Perth Saints vs Accies 4/1/15

You need to finish at least fourth to have a chance of Europe, or at least third to guarantee it.

Finishing sixth and winning the Scottish Cup is a decent way to do it though. 8)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been behind the goals at McDiarmid but yeah, the view from the Main Stand is good. Quite happy with that if that's the case.

Our away form has been poor. I think a lot depends on the fitness of Neil, as we look a much more 'solid' side with him playing.

Draw for us would be more than decent.

cant c neil making not enough time for him 2 get fit he was limping when he went off

I imagine so. Killie and St Mirren were behind the goal in October but I believe that was because there wasn't a police presence at either game. That section of the Main Stand can hold up to 1,000 so will obviously be fine on Sunday. Do away fans prefer that to being behind the goal? Should also say Accies fans with kids can use the Ormond Stand, which is just £15 for adults. Kids aged 12 and under are free in all sections though.

This is now quite an important game for us and we certainly need to avoid defeat you feel. I'd expect McFadden and Brian Graham both to come back into the starting eleven and hopefully Brian Easton will return as we were limited in the full back areas yesterday without him.

Accies clearly deserve respect but their away from since the win at Celtic isn't great (six defeats from seven and failing to score in five of those games), so hopefully we can get back on track but they'll obviously be buzzing after yesterday.[/quote

Faddy did look like he was Stugling to run yesterday, dont think he will start

As others have said i don't Neil will play this, so that suggests Routledge to start, not saying he's bad, I think he can have a good game on his day, like the Hibs second leg I thought he was great, however he's just not got the presence that Neil has or the ability to be the rock that bosses the midfield.

I hope the line up will be...

McGovern

Gillespie, Devlin, Canning, Hendrie

Routledge

Imrie, Mackinnon, Crawford

Andreu

MAC

So the same as before without Neil, but if Redmond were to come in for Mackinnon, then that wouldn't be bad either, I just hope Scotland doesn't start, I have a bad feeling he will, because he wasn't subbed on yesterday.

If Routledge starts I'll be v disappointed because he's garbage.

I can see why a lot of Accies fans would think this, as he's not played a lot this season and stupid red card didn't help his case, I think he's got talent I've seen in past games, not this season right enough, I hoping that's he's still getting over his injury, and will start performing soon.

I assume the only changes we'll make is bringing Easton back in for Miller if hes fit, and then Graham in for MacLean. Maybe see Lappin drop out too

Think Lappin, O'Halloran and Easton have built up a good relationship down the left side. Don't see why so many Saints fans are so keen to see Lappin dropped. He has also developed a very good understanding with Millar in the centre. Lappin was taking pelters against Dundee United but repeatedly MOH was not making his usual runs down the left so Lappin had nobody to pass to. I don't know if MOH was playing more up front and closer to Macca that day but the movement on the left wasn't as good as it has been of late. It wasn't all down to Simon Lappin, who is clearly not a winger. The only change I would make for this is to bring Easton back if he is fit enough. I knew losing him would hamper us significantly against Aberdeen as it really limits our movement from full back, which is a big part of our danger. No idea what the manager will do beyond that. Continuity has been key to our upturn in form so I don't agree with making too many changes. The question is really over whether what happens up front. I would keep the midfield exactly the same.

Archived