Oscars 2015

Kyle

I thought Gyllenhaal was better than everyone apart from Keaton and Redmayne. I actually liked Cooper, and the other nominees, but Gyllenhaal was exceptional. If I had to pick my own winners, I'd probably go...

Birdman

Eddie Redmayne ( incredibly close though )

Rosamund Pike

JK Simmons

Emma Stone

Alejandro G Inarritu

Other ones are probably Interstellar for the score, Big Hero 6 for the animated movie, Whiplash for adapted screenplay ( it'd actually be a total robbery if anything else won this one, the only category I think that about ), The Grand Budapest Hotel for best original screenplay and GotG for visuals.

• 3 weeks later...

Birdman is looking like a decent outsider for Best Picture. Still think that it's going to be Boyhood, but with Birdman doing quite well in the more recent awards, including some pretty important ones, it could be close.

Also... Bradley Cooper possibly an outsider for Best Actor?

Also... Bradley Cooper possibly an outsider for Best Actor?

It would be the greatest injustice of all time. Ever. In the history of man.

Everything about American Sniper was just average. It's ridiculous that it has any nominations.

Nice to see The Grand Budapest Hotel getting a decent amount of technical awards. Still should have won best picture though.

I actually haven't seen Birdman so I'll need to give it a look to see if it deserves the Best Picture Oscar!

Nice to see The Grand Budapest Hotel getting a decent amount of technical awards. Still should have won best picture though.

I actually haven't seen Birdman so I'll need to give it a look to see if it deserves the Best Picture Oscar!

006-columbo-theredlist.png?w=300&h=243

Hmm.

I can't see past Grand Budapest because it's genuinely one of the best films I've ever seen.

From the trailers I've seen of Birdman, I don't think I'd fancy it as much as Grand Budapest.

If I watch Birdman and it entertains me more than Grand Budapest then fair enough, the best picture Oscar is warranted in my opinion. Should have made it clearer in my original post.

Archived