Widge is at it again! (FM15)

Widge

April

mt4cw.png

Well it started well enough, Everton were dispatched right at the death to push our strong position even better. Then it went wrong, two 1-1 draws wasn't what was required, even accounting for the obvious lose that was going to happen against Chelsea. I'm pleased in a sense that we are grabbing goals from all over the pitch, the reserves coming in are doing a good job too.

s58co5.png

Nope......I've no idea how either, seems everyone is as scared as each other to push on.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May

So final month, 2 games to play and a lot to play for. Can't slip up, somehow Champion's League is still on the cards, I've not got a clue how the hell we're still in a position to mix it up with the elite. So how did it go....

fvif0z.png

Big game for the month was against Spurs. Unfortunately, we couldn't win it and slipped up and allowed others to overtake us. Rounded off the season with a great performance and gave the fans a real show, but was it enough.......

6ny3ba.png

Ahhhh.......so close. Ohh well, we've still made real progress from the season before and tbh all my better players are youngsters with room to grow. My only slight worry is my squad size, we're not built for plenty of games, so we'll see how European football goes, still it's gonna be fun. I'll also just round up the season, so below is the majority of the squad, couldn't be bothered cropping them all in, but those who didn't were not of interest....

312hklx.png

142zaeb.png

So it would seem that it was my two loanee starts that we're best, I'm not sure how I feel about that, Rojo was certainly excellent in the heart of defence, but I'd argue captain Caulker was better and certainly bailed him out more than enough. As for an attacking sense, Depay was good once he got going, the final few months of the season showed me exactly what he can do and it's devastating when on form, but I'll plump for young Luka Jovic as my wee star, he may not have scored as many as he maybe should have, but he got a lot of important goals and he'll only be getting better.

Ohh and other news, which I'd touched on...

2rzuals.png

Disappointing size, but understandable, shite name though.

2018 Transfers

2w36y3k.png

So out goes a good number of players of all abilities. Of those who moved for cash, Bertrand, Rebic and Fer all left the club and brought in decent amounts of cash. Of the three I guess I'm most upset to see Bertrand go, he was only ever brought in as potential backup, but he established himself. Unfortunately, Arsenal came calling and met his release clause, ohh well he's replaceable and 10 million is a good sum of money. Fer had been making noises about moving and so he did, same with Rebic, moving on for over 6 million each the pair of them, means I could invest it elsewhere and on better, younger, hungrier players. The rest were either not good enough, or getting old.

efnpqc.png

Marcus Rojo has rejoined, this time on a permanent basis, after his excellent season last year. He was always on the transfer list, which really did surprise me, so I spent a fairly low fee in my eyes and brought him in on a long term deal.

Of course I did the same of Memphis Depay. He's hit 24 years old and toward the end, he ws showing how good he really is. This is his season, this is the one player I'm gonna pin my hopes on, a year in my system and his stats are still improving all the time. It says 19 million there, but truth be told, it was 10 million upfront, with 9 million over 48 months. Considering I thought Rojo was cheap, Depay's value has stayed at over 30 million, which is ridiculous.

Jacobo is a young Spanish midfielder, who I beat a whole host of bigger teams for. He'll be away on loan this season, so we'll see how he does.

Adama Traore, is another I'm really excited about, he's come in very cheap and on fairly low wages, yet apparently is as good as Depay. That surprised me, he's not played a lot of football for Barca and at 23 I'm looking for him to kick on. What I will say is, he's absolutely rapid, he joins with 19 pace. Only issue is in pre-season he tore his hamstring and is out for 4 months....bugger.

Nelson Oliviera has joined on loan to provide backup for my strikers. Cheap and has scored at least 15 goals a season for the last 4 seasons for Benfica, relatively surprised he was up for loan. I'm not expecting an awful lot tbh.

Matt Reading is a young centrehalf, who has played a lot of games at relegated Palace for an 19 year old. A high fee, but mostly clauses I guess based on how he does. I'm pretty sure he can be a long term solution at the back, he's got height and really good aerial ability.

Aaron Cresswell is my replacement for Bertrand. I think I've got the better deal, he's younger, quicker and better all round stats. Coming in for less than half of what Arsenal gave me, he will be first choice left back, he's not the best, but for what was out there, I didn't have an awful lot of choice, but I'm happy enough.

Now finally Patrick Roberts. This one was a bit expensive, but again it's in instalments and only 8 million was paid up front. Now he's another youngster and has a lot of potential. Brought in to provide competition for places and to provide a different option. Now interesting stat, out of the 9 months, my very own Luka Jovic won 7 of them, the only other person to stop him, was indeed Roberts, so the kid has class, lets hope he can show it.

