Widge is at it again! (FM15)

Widge

March

So I entered rehab in March, it was only a matter of times to be frank, but now fully intent on guiding QPR to a top half finish, even if that does mean 10th.

29q1ogn.png

Well you can't say we're nothing, if not inconsistent!!

Cruised it against bottom team Cardiff. Lost to a very strong Chelsea team and then a disappointing draw at home to Villa, we really should have won. So that leaves us like this.....

295e4wx.png

Tighter than .........well, I'll leave that for you to finish. Top 8 are a class above me right now, not getting near them, my big battles are with Everton, Norwich, Nottingham Forrest, et al. Bring it, cause Gylfi is now firing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April

Getting to the arse end of the season, all still up in the air...

15ebf9y.png

Better, much better, stuttering start to the month, but hey, it picked up. Shortly ended by champions elect United though. Ruthless doesn't quite sum it up...

10qlbx3.png

Offft.........slipped down, but damn that's very, very tight1

May

So end of season has come, 3 games and 5 teams separated by no points at all, merely goal difference. Who says the EPL isn't "breath taking" ©Mastermind. Tony of course promised me the night of my life if I managed to get us into the top 10, I think it was involving a trip to his private island, a large hot-tub and a whole bunch of glamour models. I said ok, but if I get 9th, I want unrestricted access to Lucy Collett!

So did I get my magical night....

e80pcm.png

Unbeaten which was good, but we won the big one, the Everton game was the one that needed to be won and we did it. Thanks to Chaz, he did the business for me and tbh just as well cause he hasn't scored enough goals by far this season, which has annoyed me. Considering he's easily our best striker.....

izal8h.png

Yipppeee, sort of.

Yes we finished best of the rest so to speak, but I want to be moving up the league, look at the gap between the top 8. That's potentially 50 million pounds worth of investment gap. But I'm gonna go for the best young talent that's out there in the summer.

I should also say I forgot to take a screenshot of the players stats, my best player was Marko Rog. the youngster was excellent for me, he played a lot of games and set up a fair amount of goals, his value has increased 10-fold as well. I'll say this having played on past the window, I've made 1 HUGE signing and no it isn't Jan Vennegor of Hesselink!

Summer Transfers 2017

So I had a pretty big rebuild on my hands if I do say so myself. I was looking to replace the mediocre dross in my squad, with younger, more hungry players. Whilst also attempting to improve the quality of them. It started off with me selling off Naismith, Mutch, Berg and releasing a whole host of useless reserve players, including Rio Ferdinand, who got a swift boot to the bollocks on his way out my office and a rant about how he was a money grabbing c**t. All of this raised approximately 14.5 million for my coffers. Which wasn't an untidy sum, especially with the loan players heading back, I'd have quite a bit to play with in the window, both in terms of budget and wages. So who did I bring in....

ibl8k6.png

Firstly that's some big name teams I've been linking with. I'd also like to say that one of my favoured managers, who is apparently friends with me, is Zizou himself, so what a guy I must be!

First name and it's the big one. Memphis Depay has joined little QPR on loan for the season and indeed has a future fee arranged if he does the business, or less likely I can even afford him and his 100k a week wages. For a little over 4 million pounds and 30% of his wage, the Atletico player, the future of Dutch football and the 30 million rated wonderkid has come and joined the Widge revolution. It's a bigie I have to say, I'm chuffed to bits and I just hope he's worth the hype.

Alessio Cerci, just as flamboyant as Depay and probably even more of a primadonna. Talented player who hasn't played much at all in the previous seasons, but his talent speaks for itself and when fit he'll be a starter for sure. Great addition on a free in my opinion.

Ryan Bertrand, returns for another year, this time also on a free. A good, solid, cheap option to have and more importantly he's English, which boosts the ranks for the potential Euro run I want next year.

Another quality, experienced addition joins us in the form of Alex Song. No need to introduce, he's well known and I'm really pleased to have added a bit of steel to our midfield. He'll hopefully add the bite we've sorely lacked at times and probably be a starter since Fer wants to move on.

Chelsea once again raided for a fullback, this time Mathieu Debuchy. Having stagnated there, he's now in his 30s, but came in as pretty much my best player according to bugger lugs Davidson, who should know a fullback. He'll be my first choice right back for sure. I should also say Liverpool kindly let me kept John Flanagan for another year, so that saved me finding 2 new rightbacks.

Possibly the only name you wont know is Luka Jovic. My most expensive transfer, the 19 year old striker has come in to challenge Austin for the starting spot. I'm going with a 1 striker system this year and I feel his creativity could make him first choice. Being so young, I'm not expecting a massive tally of goals first season round, if he manages 10 in the league I'll be pleased, so long as others can contribute. It's a risk, but he's described as a wonderkid and has already played a few games internationally, so here's hoping.

