Summer football

Krfc 10

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any day of the week you don't have good bevy before you come on here?

Pretty much every day other than a Saturday when I like to come on and chuck my tuppence worth in after a few .

Strange question though :)

But as said its all about all fur coat and no knickers :)

Pretty much every day other than a Saturday when I like to come on and chuck my tuppence worth in after a few .

Strange question though :)

But as said its all about all fur coat and no knickers :)

Thought so.It's not a strange question if you had to read your incoherent posts like I do.Do have a parrot in the pub with you?

Look stop this bickering. Let the top table deal with it. They know best.

You have gone all establishment recently RRG. Excuse me in asking, Are not 'The Top Table' who have never given any real thought to the yearly pile ups, caused by Cup Ties and the weather, hugely responsible for no action or consideration of the problems that are throttling the junior game.

You seem to be a one man appreciation society for the top table.

Jim Baxter and Burnie man, continue to make valid points.

Er........what is the finance arguement? My wife accompanied me to games up until Nov. then stopped going because she didn't want to stand freezing to the marrow.That was about 7 or 8 quid lost to the club every home game.It works both ways.

I'm only telling you what I know to be true. We get bigger crowds in November than we do in August. So whilst we may lose the spending power of your good lady from November, there are more missing in August. I realise that I'm engaging with people who think that those who oppose summer football are sticking their head in the sand but you're all displaying the same traits. I'm against Summer football because I think it will cost clubs in the long run. There are other reasons I'm against it but given how much emphasis is being put on the finance argument here I'll settle for this one just now.

I'm only telling you what I know to be true. We get bigger crowds in November than we do in August. So whilst we may lose the spending power of your good lady from November, there are more missing in August. I realise that I'm engaging with people who think that those who oppose summer football are sticking their head in the sand but you're all displaying the same traits. I'm against Summer football because I think it will cost clubs in the long run. There are other reasons I'm against it but given how much emphasis is being put on the finance argument here I'll settle for this one just now.

Your conveniently comparing August with November , when you , me & everyone else knows that November isn't the problem here.

What about December , January , February & even March?

The money generated by junior clubs during these months is practically zero , but players , management etc have still got theyre hands out for wages plus the obvious running costs etc.

We also have the bizarre scenario where clubs are scratching around trying to arrange friendlies/ bounce games during these months when they've got more than half of theyre league games piling up still to be played.

Your conveniently comparing August with November , when you , me & everyone else knows that November isn't the problem here.

What about December , January , February & even March?

The money generated by junior clubs during these months is practically zero , but players , management etc have still got theyre hands out for wages plus the obvious running costs etc.

We also have the bizarre scenario where clubs are scratching around trying to arrange friendlies/ bounce games during these months when they've got more than half of theyre league games piling up still to be played.

Nothing convenient about it. If you read the post I responded to the month of November was used. All I did was use it back. I realise that we disagree on this but I've repeatedly made the same point. My club would lose money over the piece moving to summer football.

There are a host of other reasons why I am not in favour of summer football but every time this comes up there almost a sense of zeal about it. It remains my contention that if the benefits were sufficiently clear,we'd be doing it already as a country.

Going round in circles but unless we try it never going too know.

Either complete summer season from March-November or a break from Mid December- Mid February and again have a break in July which is the school holidays when most people take there summer hols,

Trial for 2 seasons and if it doesnt work go back too what we have, What harm will it do trying for 2 seasons.

I think it would work.

Nothing convenient about it. If you read the post I responded to the month of November was used. All I did was use it back. I realise that we disagree on this but I've repeatedly made the same point. My club would lose money over the piece moving to summer football.

There are a host of other reasons why I am not in favour of summer football but every time this comes up there almost a sense of zeal about it. It remains my contention that if the benefits were sufficiently clear,we'd be doing it already as a country.

Your comments earlier - 'there's little wrong with the principal of summer football'

I'm curious to know your reasons for making this statement?

Archived