Willie collum

He's horrendous,worst of a very bad lot,the first game I ever saw him in ended with both Billy Reid and Ian McCall (then Q.O.S boss) waiting for him on the touchline at full time,I seem to remember us being given a penalty for hee haw to make up for whatever atrocity he had committed against us earlier.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shitting Christ. :rolleyes:

So are you saying that you've never seen a ref give a decision that's contrary to what he'd normally give because of events that have happened earlier in a match, or based on what the current score/time is?

I'm sure I've seen, for example, fans of many clubs saying that late/soft penalties given for their teams against the OF when the game is already gone would never have been given if the game had still been in the balance.

Remember him giving a penalty against Kieran Duffie for running "at speed" before making a tackle. Unbelievable.

The received wisdom amongst falkirk fans is that he is anti us. So many bad decisions over the years. It all apparently goes back to a time in the spl when he waited on getting picked up for a game by a limo or whatever. When the club sent a normal dial a cab he (the story goes) went ballistic and reported us the the SFA, before embarking on a personal crusade against us.

So are you saying that you've never seen a ref give a decision that's contrary to what he'd normally give because of events that have happened earlier in a match, or based on what the current score/time is?

I'm sure I've seen, for example, fans of many clubs saying that late/soft penalties given for their teams against the OF when the game is already gone would never have been given if the game had still been in the balance.

No I said, 'Shitting Christ'. I then proceeded to roll my eyes as your head went.

Willie Collum is a shite ref and your team are currently on a shite run of form. Willie Collum's only saving grace is that he is consistently shite with everyone and you need to suck it up like everyone else.

Remember him giving a penalty against Kieran Duffie for running "at speed" before making a tackle. Unbelievable.

The received wisdom amongst falkirk fans is that he is anti us. So many bad decisions over the years. It all apparently goes back to a time in the spl when he waited on getting picked up for a game by a limo or whatever. When the club sent a normal dial a cab he (the story goes) went ballistic and reported us the the SFA, before embarking on a personal crusade against us.

Remember it well.

To be fair though in my time following Falkirk (26 years) I remember several refs who apparently had it in for us.

Maybe it's just the FA.

Remember it well.

To be fair though in my time following Falkirk (26 years) I remember several refs who apparently had it in for us.

Maybe it's just the FA.

Nah a few Saints fans seem to think that too.

I don't think they care enough about any teams to screw them over. The standard of refereeing in this country is just really piss poor.

They get paid a decent amount and it's not even a full time job. Do they get their arses kicked if they put in a bad performance? Or do they get a pat on the back from the assessor?

I don't think they care enough about any teams to screw them over. The standard of refereeing in this country is just really piss poor.

They get paid a decent amount and it's not even a full time job. Do they get their arses kicked if they put in a bad performance? Or do they get a pat on the back from the assessor?

They get rated on their asses?

How would you know it would be "contrary to what he would normally give"?

Watch the highlights of our game for a clear example.

Not a hope in hell he'd have given us that penalty if he hadn't already given Killie two, and it wasn't the 95th minute.

Other than the regular bias towards the OF over the years, I agree there's no particular conspiracy for/against any teams.

However, refs are human. I think most people agree that being human means they can make mistakes, but I'm surprised that they can't accept that as humans they can also have individual prejudices and be petty.

These guys ref the same players and managers week in week out; and I'm sure a lot of unpleasant words pass between them from time to time. Is it really too much of a stretch of the imagination to imagine that some refs might not like some players or managers, and that on some marginal calls that might come in to play?

Remember him giving a penalty against Kieran Duffie for running "at speed" before making a tackle. Unbelievable..

The way I remember it, Duffie made a lung bursting cross field run to put in a beautiful slide tackle from the side on the opposition right winger. Took the ball cleanly near the touchline before the winger fell over him. Collum gave him a straight red for running quickly.

Defender quite clearly had a dirty big handful of Magennis' top. Blatant penalty.

McLean head butted a player, obviously a red card.

Our second penalty, Magennis was floored in the box, seemed another obvious penalty.

Slater's sending off was as obvious a booking as you'll see, I can only assume he forgot about the first as he jumped into the crowd.

No idea about the St Mirren penalty as it was opposite end.

Dry your eyes, pal.

should wait till you see the highlights mate there was no headbutt McLean just went face to face with the killie player.

1st was a very very soft as your manager said.

2nd was a clear dive on the replay and our penalty was yet another joke.

Killie were the better team but no team was scoring in that game from open play today.

Collum was absolutely horrendous today. He wasnt biased, he was just bad.

If the first one was a pen, then there shout be about 20 penalties a game, absolutely nothing jn it.

The 2nd one mallan did trip the boy, but the initial pass for the cross he was yards offside - it was right in front of me and the linesman was yards behind play.

Our pen was laughable - at other end of ground but was never a pen in a million years from what I could see.

Didnt see Mcleans sending off clearly enough but he did looked to get sucked in by the killie players - if he has reacted then he is a fuckig idiot - a huge loss jn next few games.

There was rediculous decision all over the park, emerenkos rediculous Attenpt at an overhead kick went unpunished when it was clearly dangerous play, Collum then proceded to book him minutes later for a nothing challenge that wasnt even a foul. Not long after that tess snapped the killie right winger - was a booking all day long and he got nothing.

Sheer jnconsistency all afternoon, for both sides.

These guys get bloody good money for what they do and should be held accountable for their performances which doesn't seem to happen.

Collum was absolutely horrendous today. He wasnt biased, he was just bad.

If the first one was a pen, then there shout be about 20 penalties a game, absolutely nothing jn it.

The 2nd one mallan did trip the boy, but the initial pass for the cross he was yards offside - it was right in front of me and the linesman was yards behind play.

Our pen was laughable - at other end of ground but was never a pen in a million years from what I could see.

Didnt see Mcleans sending off clearly enough but he did looked to get sucked in by the killie players - if he has reacted then he is a fuckig idiot - a huge loss jn next few games.

There was rediculous decision all over the park, emerenkos rediculous Attenpt at an overhead kick went unpunished when it was clearly dangerous play, Collum then proceded to book him minutes later for a nothing challenge that wasnt even a foul. Not long after that tess snapped the killie right winger - was a booking all day long and he got nothing.

Sheer jnconsistency all afternoon, for both sides.

These guys get bloody good money for what they do and should be held accountable for their performances which doesn't seem to happen.

Archived