallace - Saints creative force will be aiming to get the better of the former Scottish International, with his pace and trickery.

Anderson vs Fernandez - The on loan Spaniard has been great all season, but can he break the clutches of saints Stalwart defender.

So how did the game actually go....

rvhfuf.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where the hell did that come from, we were utterly fantastic. Millar and McLeod dominated Rangers utterly hopeless midfield, I'm almost embarrassed as it looks like I cheated, I didn't I was fascinated whilst watching it, we simply ran ragged. It was strange, the semi where we won was actually close stats wise, here's what this game was...

99nrbn.png

That's a shot less than every 2 minutes. Simply incredible performance and one that will be remembered by saints fans and Scottish football for the rest of time most likely.

2vt87zb.png

maxresdefault.jpg

WHAT A SEASON, the question is, can I replicate that. God knows, but I'll be trying I'd imagine!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bgbitf.png

So that's the squad broken down into their stats. I've put the number of games they played as the marker for working it out. It's a tad ironic that the two top players who played the most games for me didn't score a single goal between them. Then again maybe calling Alan Mannus into my office and demanding he step up his efforts to score from his own half was ill advised. His Irish accent and quite frankly massive stature frightened me. I'm not going to do a run through of everyone, so I'll pick my top three players for the season.

Kane - Stepped up to the plate big time, the wee hitman scored all his goals from inside the box, just as well we like to play that way. not a single penalty in his tally, indeed if he did, he'd probably have finished top scorer in the league, over Ciftci. Just a fantastic little goalscorer, who did go through the occasional dry spell, but he battled through it and finished our top scorer. He's a bit injury prone, he picked up several 3-4 week injuries, but hey who cares, he scores plenty of goals, mostly against Rangers!

Abeid - Partner in crime to Kane the majority of the time, set up and scored a decent amount. The Algerian wizard was usually at the centre of our play and without him, I'm not really sure how we would have played. McFadden was not the answer, the useless injury prone oldie. Tbf when I moved Abeid to the middle and played Galvao, it worked pretty well. If it wasn't for the fact I'm a huge Abeid fan, Galvao would almost certainly have scored tons more and going by his stats finished the best player in the division....ohhh well, I dinnae care!

Millar & Macleod - Cant mention one without the other. Partners in midfield mayhem and my word did they step up to the plate. Over 20 goals between them and they were the driving force in the team, without their energy and drive we'd fail massively. Just look at the cup final for an example of what they are capable of. Who knew at 32, I'd find Chris Millar a goalscoring touch, but he did, it was rather amusing to watch.

So with that the end of the season......

qys7q8.png

Hmmm........toughie, I went to the interview to see what they had to say. They want to replace their aging, overpaid team with youngsters and play possession football. Which is what I always do anyway. Having finished 15th last season Redknapp left. Tempting........

Summer and September

So as I settled into my new swish London lifestyle, I suddenly thought to myself as I took a whirl around the big eye thingmy, that I better launch some of the shite from my QPR squad. I mean bless him, Ol' Harry was a trier, but he still had Rio Ferdinand, at 38 as a first teamer and his captain. Bugger that for a laugh. I mean Green and Taarabt were on 110k a week alone. That meant I had to give Tony Fernandes a wee call...

Widge - "Haw, Tony, fancy a cheeky pintage down in Soho tonight?"

TF - "Sorry, I'm currently sunning it up in Jamaica...sorry give me a second...."

*In the background, you can hear a slapped arse cheek and Tony request another strawberry daiquiri*

TF - "Sorry about that, important business, anyway whats so important that you want me to pay for your night in the whore house?"

Widge - "I need cash and plenty of it, this squad I've got is pure shite, so stump up or I quit!"

TF - "Yeah ok, spend some cash if you want, just so long as they're young and talented and you finish more than 14th. Peace out."

Widge - "Aye see you later big man, but remember next Soho trip is still on you."

