Perth Saints vs Accies 4/1/15

If Andrew Dallas ever refs again we'd be aswell giving the game up. Absolute farce today. He let about six or seven identical fouls go then suddenly decides McFaddens is worth a yellow and red? That combined with the missing of blatant handballs and pass backs.

We were brutal anyway, deserved f**k all. Not surprising considering we played most of the match with 9 men. Caddis for McDonald is probably the most pointless sub ever, both completely shite.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

McFadden showing he's a true Motherwell man.

If he'd spent less time trying to score a wonder goal after beating fifty men in some attempt at annoying Acciex fans and actually passed the ball or put in a decent delivery from one of his thousand corners we'd maybe have won.

As it was he was a stupid, greedy, shite waste of space

Davidson not even making the bench today? Tough run of fixtures coming up tbh. I genuinely don't believe we will finish top 6

Nope. Hes been utterly shite for about a year now. Still have him over McDonald or Caddis though.

Great result for the Accies, move above Dundee Utd.

Poor game it has to be said, another ugly win, thought the players were out of tune with each other which is unlike them.

Thought Gills and Hendrie had great games, both were hungry and good going forward, great assist from Hendrie.

MAC was poor didn't pass enough for me ended trying to hold onto the ball and kept losing, Routledge was another i thought was poor maybe it's just because he was in Neil position, because he just didnt look up to it.

Overall though great win and another 3 points for the Accies.

What a w****r McFadden is.

Well done to Hamilton. Deservedly won the game and it probably should've been more comfortable. I wish we had half the pace and energy the Hamilton team has. We look so unfit and lethargic in comparison and it was the same at the start of the season.

We were no where near good enough.

I actually thought Curier was good today, he rattled Wright and Anderson, and thats something that only happens once or twice a season.

Saints got what they deserved today. Hamilton had far more energy looked fitter, sharper, hungrier and pressed the saints players the whole game not giving them any time on the ball. For a guy of Brian Graham's size he wins absolutely nothing in the air. Fair enough he runs his socks off but his movement in the box is shocking. The amount of times a cross comes into the box he's always flat footed at the back post instead of actually moving and making a front post run. 6th place at best this season

We were shocking today. It was the poorest performance I've seen in months. Our passing was terrible, our movement was disjointed and we constantly lost our shape.

I don't like to pick on specific players when the whole team has had a nightmare out there. However, there are a few things I feel the need to mention. I'm not much of a fan of Simon Lappin even when he is playing in his primary position, and I didn't agree with the decision to play him as a left-back. Tommy should have noticed that he was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time, allowing Imrie far too much space and providing nothing in an attacking sense other than hopelessly random long balls. Having said this, I still think that the Millar-Lappin midfield combination is currently our most effective one and I'd be disappointed not to see the manager revert to that in the next match.

McDonald provided nothing really. I have never been one of the 'haters', but I was watching him closely today and it was a disappointing performance. He has good opportunities for a forward pass, before dithering on the ball for far too long. The opportunity is then gone and he resorts to passing it backwards instead. On almost every occasion. An absolutely pointless contribution from him. The decision to replace him with Liam Caddis was equally pointless.

O'Halloran is still very naive in so many ways. He is like a schoolboy, desperate for the individual 'glory', even if it means that he isn't performing his team duties. It has become very clear to me that he is absolutely wasted as a winger. He constantly drifts into the centre of the pitch instead, providing no support for the left-back. Therefore, our threat down that side is hugely limited. If we are to play O'Halloran (as I firmly believe we should), he must start either as a striker or behind the striker. There's no doubt that he is one of our most dangerous players, and he is at his most dangerous when playing through the centre.

The refereeing was shocking. Enough said. Despite that, we would never have got anything from the match. Hamilton weren't great but they were certainly better than us.

Archived