Again if anyone wants a screenshot, don't be too scared to ask, I don't bite!

August

25ahuvr.png

Well that'll do for a season starter. Not much else to say on that, 2/2 and we look like we're clicking and playing well. Here's hoping.

20z9v0g.png

Not much to see here, ohh and here's my European group.....

b3wxzp.png

Happy with that.

Roberts, Traore and Jovic. :wub:

Well Roberts especially has a long way to go to eclipse Depay. He's easily the best player I've got by a mile. He could be here another 8 years and still be the best player. :lol:

Whats Jovic looking like, attributes wise?

mr9107.png

September

dp8w3o.png

Well I've had worse months. Bloody Liverpool buggering up my perfect month. What is noticeable is the number of games we're having to play has gone up massively. But never fear, Memphis Depay thought he'd single handed drag me through the majority of games. He quite correctly won player of the months.

15mmwb8.png

Lost it already IMO.

2wqdhch.png

Probably won this already IMO.

Right folks it's that time where I call for your opinions. What countries should I load up in terms of playable.

As it stands I've got Scotland, England, Italy and Turkey. Thoughts?

Crack Italy bud, show RandomGuy how to win serie A :P

Give Germany a bash (if you've sorted the club names etc)

Yeah I might. I didn't even realise there was a problem with the German names, I've noticed Schalke are different, but only after I'd started the game. :(

There's always Serie A teams coming up, usually AC Milan tbh, they're floundering much like in real life.

October

2mrin2g.png

Jeez.....tough month.

Starts well enough, beat a fairly strong Napoli team, showing a bit of muscle in the Europa League. Then the draws, very poor against West Ham, Gylfi salvaged a point, with an absolute screamer and I mean sweeping across from the right into the far corner screamer. Still a poor result. The Southampton result was tough, we were the better team as well. Same as Panathanikos, Riena decided to roll back the years at a tender 36 and put in a MOTM performance, should have destroyed them, but alas it wasn't to be. Jovic stole the show versus Newcastle. Then THAT, I shall not talk about that, I wish I could say it was a weak team, but it wasn't.

Widge - "HAWWWW, you lot of absolute shitehawks, that was pish and I've seen Rangers play against my teams, that was Cowedenbeath levels of embarrassment!!"

*bemused looks as the foreigners silently mouth "Cow-dann-beef" in confusion*

Widge - "Fucking pathetic, they're shite and you lot earn more a week than they do in a year, I'm not pleased at ALL!!!"

Cerci - "Ahhh.....butta....boss, they surpri......"

Widge - "Shut it poncey, NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH!"

And that was that I made them all run 10k before getting on the bus, wee Gauld nearly sank into a mud pit, I just laughed. That'll teach them for playing shite. Have I used the word shite enough by the way?

2valime.png

Still going reasonably well I guess. If and this is a big IF, Depay can keep playing at the standard he is and Jovic keeps grabbing goals along side him, then we can do it!

x4en1g.png

Going well, should see it out from there.

November

kdsenp.png

Unbeaten and actually on paper, at least league wise, a toughie that's for sure. Norwich were swatted aside fairly easily in the end, decided to give both Jovic and Depay a wee rest and Gauld has seemed to find his goalscoring touch and has settled nicely into the squad finally. He wont ever be a starter, but he's a great option of the bench, since he's not like my other attackers, he's got guile and less pace. Reina couldn't save Panathanikos this time, Jovic returned and sealed our qualification in style. Then the next two games, both arguably the toughest in the league. It took a late screamer from Phil Jones of all people to halt us against United and Cerci pulled us out of a hole against Chelsea as we looked down and out at that point. Finished the month with Slovan Liberac, played pretty much my second string as far as I could, Adama Traore making his debut and he really impressed me, goal and an assist on his first ever QPR game has given me a headache, he was brought in to replace Cerci who constantly wants to leave, but he might not even replace him, he'll probably just take his place outright. Still that's a later worry, he's not fully fit yet as it stands, so after 4 months out I'll ease him in gradually.

2hz5xxs.png

I'm amazing even myself tbh. Our starting XI is very strong, but if injuries pile up, my small squad is gonna be stretched.

214qe1i.png

Easy and qualified with ease surprisingly.

• 2 weeks later...

So the games not loading. Right now I don't know of i can be bothered trying to play the other games up to December where I got to. It'd mean playing from September again. I'm gonna have a rethink and see of I can find the motivation to do it, or maybe something else.

Archived