Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick Google suggests that no matches have been abandoned at Ibrox since 1961.

Call me paranoid if you will, but it's an odd state of

affairs that suddenly renders an underheated pitch unplayable out of nowhere, for the first time in over fifty years.

Why the f*ck should it bother you?

Surely you mean Gr**nbank, Rob? :P

You haven't got a clue where it is have you?

Edit: Just to add, crisp clean shirt and Tie only,smart jacket and polished Loakes, no pish stained Green and Grey Rags in the lounge, sorry!

No, nor do I care to be honest. :lol:

My post obviously went over your heid. Oh well. Never mind.

Aye never mind, back on the fitba eh? lets get on with it in two 2 weeks time, I've missed it and cant wait!! Mon the Gers!

Who among us could suspect foul play when the undersoil heated Ibrox pitch unexpectedly freezes over for the first time in decades, in a way that it doesn't at other undersoil heated grounds, on the very day that Hearts could confirm their title credentials in front of a diddy, diddy Rangers crowd.

Surely none of us. There's nothing suspect going on here, and everyone must respect the fact that Rangers didn't turn their undersoil heating off to either a) avoid the bills or b) avoid getting stuffed by Hearts.

Nope, it's merely the first time in decades that a game has been called off at Ibrox, and the fact the team was about to get fucked out of the title race was a mere coincidence. These amazing coincidences just happen sometimes, and we should all just accept it.

Undersoil heating must be turned off an hour before kick off or it ruins the pitch, this is standard across all grounds with the facility.

It also doesn't prevent snow from settling on the pitch, but rather prevents it becoming frozen. As you could see from the penalty boxes, the park was fine underneath the snow, so the undersoil heating done it's job fine.

When you think of the costs associated with hosting a match, rangers will have to effectively do this twice whilst only having the income from one match. I would imagine these costs would greatly outnumber the cost of turning on undersoil heating for a couple of hours extra.

Over the course of the season Hearts have proven themselves to be a far superior team in terms of consistency than Rangers or Hibs. But in the 4 individual matches against their two main rivals, Hearts have been second best and got the wins and draws against the run of play (which is admittedly the sign of a good team). However, it begs the question, why anyone would assume Rangers would run scared of a team they would have taken a minimum of 4 points from this season, had they not missed sitters? Robbie Neilson looked to be the only one eager that this match ended quickly.

This bodes well for the Semi Final in a couple of weeks time bearing in mind this is the 3rd time we've played them this season.......just imagine the states both sets of OF fans will get themselves into for their first meeting in 3 years!

Undersoil heating must be turned off an hour before kick off or it ruins the pitch, this is standard across all grounds with the facility.

It also doesn't prevent snow from settling on the pitch, but rather prevents it becoming frozen. As you could see from the penalty boxes, the park was fine underneath the snow, so the undersoil heating done it's job fine.

When you think of the costs associated with hosting a match, rangers will have to effectively do this twice whilst only having the income from one match. I would imagine these costs would greatly outnumber the cost of turning on undersoil heating for a couple of hours extra.

Over the course of the season Hearts have proven themselves to be a far superior team in terms of consistency than Rangers or Hibs. But in the 4 individual matches against their two main rivals, Hearts have been second best and got the wins and draws against the run of play (which is admittedly the sign of a good team). However, it begs the question, why anyone would assume Rangers would run scared of a team they would have taken a minimum of 4 points from this season, had they not missed sitters? Robbie Neilson looked to be the only one eager that this match ended quickly.

A few points.

If the pitch was fine and I agree it was then why didn't the clear it?

We left early and arrived in Glasgow at 6.35 and waited in the car for the 7.00 inspection. On hearing it was game on we walked over and the snow had now went off completely.

We got into the ground at about 10 past and at this point there were no ground staff out and the all the snow that they did clear had been moved and the players were attempting (without much luck) to pass the ball around. It was clear at this point that if the game was played it would be a complete farce.

Here's a picture taken at about that time:

Now if they had managed to completely clear the areas that they had in the short period of time that they did, why didn't they attempt to clear anymore in the next 30 minutes before kick off?

Why didn't they ask for a short postponement? This could have also helped some more of the many fans who were stuck on their way to the game. If it's purely down to the broadcaster enforcing a kick off time I would say they need to be spoken to about it as forcing the game to go ahead made their show look a farce as well.

Finally on your point about Hearts being outplayed then I guess that's your opinion but the table (and our goal difference) kind of tells a different story.

Desperate stuff naming that video missiles being thrown, only one I seen in that was from the hearts end around 1:20, female steward ducks at the moment is thrown.

Both sets of fans as bad as each other, can't just wind folk up till they bust and then act the victim.

This lad, RedRob. He's a parody, right? He has to be a parody. He's trotted out every single Sevco fan cliché in the book, from the FF shouts, to the misguided belief that his shambles of a club are still somehow mighty, right down to starring out the 'e' in Celtic.

You could make a 'daft things Sevco fans say' bingo card off the back of his dribblings. :lol:

Desperate stuff naming that video missiles being thrown, only one I seen in that was from the hearts end around 1:20, female steward ducks at the moment is thrown.

Both sets of fans as bad as each other, can't just wind folk up till they bust and then act the victim.

Has Mrs Budge condemned them yet?

I've heart the bigoted chants from Hearts fans (yes a very small minority) I've been attached outside Tynecastle

Were you chained to the gates or having a candlelit vigil m8?

post-1545-14214845308287_thumb.jpg

ED's video is pretty frightening to be honest, those Rangers fans don't act like humans. Look at them slavering at the mouth trying to jump on the segregation advert thing. Genuinely never seen anything like it, I understand people get angry at football but that angry? That's not right.

Everyone does realise that RedRob72 is an alias don't they?

I fear the Old Firm game will be an embarrassing day for Scottish football.

Archived