So what did I do, well I needed to get rid of the majority of the shite in my squad, I'd been given a budget, but a lot of it went on wages and I needed o take a pretty big overhaul of the squad. So I placed plenty of the big earners as free to release and listed all the players who had no place in the team, those who were either too old, too crap or wouldn't fit my style of play. Shame I didn't manage to get rid of Ferdinand, but I stripped him of his captaincy, as he cried and bleeted on about how Sir Alex was 10x the manager I'd ever be. I just laughed in his face.

2rxzc3o.png

So a lot of players leave on a free, I think I managed to get 250k approx. of the wage bill. I also couldn't have a squad with Bendtner in it, he's waste of space as far as I'm concerned and to manage to rob 6.5 million off someone was a steal in my eyes, I ran to the hills. So I brought in about 11 million as well through those sales, which funded these signings....

6dsgn4.png

Quick rundown of the signings...

Sigurdsson - those of you who know my FM habits, know my favourite player in the game. Yes, this is the man, he's a machine most of the time and is always a must sign for me. So here he is, transfer listed at Swansea, so I was quick to snap him up. A very cheap fee as far as I'm concerned for a proven player with excellent stats.

Hoffman - young, pace winger on loan from Dortmund, there's a buy clause if I think he's good enough, cheap wages and a good option for a squad without any wingers at all.

Powell - needed backup in the middle and he's a player that can develop. Coming in on small wages and on a free, his value went straight to 10 million which must be a good sign.

Bertrand - needed a new left back, so I brought in the Englishman, hey if it can work for Southampton, it can work for me.

Flanagan - same as Bertrand really needed a new full back on the other side and he's a cracking player to grab on a cheap basis, he's developed really well and is a solid player.

Rog - the young Croatian is an exciting one. Another winger, I met his release fee and he comes in as a 20 year old, already rated at 4 stars, his potential is incredible and I'm just amazed I got him before Spurs, Arsenal and Roma picked him up.

STEVIE MAY - couldn't resist, who am I kidding, I just had to. He's Bendtners replacement. For roughly the same fee, I'm hoping he can develop and make an difference to the squad, I'm looking for him to grab 10 goals this season, mostly from the bench it'll have to be, since Charlie Austin is my undisputed number 9 (or 32).

McGregor - cheap backup goalie. I like a Scottish player.

Naismith - same as McGregor, cheap back up.

Rebic - I suddenly realised towards the end of the window I needed a left winger who was naturally left footed, so in comes another Croat, Rebic from Roma, a cracking, pacey winger, plus it was only 3 million up front.

xblndj.png

Some good solid wins in there, but I'm embarrassed by the Swindon game, totally embarrassed. For what it's worth we are honking at the back, I'm hoping that's because they're not used to my tictacs yet, maybe it'll all gel, but the fact we're conceding every game is poor. FWIW, I hate Nadir Ciftci, he grabbed a double on his debut for Middlesborough debut. I'll never be rid of that tangerine b*****d, he even did the dry your eyes celebration the twat...

10s67gk.png

So top half I guess, but there's room for improvement, it's a very tough league clearly. Slight worry that my next 4 games are Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham I think. Ohh dear, I could be struggling for points there!!

Stevie May :( I player I dream of managing.

Aye, I just couldn't resist. That said, it's not much of a risk, 7 million on a second choice striker, who's scored over 20 goals in both his seasons in England.

Aye, I just couldn't resist. That said, it's not much of a risk, 7 million on a second choice striker, who's scored over 20 goals in both his seasons in England.

Yeah done the same in his first two seasons in my career before moving to the Premiership. I won't tell you what happened after that...

Yeah done the same in his first two seasons in my career before moving to the Premiership. I won't tell you what happened after that...

:lol:

Well as I've said 10 goals this season and I'll be happy. He's 10% of the way there already.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us have better things to do all day than play FM. :lol: Anyway there was a reason for me avoiding playing....

October

9jhgrt.png

Ouch, that is all. Who the hell allowed that in a fixture list!!

nmbz15.png

Still not going too bad actually, there's not a lot to be saying right now, we're still sitting mid-table, especially after that run of games. I did however put Callum Davidson on suicide watch, I did consider wandering up the gerkin and jumping. Fun fact, the glass panels in the gerkin kept falling out, cause the idiot engineer didn't specify for expansion and contraction, lucky nobody got hit by a half tonne of glass!!

