County v Maureens 17/1/15 - how many points are at stake really?

No offence to County or their fans, but I hope that is so much more than 3 points for both of us.

For us, I hope it's a massive shot in the arm that boosts us on, for you I hope it's so utterly demoralising that there's no coming back at us from you.

Fine margins indeed, I was convinced we were heading for a defeat that would have surely seen the roles reversed.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence to County or their fans, but I hope that is so much more than 3 points for both of us.

For us, I hope it's a massive shot in the arm that boosts us on, for you I hope it's so utterly demoralising that there's no coming back at us from you.

Fine margins indeed, I was convinced we were heading for a defeat that would have surely seen the roles reversed.

No offence taken. We deserve to be relegated. We are approaching Gretna levels of futility in terms of points/games played.

Amazing character shown to win that game.

I'd give Teale the job.

Okay, it's not translated to as many points as it could have, but since Teale took over the performances have been night and day from when Craig was in charge.

COYS!

Woof. What a game.

Saints were cruising and in control and 1-0 up... We actually should have been 3 or 4 up. We cracked the underside of the bar and created sevetal good chances... We were fully dominating the game.

And then. The obligatory red card for us. I never seen it. I won't add anything else, but I'm sure you know what I'm thinking.

And then; Pressure, repelling pressure, then the equaliser. Our fingers then cross, full time ref, please full time now, we'll take 1-1.

And then. The winner. Not for them, for us. Scenes.

What a performance, what a 3 points. Wow!

Woof. What a game.

Saints were cruising and in control and 1-0 up... We actually should have been 3 or 4 up. We cracked the underside of the bar and created sevetal good chances... We were fully dominating the game.

And then. The obligatory red card for us. I never seen it. I won't add anything else, but I'm sure you know what I'm thinking.

And then; Pressure, repelling pressure, then the equaliser. Our fingers then cross, full time ref, please full time now, we'll take 1-1.

And then. The winner. Not for them, for us. Scenes.

What a performance, what a 3 points. Wow!

Nope.

Well done St Mirren.

The "oh dear, oh dear, oh dear" at the end from the announcer sums up our season really, what a fucking embarrassment of a result and performance that was. This reminds me of Willie McStay's tenure, absolutely clueless all over the park. The two at centre back, Quinn and Saunders, were absolutely rotten and should be no where near the team for a good while. I'm not sure if punting the management is the right answer, there is no doubt were going down anyway. At least then we might win some games in the Championship :(

What a gutless, spineless shower of shite.

We were awful all day, St Mirren were slightly better if you take Kenny Maclean away. But his performance was superb, he tore Quinn and Saunders a new one.

Can't understand how we never played Burgess at centre back today instead of that pair.

Think we missed Dingwall, Kiss and Gardyne today. I think one of them would have made a big difference.

Right now I can't see anything other than relegation.

Next 3 games

Celtic H, ICT A, Aberdeen A- marvellous!!!

We were awful all day, St Mirren were slightly better if you take Kenny Maclean away. But his performance was superb, he tore Quinn and Saunders a new one.

Does he look like a £150,000 player, or as we all feel, was that bid derogatory?

Was really disappointed by the coaching of McIntyre and Dodds today. At home to your closest rivals... We're down to ten men... County fans must be thinking...be positive and win the game.

Nope, they shit it and go negative... And lose.

Any questions being asked of them yet?

Great result. Feared the worst when I put the TV on and they talked of a dramatic goal in Dingwall. Looking forward to seeing what was described as a goal from "a flying Mellon" :D

Nope, they shit it and go negative... And lose.

How did they go negative? They played 2-4-4 for 45 minutes. I'd criticise the management for a lot of things, but not being negative.

I'm not quite understanding the slating that Saunders is getting. His distribution with the ball was bad because he dallied for so long, and he nearly gave a goal away as a result, but the actual defending he had to do was mostly excellent, much better than any other defender County have had this season. Quinn's performances have regressed to an alarming degree since the own goal against Aberdeen.

County were terrible, clueless, aimless etc. There's no quality in the midfield, there hasn't been since their first pre-season friendlies. Kenny McLean was truly excellent in everything but his finishing - he ought to have had two goals and at least the same number of assists. It should have been 0-5 before Arquin's sending off (who was late to a challenge and kept his leg in to catch Toshney, but it should have been a yellow card IMO).

I think Arquin will be a good enough signing for St Mirren overall, the 4-4-1-1 with McLean behind him really suits the team. McGinn and Osbourne are solid. The only concern is the soft centre of defence, but on today's evidence there's very little chance of County overtaking St Mirren again in the league.

Archived