Raith v Queens

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think Id be hugely bothered if this game was off. The weather conditions will be atrocious for driving, watching and playing football. Plus it gives Millar and some of our returning players another week of training.

Was exactly my thought earlier, and maybe another week or so to get a striker in. A football less weekend though...is shite

Hope the game is on and we continue were we left off last Saturday. Get another 3 points on the board and look forward to the next game which should be interesting for a few reasons.

Still waiting to get the ones back that we loaned you for corralling those tourists into the wicker effigy, last winter.

This is how backward you are in Kircaldy . I mean , who on earth plays on grass pitches these days . Dinosaurs , you are so 1980's !

Our away form is shaky and Raith seem to have picked up a bit of late, I'm going to say a score draw. Two-all seems to be a result we favour this season, which as long as it doesn't materialise from us leading 2-0 would probably be a decent outcome. I think remaining unbeaten in the next two away games has to be the minimum objective. Even though it would return less points drawing both seems more favourable than beating Raith then losing to Falkirk. I think what I'm trying to say is if given a choice I'd rather beat Falkirk as I still see them as our main play-off rivals (no offence to Rovers).

I'd imagine we'll start with the same team as last week bar the forced change in goals. For no particular reason other than this belief of mine that he is better from the bench I'd be inclined to swap Lyle for Paton and go 4-2-3-1. Kidd can do the dirty work which he did very well last week, he can then move the ball onto McShane who can pick out our attacking players. We know the damage Carmichael and Russell can do out wide, and I think Paton is at his most dangerous in and around the edge of the box. We can then unleash Lyle in the second half. It all sounds so good on paper!

If we can keep Nade quiet then I fancy our chances of getting something from this.

Two-all seems to be a result we favour this season - not quite sure what you mean by this, as we have only drawn 2-2 just once this season!! However although a draw would be good, it's games like this that we should be looking to win and I think we will. With Falkirk having a toughie at Hibs, where hopefully they will drop points, a win at Raith would be a big result for Queens.

Don't want game being off as with Hibs playing Falkirk one or both will drop some points. If we are off a Falkirk win would put them level with us before next week and a Hibs win would put them 3 pts ahead. We have a chance of going 3rd in league and/or opening bigger gap on Falkirk

Travel club leaves at ten so if its postponed bus will no doubt be on route!

Dev bus also leaving at 10

Apparently pitch inspection at 10.30 (according to poster on QOSmad). Might make sense to delay departure until result of that known. Even leaving at 11 would give plenty of time to reach Kirkcaldy.

Apparently pitch inspection at 10.30 (according to poster on QOSmad). Might make sense to delay departure until result of that known. Even leaving at 11 would give plenty of time to reach Kirkcaldy.

I think we're going to hold back an hour or so. Has the pitch inspection been confirmed? I've heard 9am and 10.30

Archived