Willie collum

Charlie Mann said that one player definitely kicked the ball to the other then Willie Collum stopped them.

He said he couldn't be sure if Collum had blown his whistle first.

Tom English did counter that on off the ball by saying that lots of people tweeted to say they hadn't restarted, plus Peter Houston hadn't made anything of it.

A Falkirk fan phoned in to say they did kick off but he sounded as if he was foaming at the mouth so I'd put him down as unreliable. He also said the goal wasn't offside as the ball didn't touch whoever it was supposed to have, but that kind of thing is a regular occurrence, I suppose.

They said on the radio that the sportscene cameras show that the Falkirk players are still in the Hibs half when it is disalowed, so even if Hibs did kick off then they actually didnt

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Law 4: The Referee.

"The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match."

Well, that seemed to the consensus on the radio and they appeared to have consulted the laws of the game.

Do you know different?

Do I know that there's not a law which says that once the ball's back in play the refereee can't change his mind? No, but I can take a pretty good guess. You chaps suggesting that there is such a law should be able to identify it pretty quick.

If Collum did allow the game to restart and then change his mind then he's going to look like a proper twat but this 'illegality' stuff is pure hyperbole.

Edit: Clearly, I'm talking shit.

Law 4: The Referee.

"The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match."

I'll shut my pus then.

<<<<< schooled.

Also the Falkirk fan on OTB was a total roaster :lol::lol:

That is true.

In fairness, he sounded quite young but he definitely gave the impression that he was saying whatever suited the Falkirk argument whether or not he knew it to be 100% true.

They said on the radio that the sportscene cameras show that the Falkirk players are still in the Hibs half when it is disalowed, so even if Hibs did kick off then they actually didnt

Fair enough, although that now begs the question did Collum actually blow to restart without realising Falkirk players were out of place

Fair enough, although that now begs the question did Collum actually blow to restart without realising Falkirk players were out of place

No idea, the guy who was at the game was all over the place making claims in every direction, i'm sure we will see it tomorrow and it will be an absolute non event :lol:

That was a classic heads gone moment from the hapless Falkirk fan on the radio. Tam Cowan goading him only added to the hilarity as did the caller's stupid accent. It very much reminded me of Limmy's 'that accent' sketch.

Isn't Collum a teacher? I bet his classes are a riot.

Religious Education no less :lol:

Problem for me is he's on 35 and keeps himself fit. Dont think theres a set retirement age for refs anymore, so we could have another 15 years.

Problem for me is he's on 35 and keeps himself fit. Dont think theres a set retirement age for refs anymore, so we could have another 15 years.

Makes sense. After spending 20 hours a week getting mocked by children he's got to let off steam somehow.

Phil Dowd's 51 and still a prominent ref in the EPL. Considering our standards it could be closer to 20 years we have him for!

Archived