Steven Gerrard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked it when he wanted to Leave Liverpool but then changed his mind after threats were made.

I also liked it when he said 'we don't let this slip' then woefully mis controlled and pass before SLIPPING, great times.

I would have liked him attacking a DJ for not playing Phil Collins but that didn't happen.

FWIW I don't think he is passed it at this level I just think he has been used wrongly by Liverpool if you played him further up the pitch with a couple of solid CM's behind him I reckon he could have a similar impact to Lampard at City, not playing every minute would he as well.

Ideal scenario would be Man Utd throwing every penny necessary into giving him a contract. He would of course be completely out of his depth, but it would rip the last bit of soul left out of LFC.

I imagine Stevie G would rather rip off the Liverpool fans himself though with a big candlelit vigil/testimonial before he either retires/buggers off to the US.

Ideal scenario would be Man Utd throwing every penny necessary into giving him a contract. He would of course be completely out of his depth, but it would rip the last bit of soul left out of LFC.

I imagine Stevie G would rather rip off the Liverpool fans himself though with a big candlelit vigil/testimonial before he either retires/buggers off to the US.

:lol: Fergie tried that and failed and he's had his testimonial already.

Thoughts and prayers are with the Liverpool family at this tough time.

Has anyone thought of making an overwrought banner that the Liverpool fans could show at the next game to prove how much more they care than any other set of fans? Something like "Gerrard; midfielder, genius, brother" would be nice.

Best decision as he's clearly over the hill. I wanted them to win the league last season as i much prefer them to shitty or chelsea and have nothing personal against him like most on here seem to

I hate liverpool as much as the next P&Ber, and Gerrard may have been a c**t off field, however he's been a great player over the years. Maybe he's a little bit past it now, so probably the right time to move on. He had a couple of injuries, so dont really think he's got the same longevity as Lampard or Scholes

Couldn't really care about it. He's no Paul scholes ;)

Maybe he'll return to the UK on loan. Man City seems to be the prefered club thesedays. Or What abouts Everton?? :lol: Hmmm perhaps not.

SSNHQ vote showing that 75% polled on Twitter think Gerrard was Liverpool's greatest ever player. He probably was not even the best of his Liverpool generation.

That said a terrific player and loyal servant of the club, not sure why there is so much hate on here for him and/or Liverpool.

SSNHQ vote showing that 75% polled on Twitter think Gerrard was Liverpool's greatest ever player. He probably was not even the best of his Liverpool generation.

That said a terrific player and loyal servant of the club, not sure why there is so much hate on here for him and/or Liverpool.

Liverpool are the English Celtc.

Archived