#FactualAndTalented

• 2 weeks later...

So unlike good Ol' Harry, I do have dodgy knees that probably need attention. I'm not going to quite the club though and Mr Tony is gonna have to stick by me for just a little bit longer. Anyway I managed another 3 games recently and I guess I'm pleased. I've also decided that I fancy screwing QPR over big style, I dunno whether or not to leave them in financial ruin and jump ship very quickly, or not. I guess I'm one of those who just wants to watch the world burn around me, as I sit on my tropical island and await the inevitable trials and investigations that follow. Bring them on I say......

November

So we had to bounce back from the disappointing last month, that said I did phone up the FA about it and quite frankly they didn't enjoy be screaming the word C*NT over and over as loudly as I could. I'm pretty sure I reduced and intern to tears, but then again it was totally worth it. I also had Callum take training for a wee while as I curled up into ball in my office and tried to forget October...

o0ckjn.png

Hmmm....I wish I could say I was pleased, I was targeting at least 6 points, started well enough, Villa didn't offer very much in the way of competition. Stoke did and whoever would have guessed they would be solid. Finally a poor result against Swansea. We competed well enough and ultimately, should have scored, but nope we bugger it as we conceded from a set piece.

We're getting harder to score against, which is pleasing, but we seem to be lacking a bit of a killer instinct, if I go 2 up top, then we will score more, but I don't trust us enough defensively to do that. I might opt for a 5-3-2, with attacking wingbacks, but that will negate the 3 wingers I brought in the summer, who are probably some of our better players, if they can play full back then its a possibility I guess.

2w676z8.png

Still in the top half I guess...

This also popped up on my news feed...

352pvd0.png

Eses <3 and all that pish. But no I'm not a sentimental fool, I'm not one of these suckers who believes we are cousins, sure they maybe phoned and tried to use the old Perth link as a bargaining tool. Nope, I laughed at them, I even learnt the Turkish for, "Go and suck on some delight, Nawww you're alright."

Right so I'd written a big, elaborate post about my issues in London, shame it all got deleted. So here's the key points.

1. This squad is still shite, even with the quick replacements it's not very good.

2. We cannot score for toffee.

3. I'm playing the same formation I did before and it isn't working.

4. All other tactics fail.

5. we don't score anywhere near enough.

6. Tony Fernandes is a c**t.

7. We just don't fucking score, even with Stevie "Mesiah" May.

8. I'm gonna be a mercenary twat and chase trophies. I won't manage that here as far as I'm concerned.

So there, that's that!

February

One giant MEH!!!!

1xxyiu.png

Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh. Awful!

wwdpxe.png

Slowly, slowly, slowly sliding down. But all of a sudden, cometh the hour, cometh the man. Even if we are still losing, at least he's getting somewhere.

maycele_zps158db21a.gif

February (Again!!)

Ok so I'm losing track of everything that's going on. Tony Fernandes is slowly rotting my brain with tits and hookers on his private island. Indeed Callum Davidson is usually running the show, cause I've taken to napping in the comfy bucket seats during match days, occasionally waking up to moan about how My fullbacks are awful and that Charlie Austin is not as good as those English media peeps say he is, an example.....

Widge - "Hawww Chaz, see that big rectangular thing, fucking put the round *motions round with hands* thing in it. I hit Soho prozzies more than you hit the net!"

Austin - *Tear runs down face as he runs to the other side of the pitch*

Widge - *Goes back to snoozing as QPR concede....Again!*

k37qs1.png

I despair at this lot, I really do, there's nothing this squad can do to surprise me any more in terms of how pish they are. Anyway I'm not one to chat about individual games, I deal with the dots as a whole and this was not good enough. End of, I'm already having to make plans for next season, Caulker is wanted by Man Utd, so he'll be off I'd imagine, a pain in the arse as he's my best player an captain. Although he was professional in our chat, he agreed until a bid is made, he'll keep playing well and wont force a move. So as far as I'm concerned #Caulkerisagodcunt

x6ezrd.png

Double meh!

Archived