SUPERBOWL XLIX

lichtie23

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I'll have a brush up on rules before I get going.

I'm going for Seahawks as they have a cooler name.

Were the Claymores put out early? I'm not even sure if they are involved in this tournament. I remember going to see them early 90s vs Amsterdam Admirals I think or something like that. Dunno if it was a league match or whatnot

Thanks guys! I'll have a brush up on rules before I get going.

I'm going for Seahawks as they have a cooler name.

Were the Claymores put out early? I'm not even sure if they are involved in this tournament. I remember going to see them early 90s vs Amsterdam Admirals I think or something like that. Dunno if it was a league match or whatnot

That was NFL Europe meet.

Good shout on the Super Hawks 8)

Cool thanks. I bought one (Wilson) which my brother in law brought across with him but it was massive. So I've had to send it back. I wondered if I'd ordered the wrong style of shirt but I'll maybe get another one that's 2 or 3 sizes smaller!

They are generally fairly big, but that's the general style of them.

I got one from the NFL Europe shop and the other from the team shop in Seattle when I was last over.

Cool thanks. I bought one (Wilson) which my brother in law brought across with him but it was massive. So I've had to send it back. I wondered if I'd ordered the wrong style of shirt but I'll maybe get another one that's 2 or 3 sizes smaller!

You forget yer pads m8? :P

That was NFL Europe meet.

Good shout on the Super Hawks 8)

Nice one, got a link etc? All I remember is they played Amsterdam Admirals and Frankfurt Galaxy. I went to both games and think they were fairly close to each other in terms of dates. I remember wanting to buy one of those big blue foam fingers that said "Let's Go Claymores" but my maw wouldn't let me. May have this wrong but I remember you were allowed to just go in and out the stadium at leisure and dick about on the rugby fields outside

You forget yer pads m8? :P

They are generally fairly big, but that's the general style of them.

I got one from the NFL Europe shop and the other from the team shop in Seattle when I was last over.

Yeah that's what I was meaning the shoulders were bigger for pads! Plus a US 44inch chest is not the same as a UK 44inch chest!

NFL noob here. Never watched a game in my life but tempted to stay up and watch this. I have some mates who are always banging on at me to watch NFL so I might take in a game.

I love the way that the superbowl has become this massive event that even people who aren't really into the sport get involved in. I do have a few questions though?

1. What time does the build up start and then what time is kick off?

2. How long does the game actually last? Am I right in thinking it's all start/stop?

3. Is the UK coverage decent or should I be looking for a US stream?

4. I know alot of the non game stuff are talking points such as half time shows/adverts etc. Do we get all that over here?

5. I know the match is between the Seahawks and the Patriots. Who is the underdog team?

6. I have seen reference to a scandal/referee mistake that helped one of teams in a previous round. Can someone explain in a nutshell?

7. Is the coverage likely to go over the rules or should I brush up on these before hand? Is essence is it just soever scores the most trys wins?

8. Is this thread likely to be busy as I'll be on my tod and likely have questions during it?

Sorry for the daft questions

7. Watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxC0QdBKeQ and this

Simples

Being serious though, any good underdog stories from a team in lower leagues going against the odds to win the bowl

I'm still deciding whether you are "at it" or not but I'll bite. There are no lower leagues. Everyone is in the same "league" just separated by conference (NFC or AFC) then by Division (North, South, East and West).

The top 6 teams in each conference (4 division winners plus 2 wild cards) play each other in a knock out then the AFC and NFC champions play each other in the Superbowl.

There are a few under dog teams who have won but this year features the No1 ranked AFC and NFC teams.

And if you are at it then :P

I was on the chain gang at a Glasgow lions vs Glasgow diamonds friendly at Kirkintilloch Rob Roys ground back in the day 8)

Used to watch the Lions but tried out for the Diamonds

#BigTime

Cheers Swarlmeister - not at it, never seen a game before so no clue how NFL works.

So how do wee teams get promoted into their respective conference/division? I'm assuming there is a process for smaller teams to get in the big leagues or is it a closed shop much like the SPFL was until this season?

Again apologies if I sound stupid but if the divisions are the same every season with no leagues or new teams, does it not get incredibly boring playing same teams every year?

Cheers Swarlmeister - not at it, never seen a game before so no clue how NFL works.

So how do wee teams get promoted into their respective conference/division? I'm assuming there is a process for smaller teams to get in the big leagues or is it a closed shop much like the SPFL was until this season?

Again apologies if I sound stupid but if the divisions are the same every season with no leagues or new teams, does it not get incredibly boring playing same teams every year?

It's a closed shop. No promotion or relegation. They do bring in new franchises every so often but not frequently. And teams do sometimes move between cities if the owner gets bored or pissed off.

Archived