Aberdeen FC v The Famous Dundee FC

A mate who was at the ticket office yesterday.

The crowd will probably be about that but we'll report as lower as usual.

There was about 18,000 at the St Johnstone game but we reported just over 15,000.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mate who was at the ticket office yesterday.

The crowd will probably be about that but we'll report as lower as usual.

There was about 18,000 at the St Johnstone game but we reported just over 15,000.

Why would you report lower?

Jim Spence claimed that on sportsound. Looking at on line sales it seems to me nowhere near that at the moment. With probably 1500 empty seats in the away end we'd need near enough a sell out to get 17k

Won't loads of people just pay at the gate though?There

will be PATG for the RDU and SS Section Y

Should hopefully get over 15,000 again, Dundee should take more than the typical 120 or so away fans we're used to getting.

Should hopefully get over 15,000 again, Dundee should take more than the typical 120 or so away fans we're used to getting.

If we hadn't won last week, I'd have said 120 was optimistic for us.

But I can see 200-300 making the trip. The fact it'll be a positively balmy (for Aberdeen) 0C at kick-off should also boost the crowd.

If we hadn't won last week, I'd have said 120 was optimistic for us.

But I can see 200-300 making the trip. The fact it'll be a positively balmy (for Aberdeen) 0C at kick-off should also boost the crowd.

Seriously?

I remember (not even that long ago) when Dundee used to take more to Pittodrie than United, Hearts and Hibs.

Or maybe they dont under-report and your crowds just arent as good as you lot like to make out? Just a thought...

That's what I'd always assumed, but there have been a couple of games where it's looked like mabye 18-19k and they've declared around 14k. It's not small amounts that are different.

And rumours of folk in the ticket office saying we do it are all over the forums. I know that's no guarantee of truth but it happens so often

Shay Logan strikes me as being the biggest fandan out of all the Aberdeen players and it is a tough contest when you have Pawlett, McGinn and Langfield. His celebration against St Mirren was brutal by the way.

Archived