Decent areas near Edinburgh

Wally Dug & the Cumberland Bar are nice but I really like Clark's Bar, it's got that real old traditional feel to it.

Not been in many over Haymarket way, I met some mates in the pub right next to the train station there, we went up to watch the Man City friendly at Hearts, took them in the Diggers

Grimbo

You certainly like your pubs

Throbber

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You certainly like your pubs

Throbber

Thing is there's millions I've not been in yet but I've only been up here coming on for 10 years now. Love the place.

Probably the closest boozer to me is the Anchor Inn on Granton Road, never been in that one, yet.

Grimbo

Thing is there's millions I've not been in yet but I've only been up here coming on for 10 years now. Love the place.

Probably the closest boozer to me is the Anchor Inn on Granton Road, never been in that one, yet.

Grimbo

It looks shit mate, I go to the college there and am familiar with the area.

Your best jumping on a bus from where you are tbh not much out your way but your not ridiculously far out either

Plenty of good suggestions made. Trinity has more houses and would be a good place to raise a child.

Always surprised me the that Dalry hasnt improved much over the years given its location to Haymarket/West End.

Leith is my favourite area that I've lived in. There are parts I wouldnt want to stay in e.g. North Fort St, Great Junction St, Salamander St, Banana Flats/Linksview House/Citadel & Persevere House etc but I'm sure people have been living there for years problem free.

Portobello is awful!

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

I live in Polwarth/Fountainbridge/Bruntsfield area and its pretty handy for town and there is some cracking bars around about there, from Montpelliers, The Fountain (believe me,its changed) and good wee deli's and breakfast places like The Piece Box.

It looks shit mate, I go to the college there and am familiar with the area.

Your best jumping on a bus from where you are tbh not much out your way but your not ridiculously far out either

Yeah I walk past it to get the 16 down to the Malt n Hops

Grimbo

I live in Polwarth/Fountainbridge/Bruntsfield area and its pretty handy for town and there is some cracking bars around about there, from Montpelliers, The Fountain (believe me,its changed) and good wee deli's and breakfast places like The Piece Box.

I lived in Fountainbridge/Lothian Rd area and loved it there.

Nightmare for driving and parking out your way

Nightmare for driving and parking out your way

The permits about £60 for the year and that's no guarantee of a spot outside your house.

It can get a bit busy but I tend not to drive apart from going to work and back. I use the car far less than I did in Inverness.

The permits about £60 for the year and that's no guarantee of a spot outside your house.

It can get a bit busy but I tend not to drive apart from going to work and back. I use the car far less than I did in Inverness.

Best rid of it IMO - i had car for a year here and got rid of it and don't miss it one bit! Apart from about now i could do with it coz I'm going to the shops for a beer run but its blowing a gale outside!!

Best rid of it IMO - i had car for a year here and got rid of it and don't miss it one bit! Apart from about now i could do with it coz I'm going to the shops for a beer run but its blowing a gale outside!!

I just bought a new one as well so I'm currently running two. I need it for work because I do shifts and also for the baby.

I cycled home from nightshift in Portobello once, never again.

Very nice. Plenty of decent places for scran in the area. That coffee place next to the flower place opposite Montpelliers is the shit.

I just bought a new one as well so I'm currently running two. I need it for work because I do shifts and also for the baby.

I cycled home from nightshift in Portobello once, never again.

I suppose its handy for a baby, i will probably get one when I'm not a student no more and have a proper life on the go but I'm quite happy bussing it and get to see different parts of town that i wouldn't normally see.

Very nice. Plenty of decent places for scran in the area. That coffee place next to the flower place opposite Montpelliers is the shit.

Just further up towards Holy Corner they've opened a German Bakery/Deli. That place is fantastic. As is that new Nardinis ice cream place.

Archived