Mortfermline vs Dunton - Live On OHBC TV

How on earth have Morton managed to sign Tidser never mind on a two and a half year deal?

Great signing, yet genuinely surprised Morton are able to afford him.

Probably using EBTs.

I believe it's been done before.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by Grant's thinking, we could possibly go with Wallace at centre half, Wallace to cover on the right hand side and Wallace to join Wallace up front.

This is how I'd like us to line up:

post-32856-14218598103126_thumb.jpg

Playing Paterson at CB isn't ideal but Uruquhart and Martin at CB is probably a lot worse. Would give Whittle a bit of freedom to get up the park but Millen will typically stay in his own half. Alternatively, JP might bring Geggan and Stirling in and shape up like this with more width:

post-32856-1421860065168_thumb.jpg

Bit of a long shot as we prefer playing with 4 CMs or 3 CMs and one winger...

Can see us playing McAusland at centre half tbh. If they are all fit I would go with the same front 3 as finished on Saturday in a 433 with Barrowman as the target man and Moffat and Wallace off him.

Patterson my preferred option but after that it's difficult, playing Millen means putting Geggan at right back who has been poor even in midfield. McAusland isn't rated by Ayr fans who saw him there, urquhart isn't rated by anyone and chucking in a youngster for their first start is an obvious risk. Simply Patterson needs to be fit to give us the best chance.

Not in the same mould as the likes of templeman, but he can do a job at holding the ball up and bringing others into play, but he needs to have the ball played into him more into feet or chest height.

Must have missed that side of him this season. He was useless

Interesting and worrying at the same time. Surely he'll play him in the middle of the park alongside someone who'll compliment his game ie. Pepper and under no circumstances Joe McKee. I fear the latter, though.

McKee probably wouldn't even impress for a scout beavers team.

Who knows, with everything looking like a morton win we will probably have our best game of the season and win.

We tried a back five of sorts before at morton earlier in the season and unfortunately Williamson was clattered in the first few mins and went off. When we matched them in midfield we did better. I think it might be a mistake to play a back five.

This is how I'd like us to line up:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1421859811.054700.jpg

Playing Paterson at CB isn't ideal but Uruquhart and Martin at CB is probably a lot worse. Would give Whittle a bit of freedom to get up the park but Millen will typically stay in his own half. Alternatively, JP might bring Geggan and Stirling in and shape up like this with more width:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1421860066.104577.jpg

Bit of a long shot as we prefer playing with 4 CMs or 3 CMs and one winger...

Re your second lineup, won't Geggan be suspended for this one? We've only played 2 games since his sending off against Peterheid.

I like the look of that second lineup though, give that man an office and a spinny chair.

I'd still rather have Urqhuart at CB over Millen tbh, he's also better in the air which might help with set pieces.

Scully

Geggan-Urqhuart-Martin-Paterson

Wallace-Falkingham-McCausland-Whittle

Barrowman-Moffat

That'd please me.

Archived