Perth Saints vs Accies 4/1/15

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched back Sportscene. Not really anything positive you can say about our performance. However, that second yellow for McFadden is utterly ridiculous. Fighting to get past a man who is obstructing him and backing into him and knocks him to the ground in pretty soft fashion. Not in a dangerous position, not a bad foul - certainly not in the context of some of the stuff Andrew Dallas let go through the game - just soft as soft can be really. Absurd red card, but we can't even appeal it.

I've only seen the BBC website highlights, which do not show the whole of the McFadden/Brophy incident. On what I could see, McFadden could argue that he was being fouled/backed into by Brophy. I suspect that the ref took the view that his right arm was going round Brophy' head and that he regarded that as retaliation which went beyond what is seen as acceptable tussling. I think McFadden has only himself to blame. If you aim a grab at an opponent's head, when on a yellow, you are very likely to have the proverbial early bath.

The first yellow was a stick-on, as a professional foul. If it weren't for the presence of the central defender, it could even havebeen a straight red as he would have been the last man (which if course he wasn't, which makes this line of arguement rather silly!)

On another tack - what about Ali Crawford's inch-perfect pass to MAC, the one that the big striker made a mess of when 1:1 on the keeper? If it weren't such a cliche, I would say it was a slide-rule pass!

I agree with Beefheart Jr on the second yellow. You can't push a guy in the side of his head and not expect a yellow. He was being fouled, but that's irrelevant.

Numerous similar, or worse, fouls went unpunished though, which is where the frustration comes from

Deservedly beaten by a far harder working team. Hamilton worked so much harder than us, particularly when they didn't have the ball. Much better passing and movement than us as well, whilst also having the "professionalism" to break up the play and slow the game down at the right times with niggly fouls, taking their time over goal kicks, throw in etc.

The most bizarre incident of the match (apart from Gary Macdonald jogging 50 yards down the pitch, 5 yards away from Dougie Imrie and making no attempt put any pressure on him, let alone tackle him) was Brophy coming on and immediately running up behind Fraser Wright and forearm smashing him across the back of the head! A real WTF moment.

was Brophy coming on and immediately running up behind Fraser Wright and forearm smashing him across the back of the head! A real WTF moment.

Was that why Wright spent the rest of the game destroying him?

Was that why Wright spent the rest of the game destroying him?

Pretty much. It was bizarre. Of all the players to try it too, Wright isn't the one. He comes on for the throw in and immediately gives Wright a wee elbow an a nudge trying to wind him up, Wright basically threw him to the side and I was a hit surprised he don't half him, maybe he's growing up?

Pretty much. It was bizarre. Of all the players to try it too, Wright isn't the one. He comes on for the throw in and immediately gives Wright a wee elbow an a nudge trying to wind him up, Wright basically threw him to the side and I was a hit surprised he don't half him, maybe he's growing up?

:lol: yeah thats absolutely stupid, as Wright will just utterly annihilate him from now on. It did rattle Wright though, as he then just starting smashing everything that went near him, including the ball.

They were quite snide with it today. Late kicks, plenty of pulling in the box or whenever the ball was in the air, outrageous time wasting (Imrie, you b*****d) and horrendous for lunging in, Routledge in particular always goes in studs showing.

Pretty much the same on New Years Day with the exception of time wasting. Cynical sometimes brutal tackles, sly niggling fouls and gesturing at opposition fans.

McFadden given a two match ban for his gesture to the Accies fans. A bit harsh. It was all quite humorous given the accies fans responded quickly with a lets all do a Faddie :)

I've only seen the BBC online highlights, what gesture did he actually make? Hand shandy?

Archived