Summer football

Krfc 10

Feeble excuses????? Not excuses FACTS !!! So folk don't golf,bowl,take holidays? Pitches don't need maintained? It's that good an idea that senior football who's crowds are disappearing like snaw aff a dyke in a summers day , DON'T implement it ???

Senior football are talking of re-introducing the winter break and a shorter summer close season.

People take holidays at all times of the year, people play different sports at all times of the year, pitches are destroyed in winter. It's the same old feeble excuses we hear.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senior football are talking of re-introducing the winter break and a shorter summer close season.

People take holidays at all times of the year, people play different sports at all times of the year, pitches are destroyed in winter. It's the same old feeble excuses we hear.

You and I agree on many, many things but it's inevitable that you're going to stray down the wrong path occasionally. Tut tut.

To 'dine at the top table' on this forum , do you need to:

1. Be a multiple poster? or

2. Follow one of the top clubs?

or both?

The top table is a very secretive organisation formed by certain posters on here. The last person to constantly demand to know more about this went missing and hasn't been seen since.

Well said baldy .

People are deluded on here at times and think things like if a junior team moved to a brand new all seated stadium that the crowds would increase significantly .

Same with the summer football theory as well and while we all want to see junior football flourishing we sometimes need to accept that all clubs have got a hardcore of fans who will always stick by their team .

Always wanting to get new fans of course but this bloody antiquated " junior " tag does more harm than " winter football " or grounds with no seats .

World cups , european cups , guys wanting to play golf, play bowls , attend family events like barbecues when the weather gives you half a chance , the pitch recovery/ being fertilised in the " summer months " , players & committee / fans going on holiday during paisley / Glasgow fair peak holiday periods are all some reasons for me not to want to play summer football.

Also when the sun comes out so does loads of nutters who want to get tanked up beyond help and these guys stoating into junior football grounds with loads of drink in their systems could be another headache.

Ask any police officer and they would probably tell you that crime goes up in the hot weather when people's heads tend to go crazy with the combination of the sun and drink .

A big no thanks for me in wishing to self police home and away fans with that one from time to time .

Was the pub busy tonight?

Feeble excuses?????Not excuses FACTS !!!So folk don't golf,bowl,take holidays?Pitches don't need maintained?It's that good an idea that senior football who's crowds are disappearing like snaw aff a dyke in a summers day , DON'T implement it ???

Do you actually like football?

Serious question................

You and I agree on many, many things but it's inevitable that you're going to stray down the wrong path occasionally. Tut tut.

No, no, I am on the right path, more fitba in summer months, less fitba in winter months. It's almost like that this season, so lets formalise it. I'd rather watch games in June than in January.

Feeble excuses????? Not excuses FACTS !!! So folk don't golf,bowl,take holidays? Pitches don't need maintained? It's that good an idea that senior football who's crowds are disappearing like snaw aff a dyke in a summers day , DON'T implement it ???

Maybe you could help me out here about this thing about golf and bowls.Do these people give up playing golf,bowls etc in April,Aug,and Sept?The problem is Junior crowds have already disappeared like snaw off a dyke.In fact could anybody help out with the "golf and bowls thing"

The top table is a very secretive organisation formed by certain posters on here. The last person to constantly demand to know more about this went missing and hasn't been seen since.

Really? How do they recognise each other at games?Have they got some kind of secret sign? Maybe they all wear their bunnets back to front? Maybe they stand with a pie in one hand and a bovril in the other.....no.........that wouldn't work would it? Maybe they all wear white hoods that make it look as if their heads come to a point? ........Hang on a minute that one would explain why they don't want summer football.They'd be bloody roasting wearing one of those in a heatwave.In the winter they could blend in with the snow! Thanks for letting us in on the secret!

Play more football in the summer months, play less football in the winter months. It's the sane thing to do hence why Junior fitba will never do it, the West still take the September weekend off for gawd sake (which undermines the argument that fowk have too much to do in the summer to make a switch viable).

I believe the SFA are discussing a winter break and shorter close season, which fits the above.

If you have inside information on SFA on the winter break then perhaps SJFA would follow suit.

One of the biggest problems in fixtures is the Scottish Cup. Prime example past four weeks that will no doubt extend into later February. It upsets mainly the top clubs playing havoc to what is recognised as the main feature in the rest of the football world THE LEAGUES. This leads to the pile up late in the season along with so many meaningless fixtures since championships promotion and relegation is already settled.

The basic fact is that the outmoded approach by the juniors needs fixing one way or another.

Maryhill post on other thread; No game since 29th November and that amounts to 11 weeks next Saturday. Nothing whatsoever wrong with winter football! Perhaps hear from other clubs how many fixtures played since December.

We have played five competitive games and two friendlies in ten weeks. Actually hasn't been to bad for my team bit frustrating but no more than that. Some teams like my own get by and get some games played other struggle.

Actually thought the winter had been kind to us up until the turn of the year..

Personally i would prefer to keep the season the way it is the now and maybe tweaking one or two things to help matters. If summer football ever came about and i doubt it will i would still go to the games but have to adjust my plans over the summer like players would have to.

Archived