Decent areas near Edinburgh

The OP might want to think again after reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-30728135

"Police are investigating after a chicken was killed and another seriously injured in an attack in Edinburgh."

I read that earlier 3 chickens killed apparently the boy must've been starving.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP just started this thread then fucked off!

I've come across worse threads.

I used to stay in Silverknowes on the edge of Davidsons Mains a few years ago. Good area with easy access to the city centre and a couple of decent pubs on the Main St.

I live in Pilton, the posher end like, there's no decent pubs round here but it's got good bus services to Leith & a proper good cycle path down there too, I walked it with the dug took about 3/4 of an hour, the dug enjoyed it but we got a bus back after a few pints.

Spartans is just round the corner & the leisure centre.

Morrisons is close by & it's only 15 min to town on the buses.

I love it.

Grimbo

Cheers all, will look into the areas mentioned! Might look to move in the next year.

Will be needing to buy a 3 bedroom, me, the wife, young daughter and she's currently preggers with the next one #shagger

Through modest research I've done so far I think I can get a job on similar wages but get a house for a lot, lot less than I'd pay up here.

Aberdeen is just too cunting expensive these days hence why we're considering the move.

A decent local pub is a must.

Cheers all, will look into the areas mentioned! Might look to move in the next year.

Will be needing to buy a 3 bedroom, me, the wife, young daughter and she's currently preggers with the next one #shagger

Through modest research I've done so far I think I can get a job on similar wages but get a house for a lot, lot less than I'd pay up here.

Aberdeen is just too cunting expensive these days hence why we're considering the move.

There's a nice pub near the ASDA in Slateford.

Meadowbank is a good call. A lot quieter but good space for money there's plenty property there.

Brass Monkey's a good pub for fans coming from that direction the boy that does the quiz is a bell end though.

Agreed on the boy being a bellend, although he does very slightly redeem himself with some alright tunes.

My locals are slim pickings, a cross between Porters and the Bunch o'Roses....

Heard good things about The Hoppy though.

Nice one Grim.

OP I doubt that moving to Edinburgh to get a 3 bed house will be a cheaper option.

Well, aye, wouldn't be in Edinburgh.

20 mile radius imo

^^^ kens his stuff

For once!! :P

My ex lived there; her dad was a banker. Safe to say the house was pretty darn nice.

I'm an absolute sucker for Edinburgh in general though; I have relatives in Sighthill.

Archived