Partick Thistle v St Mirren 30/01/15

You'd think that but this will finish 1-0 or a late 2-0.

Put a fair amount if pressure on out wide but Goodwin or the other lad just keep getting to everything before Doolan. We keep giving the ball away failing to make 10 yard passes. If we can cut those out and put in better balls, we should win this.

Going by this season there will be a lapse in concentration.

That's a fucking shocker. Be interesting to here pnbs red card experts on that one.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We look void of ideas. Poor stuff. I like Archie we all do. He's a legend but I think he's taken us as far as he can with this young side. We've got a good squad but we lack a final product and have since we've been promoted. Very inconsistent.

You have to beat the teams below you at home. St Mirren have defended very well as long inpatient direct balls have suited them all night. Just no craft from us at all.

FT 0-1

What a tremendous result, and finally the clean sheet too. Delighted. We've only got 18 points this season, and 6 of them have been at Firhill. Cheers boyz! Can we make that our new home ground?

Oh, the game, terrible. First half the same as the second, us playing rubbish and Thistle playing worse. We played better against Dundee last week and lost.

I said to my mate early second half I just couldn't see Thistle scoring. They just looked totally devoid of ideas and belief. Beat Accies 5? Unbelievable based on tonight.

Special mention to our defence tonight. Our best player was Mark McAusland and our second best player was Jim Goodwin. Our midfield really did them no favours at all but they were superb all evening

Fifteen day break for us now and we go into it on a high. All Saints fans would have taken 7 points from the last 4 and we have got that, not in the expected order certainly but a good return.

Archived