Mortfermline vs Dunton - Live On OHBC TV

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't take much more than that to get out of this pisspot of a league though. We really should get out of this league now. Anything less is unthinkable.

We thought the same this season after signing the best striker and defender.

D.A.F.C, on 23 Jan 2015 - 08:29, said:

We thought the same this season after signing the best striker and defender.

To be fair, these are two players that have done a job in leagues higher than League One level.

Although if MacDonald suffers the same crisis of confidence that Moffat clearly has, then things could go tits up very quickly.

Going to this more in hope than expectation. We shouldn't have lost at EEP but our performance at Cappielow was nothing short of diabolical last time. Morton's signings represents good work by Duffy - Tidser especially and also MacDonald should be outstanding at this level. Get Falkingham in the middle of midfield beside McAusland to at least give us some bite and tackling presence - assuming Tidser plays, nullifying his influence as much as possible will be crucial.

Team I'd line up with:

Scully

Geggan

Millen

Martin

Paterson

Smith

Falkingham

McAusland

Whittle

Moffat

Barrowman

Ideally, I'd play a midfield three with Wallace in behind the front two, but I thought Wallace looked knackered towards the end of the Airdrie game. Get someone like Smith / Faissal / Wallace wide who look naturally comfortable out there and go for it.

I think this is heading towards 'must-win' territory; but for me, it is definitely 'must-not lose'.

I reckon Duffy will attempt to recapture a rarity: a fairly sound tactical decision, by putting O'Ware in midfield to combat Falkingham à la EEP game. I'd say we'll line up something like this:

Adam

Kilday

Crighton/Miller

Lamie

Russell

J. McCluskey

O'Ware

Tidser

Forbes

Caldwell/S. McCluskey

Peaso

I'd have Pepper in the midfield and would rather Gaston in goals, but I reckon that's what we'll see.

I'm hoping our line up will be:

Gaston

Kilday Miller Lamie Russell

O'Ware

Pepper Tidser Forbes

Caldwell MacDonald

I reckon this formation allows us to have our best players all on the park at the same time. It may appear to lack width but Pepper and Forbes can push out to the wings if need be and Russell will provide a decent option on the left as well. Our defence is quite weak which is worrying, but hopefully the strength in attack and midfield can make up for this.

With so much positivity at Morton this week, we're perfectly set up for a doing. Hopefully Tidser and Peaso have other ideas.

So everyone has Forbes,Pepper and Tidser in midfield. If Duffy doesn't think the same then what chance have we got.

McCluskey/O'ware to make up the other space but no doubt it will be Miller or McKee..

Personally I'd go with McLuskey. We are at home, we are better than them, lets go 442 and take the game to them.

3-1 Morton.

We simply cannot play a 442 with Forbes and Tidser.

Gaston

Kilday ? Lamie Russell

O'Ware

Pepper Tidser Forbes

MacDonald Caldwell

No real width but that midfield should rip the Pars open.

2-1 MacDonald & Forbes. Barrowman for Dunfermline.

We simply cannot play a 442 with Forbes and Tidser.

Gaston

Kilday ? Lamie Russell

O'Ware

Pepper Tidser Forbes

MacDonald Caldwell

No real width but that midfield should rip the Pars open.

2-1 MacDonald & Forbes. Barrowman for Dunfermline.

Of course we can. We have good enough players to perform in a 442 in this league. Tidser and Pepper as a 2 should be scared of no one.

Forbes doesnt have the pace, but Russell can overlap no bother.

Woudlnt mind a 4132 either but IMO we can absolutely play 442.

Of course we can. We have good enough players to perform in a 442 in this league. Tidser and Pepper as a 2 should be scared of no one.

This.

Agree. Actually looking forward to not having centre backs in the midfield or up front. A first for this season I believe.

I know it's a bit of a cliche for fans to sat this when playing a team that an ex player has just signed for, but Forbes is more than capable of hitting them from very long distance, and I can definitely see that happening tomorrow.

Agreed, 100%.

Jamie McCluskey is definitely out tomorrow, so not quite sure how we'll line up. Probably push Forbes out to left midfield, and McKee continuing on the right, with Tidser in the middle alongside Miller (should be Pepper, but it's not looking likely at the minute). Gaston is also in line to come back into the team.

formation.png

I don't see why Duffy continues to play Miller in the middle of the park he's useless there. Need to either move him to centre back (Where he's highly rated) or just drop him altogether now we've brought in two central midfielders. Now that J.McCluskey is injured we have no wingers in the team either so we should play 4-1-3-2 with O'Ware protecting the defence and dropping back when the full backs go forward. Hopefully have Pepper, Tidser & Forbes as our midfield 3 and have Caldwell & Peaso up front.

If we're 4 in the middle play O'Ware in there instead of Miller. Miller is mung. It's not a very mobile midfield though so at least one McCluskey would need to be playing along side them.

Edit: and Pepper, obviously.

Just watched the weekly interview with Duffy on Inverclyde TV there. Got the feeling he wasn't too confident about Tidser being able to play tomorrow due to international clearance not being completed yet. Hope the FA get the finger out.

Just watched the weekly interview with Duffy on Inverclyde TV there. Got the feeling he wasn't too confident about Tidser being able to play tomorrow due to international clearance not being completed yet. Hope the FA get the finger out.

Hopefully a bit of kidology from Duffy. International clearance ? he was at Rotherham/Oxford not uzbekifknstan <_<

Archived