FInally joining us on the final day was Marcus Rojo. Having fallen from favour at United, I swooped to sign him on a cheap loan deal, as I was trying desperately to sign Freiburgs Kempl, but they wanted in excess of 40+ million. I realised it wasn't happening and spotted Rojo sitting on the loan list, He'll be Caulkers partner in crime at the back, giving a good balance to the defence. He certainly cant be worse that Curtis Davis and James Tompkins. If all goes well I'll look to add him to the international wonderness that is my new look QPR squad.

In other news, I've only just noticed we're building a new stadium, that's very exciting. Due to be complete in 2019 I think, or maybe that's just the planning. Either way!!

Think the planning of a stadium only ends a few weeks before its finally built, I think.

What size is "Widges Wonderdome" going to be?

Ummm not got a clue, albeit I never even knew it was being built!!

Tony's probably got some black market merchants to do it.

August

So the season begins. I'm full of hope and anticipation for the start of this, I feel that with the squad I have, I could actually go somewhere this season, lot's of young talent and of course Stevie May!

2zpmx76.png

A solid win against Stoke, new boy Jovic didn't score, but put in an outstanding performance on his full debut for not only his new team, but in a new league. 2 assists and we were cruising. Shame we haven't learnt from last season and made it difficult for ourselves.

Next a tough away game. We didn't defend well at all and out nemesis from last season Sebastion Giovinco, who I looked at signing as a matter of fact after his perfomances against use last year put us to the sword. On the positive note, Jovic continues to impress with every passing game.

Final game of the month, cup duty and D&G were suitably dispatched, super Stevie grabbing his first of the season and Austin reminds me he's still here to play.

1runie.png

Just so you know who's about, ohh yeah and seems I wasn't the only one impressed....

14e3x53.png

September

w7lkip.png

A poor start to the month, United just too strong, at least we're scoring goals. The good thing is we're learning and Rojo has added that bit of pace at the back we've lacked, meaning we cover better. Still going in the cup too thanks, to a cracking late free-kick from want away Fer. I'm still undecided on him, he bitches and moans, but he's a good player to have.

2arkba.png

Decent likes!

Now I feel tat I should also mention that, I think this thread is gonna head in a different direction from now on. I'm getting into playing FM a lot more and whilst I enjoyed doing jokey updates and having a bit of character, I don't feel it's sustainable, nothing to do with the fact I'm running out of jokes. So chances are I'll just be following the same type of update, certainly on RG's thread his has kept going very well following it, so here's hoping I can get as deep into it, ableit doubt it'll get anywhere as good. I just do this to help me keep track of what I've been doing, I'm just in it for the fun really!

October

2ns5l3b.png

3 tough away games this month for sure. We bagged the win at Palace thanks to Cerci stepping up to the plate after getting himself fit. Next up a really tough trip across London. We actually took the lead twice, but ultimately fell to Llorente and his physicality, it seems the real Alessio Cerci has entered the building, the 30 year old winger has all of a sudden revitalised our season and is keeping last seasons star man Marko Rog out the team. The trip to the North East saw us escape with a point, lucky yes, hard fought definitely. Rounding off the month with an easy win against WHU, Jovic showing once more we're not a one man show from Cerci, nicely stepping in to grab a brace.

2cor4pg.png

Slipped on place, but we had a tough run of games, the next few months should see us go on a good run if we can keep the team fit and motivated.

November

2e37sjc.png

Woah, woah, woah.......whadda you mean we're winning games that we should be!

Winning run this month, mainly due to one player and one player alone. You might be thinking that the main man was Jovic, but you'd be wrong. Sure the wonderkid is smashing it this season and if he nabs 20 goals I'll be well chuffed, but no. The player I'm talking about is Rojo. The on loan defender has been a revelation this season, to think he was actually a last resort desperation move, but he's been immense. I'm gonna have to look at signing him up permanently, his form has been that good. I thought breaking into the top 8 was the goal this season and whilst it still is, there's something about this team that is brilliant. I said originally it would take 50 million pounds worth of investment to make the step up, I was wrong, all it's taken was 2 wonderkids and several solid pros. Indeed had been disappointed with Depay, but now I've changed him to an insdie forward who only attacks he's been brilliant as well. Shame he got injured.

2z4gs8x.png

Yeah that wont last at all. In other news I signed a new contract with the club to keep me here. On a downer though, I've had several players moaning, Powell wants more game time, but he wont get it and now he wants to join Newcastle to play CL football, so as far as I care he can go, sicne he's not a starter. The most upsetting news though is Marko Rog is moving on, Arsenal met his 18 million pound release clause, now considering 18 months ago I brought him in for 1/10 of that price, it's tremendous business I guess, but annoyed at his lack of loyalty.

