Willie collum

He should be given a few weeks off before he is back on the pitch, I'd be amazed if that happened though, he has next to no credibility left with fans and i assume players.

This is the whole point too. John Fleming nor Don McVicar nor whoever else is running this shambles appears capable of a decision which requires backbone. The twat should be sacked, never mind demoted. Or wait! What about the dreaded compliance officer? He meddles in every other fkn aspect of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - IS REFEREEING INCOMPETENCE NOT IN HIS REMIT? :P

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His referee mate will defending him in tomorrow's Sun. 'Most football fans don't understand the rules' or some bollocks.

Kenny Clark only comments on controversial refereeing decisions when it turns out they were the right call. Talks about some generic pish or slates referees down south if an official up here has had a shocker.

Hmmph! Clark - that pale-faced w****r - supercilious c**t who thinks it's a capital offence to criticise a ref. Oh aye and none of us know jack shit about football either. Corrupt weasels the lot of them -ask Kenny Shiels about Andrew Dallas the serial liar.

This is getting a complete shambles with this idiot. His first ever game in the SPL was us against Dunfermline and he made a number of shocking calls that day. Glaringly obvious that he hasn't learned.

Surely the SFA must start to act with incompetent refs like they do in England. I agree with the previous poster on Andrew Dallas. However that's hardly surprising given who he is

How the f**k Willie Collum even got awarded a match after the St.Mirren v Kilmarnock debacle is an absolute outrage.

The guy has awarded 4 penalties and sent 2 players off in the last 4 days and he's not got one of the decisions right.

He's gone like Yul Brynner in Westworld. Malfunction! Malfunction!

our first penalty was a correct decision

We all get Collum'd from time to time and it was Motherwell's turn today. It's all about how we handle it afterwards and I for one will handle this with far more dignity than Bobby's meltdown the other day.

hulk+smashing+loki.gif

This is getting a complete shambles with this idiot. His first ever game in the SPL was us against Dunfermline and he made a number of shocking calls that day. Glaringly obvious that he hasn't learned.

Surely the SFA must start to act with incompetent refs like they do in England. I agree with the previous poster on Andrew Dallas. However that's hardly surprising given who he is

100% agree, they must get rid of this clown. One of his bizarre decisions again today.

Some of the comments on this board are hilarious. The Falkirk fan claiming Collum has an agenda against them because he never got a limo to a game....probably the pick of the bunch.

I take in a lot of games as a neutral because of work (I can't always be at my home club at 3 on a Saturday) and therefore can look at these decisions at the time live and not with the benefit of replays and from a fairly neutral standpoint. I also see a lot lf different refs, from the ones who get the premiership games regularly to the guys no one really knows. Believe me, Willie Collum is a good referee and this is shown by his status at UEFA. He doesn't bottle big decisions like a lot of refs and therefore will always be at the centre of controversy. I personally think he gets a good % of these decisions right.

This season he is having a bit of a stinker admittedly. The Hearts Celtic penalty decision was clearly wrong but I would share or apportion most of the blame for that to the assistant. That was in his eyeline and his call to make or correct the refs incorrect call. the st mirren game I think he gets the first and last penalties wrong. The 2nd penalty is of the fairly stonewall variety I think as the defender volleys the killie player on the shins. Both red cards were correct, double yellow fine, kenny McLean makes a head movement towards the killie player. No contact but he does it and was stupid to do so.

The penalty red card decision with McManus I think is possibly a mistake (I still can't decide) also but i don't think it's as clear cut as everyone thinks....if you watch it back, McManus moves towards the ball to block it, if he stands perfectly still when it's struck, it goes straight into the net. He makes a shoulder movement towards the ball which puts his arm into the path of the shot. So looking at what constitutes a handball, his arm is not in an unnatural position, but is there a deliberate movement towards the ball with the arm, I would potentially say yes, although I don't think if I was in Collums position today I would be making that call.

Refs are human and they will make mistakes so if you want to sack them everytime a decision is wrong you'll have none left. I do think a stint away from the top league would do him well. 2/3 weeks in leagues 1 or 2 to get a bit of confidence back would do him good I think.

Andy walker also needs to get a grip. His bias for Celtic really does him no favours in being a credible pundit and really shone through with his Collum tirade. Probably been dying to do it since he gave that penalty to rangers in the old firm game. The guy is the Scottish mark lawrenson.

Some of the comments on this board are hilarious. The Falkirk fan claiming Collum has an agenda against them because he never got a limo to a game....probably the pick of the bunch.

I take in a lot of games as a neutral because of work (I can't always be at my home club at 3 on a Saturday) and therefore can look at these decisions at the time live and not with the benefit of replays and from a fairly neutral standpoint. I also see a lot lf different refs, from the ones who get the premiership games regularly to the guys no one really knows. Believe me, Willie Collum is a good referee and this is shown by his status at UEFA. He doesn't bottle big decisions like a lot of refs and therefore will always be at the centre of controversy. I personally think he gets a good % of these decisions right.

This season he is having a bit of a stinker admittedly. The Hearts Celtic penalty decision was clearly wrong but I would share or apportion most of the blame for that to the assistant. That was in his eyeline and his call to make or correct the refs incorrect call. the st mirren game I think he gets the first and last penalties wrong. The 2nd penalty is of the fairly stonewall variety I think as the defender volleys the killie player on the shins. Both red cards were correct, double yellow fine, kenny McLean makes a head movement towards the killie player. No contact but he does it and was stupid to do so.

The penalty red card decision with McManus I think is possibly a mistake (I still can't decide) also but i don't think it's as clear cut as everyone thinks....if you watch it back, McManus moves towards the ball to block it, if he stands perfectly still when it's struck, it goes straight into the net. He makes a shoulder movement towards the ball which puts his arm into the path of the shot. So looking at what constitutes a handball, his arm is not in an unnatural position, but is there a deliberate movement towards the ball with the arm, I would potentially say yes, although I don't think if I was in Collums position today I would be making that call.

Refs are human and they will make mistakes so if you want to sack them everytime a decision is wrong you'll have none left. I do think a stint away from the top league would do him well. 2/3 weeks in leagues 1 or 2 to get a bit of confidence back would do him good I think.

Andy walker also needs to get a grip. His bias for Celtic really does him no favours in being a credible pundit and really shone through with his Collum tirade. Probably been dying to do it since he gave that penalty to rangers in the old firm game. The guy is the Scottish mark lawrenson.

Well thank f**k you turned up to let us all know how much you know better than the rest of us.

the st mirren game I think he gets the first and last penalties wrong. The 2nd penalty is of the fairly stonewall variety I think as the defender volleys the killie player on the shins. Both red cards were correct, double yellow fine, kenny McLean makes a head movement towards the killie player. No contact but he does it and was stupid to do so.

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of being in the right place to view a decision. you say you think the first penalty is wrong, yet, as I said above, it was the correct decision. viewing from 30 yards away behind the goal, it was the most blatant pull and stonewall penalty you'll see. collum got it 100% correct. I've seen the tv pictures from the other side and you can see f**k all, but it doesn't stop it being the right call

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of being in the right place to view a decision. you say you think the first penalty is wrong, yet, as I said above, it was the correct decision. viewing from 30 yards away behind the goal, it was the most blatant pull and stonewall penalty you'll see. collum got it 100% correct. I've seen the tv pictures from the other side and you can see f**k all, but it doesn't stop it being the right call

Was it more blatant than the pull on mcauslands shirt?

I agree 100% and having only seen it on TV I couldn't see anything. If it's been a blatant pull and he's got it correct then even better.

The lack of significant protest from St Mirren players would back that up

Willie-Collum.jpg

Archived