There's still a number of players I'm wanting to move on actually, but I'm gonna need to bring in replacements, I've got a few ideas thus far, but we'll see. Interestingly the board allowed me more transfer funds with a higher wage bill, without me even asking, so obviously they've just put in my coke and hooker budget into it, since, I'm now a serious manager. Even started wearing a suit jacket, although it's with brown shoes, jeans and an open collared shirt. #swag #londonstyle

December

abgpd2.png

So a hectic month, as ever December always is. Now I'll come back to that first game later. Next two games and we picked up our form once more, one thing we certainly are this season is resolute as f**k. Not only did we beat title challangers Chelsea, we beat them at their own game. Closed down fast and indeed Courtois had more saves to make than McCarthy, great result, no doubt they'll be after revenge for that one. Steady afterwards, unfortunate that we went out after extra time to a pretty poor Fulham team, but I took the opportunity to rest almost my entire team and actually the reserves almost put us through. That's left us here....

a3jj15.png

Mixing it with the big boys this season and certainly have made the transition into the top half of the league, as once again a gap is opening.

Now I said I'd come back to that West Brom game....

35ajjv9.png

Come on, I mean 40 shots in a game is difficult enough against minnows, but we smashed them, pummelled them and damn well beat them to a pulp. Shame we conceded 3 goals in the first 15 minutes, their only 3 on target as well. Hit the bar 3 times and Ben Foster decided he was going to save absolutely everything. It's not the first time this has happened this season, but it's something we need to adapt to if we're going to hit the top of the table, teams are going to come and sit in and defend for their lives. Just thought this one needed pointing out as absolutely stupid. I haven't had a team this dominant since my 8-0 cup win over Rangers at saints, except this time the result, was very, very different.

January

fwu53c.png

Tough, tough month. We won all of the games we should have as far as I'm concerned, I felt it was a tad unlucky to get Newcastle in the FA cup, yet alone get Chelsea in the next round. So out of that we go. I guess it's the league or bust this season. Still it's refreshing to see us pushing the better teams and it's definitely giving me a lot of encouragement.

24xhr49.png

Quite amazingly Europe is still on the cards. I'm not sure I'd want that just yet, we're still in the process of building ourselves up. I'm still searching for the couple of top quality players to take us to the next level. Anyway as for transfers in January, I told you I sold Rog for 18 million, so I needed to replace him and coming in for a mere 8 million upfront, a slightly different player, but one who'll be happy enough to sit on the bench and come off and produce moments of quality. He also meets the young signing policy and should potentially go for a profit if I choose to sell.

28tunut.png

If anyone wants more info, or screenshots, just give me a shout.

How are Saints coping without you?

Rather well annoyingly from what I remember.

They appointed Paul Lambert after I left and he's spent the best part of 6 million pounds in 2 seasons and basically decimated what squad I left him. First season he guided them to 2nd and a league cup final victory. This season he's got them 5th and in the Scottish Cup semis IIRC. That said since I left clearly the players get what they want. I mean Wotherspoon and Easton, key players for me are both on over 5k a week. They'd be long gone if they demanded that from me.

I'm forever getting asked by the media if Paul Lambert is destroying the tradition and soul that I built by spending big. My answer, don't care!

Jovic is the boy. All I have to add here.

I'd never actually heard of him. I had a sneaky look on the likes of FM base to see just how good he dos become and there's folk claiming he got 50+ goals a season and won Best player in the world. Also seems I've got him really cheaply, he apparently goes for 1.8 million as a 17 year old, but he's now worth about 18 million for me, after little over 6 months! Seems he's a bit of a beast and will only get better.

February

35izqtf.png

Disappointing month actually. Should have beaten Arsenal, we were the better team, which shows me just how far this squad has come. Easy wins in the next two games, nice to see the real Mephis Depay step up to the plate, especially after I arranged to make his move permanent, for just an initial 11 million pounds. Especially since I've discovered how to play him, he's becoming almost unplayable. An infuriating lose against Swansea ended the month, just really poor, especially since we'd been on a good run.

2zjb30x.png

Still right on the money. Gonna hit squeaky bum team awfully soon!

March

vxnuv4.png

Two irritating home draws spaced very close together put a dampner on the beginning of the month, having to come from behind in both games pissed me off. As did the stupid amount of injuries we all of a sudden had to contend with, luckily Depay stepped up once more. Ending the month with 2 great wins, especially to beat City, we were 3-0 up and by god we nearly ballsed it up, they missed a penalty at 2-0 as well. Just as well Aguero was having an off day.

waq0wk.png

Archived