Summer football

Krfc 10

Personally not bothered if we play Winter or Summer only thing a care about is ma clubs survival.This East/West superleague thingy is a warning from the SJFA that things will have to change in the juniors and that some clubs risk being left behind...the fact that they are willing nay happy to exclude the North Region is testament to that.

Summer fitba would be difficult to implement but it's different just like the juniors are different, should never say no to it as someday it might become the best/only option available.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You clearly can't count if you think I'm alone in this thread in not wanting summer football :huh:

Away you go back to playing with your vajankle you zoomer :)

Got them beat when they stoop to cheap nonsensical insults. Just have nothing more substantial to offer than make a clown of themselves with puerile rubbish.

Eh! Whits a vajankle bright boy Hertha? Prefer my flute actually. Classicle stuff of course.

He's not fighting a lone battle. Summer football is absolutely unnecessary. If it were necessary we'd have done it 100 years ago rather than plough on regardless. Winters now are milder than they were 50 years ago. Any club that cares about its playing surface does a lot of remedial work in the current close season. Players and volunteers do actually enjoy a break in the summer rather than the depths of winter. And so do I. Folk can scoff all they want about the impact of bowls etc but it is a truth - there are a raft of alternatives that folk like to get on with in the summer. Our early season attendances are abysmal because guys are on holiday, golfing, bowling, spending time with family in decent weather etc.

I'm a strong advocate for change in this grade on any number of fronts. But I'm not having this one - it would be an absolute disaster.

Got them beat when they stoop to cheap nonsensical insults. Just have nothing more substantial to offer than make a clown of themselves with puerile rubbish.

Eh! Whits a vajankle bright boy Hertha? Prefer my flute actually. Classicle stuff of course.

You've Got them beat when they say you are alone in being against summer football when in actual fact guys who belong at the top table on here like HTG , fan of the juniors , stants , hibee jibee and a good few others agree with me that there are good reasons for summer football not materialising don't you think so Frank who's been banned from many a forum ?

The big boys on here will continue to dine on here at the top table while you might come up for a wee sniff at what's on the menu from time to time but ultimately you will retire down to the bottom table for your beans and toast FM . :)

Ps ; are you still banned from the social club honorary president ? :)

How many years we been going over this nonsense.summer football is failure in Ireland.fans went down.players don't want it anymore.parks deteriorating.only need to look at Ireland and see its not working..I would miss 4 Saturdays in the summer for sure don't know about anyone else but I have been and always will be against it. Strangely enjoy a cold day at the game

I honestly don't know how some teams survive the winter months

I know and its very hard but I reckon its maybe because the wages that clubs continue pay out despite no games are mostly covered by the largest & combined sponsorship brought in at the beginning of the season which will cover most of the wages which does do away with the myth that people sometimes believe in saying " I paid my fiver I will shout what I want as I pay the players wages" .

No games is a major pain but the sponsorship / numerous / largest fundraising events throughout the season will go a longer way to paying players wages than gate money from punters thankfully as clubs simply couldn't get by if it was depending on gate money only with this weather

You've Got them beat when they say you are alone in being against summer football when in actual fact guys who belong at the top table on here like HTG , fan of the juniors , stants , hibee jibee and a good few others agree with me that there are good reasons for summer football not materialising don't you think so Frank who's been banned from many a forum ?

The big boys on here will continue to dine on here at the top table while you might come up for a wee sniff at what's on the menu from time to time but ultimately you will retire down to the bottom table for your beans and toast FM . :)

Why do these folk you mention belong at "the top table"? Explain yourself please.

I know and its very hard but I reckon its maybe because the wages that clubs continue pay out despite no games are mostly covered by the largest & combined sponsorship brought in at the beginning of the season which will cover most of the wages which does do away with the myth that people sometimes believe in saying " I paid my fiver I will shout what I want as I pay the players wages" .

No games is a major pain but the sponsorship / numerous / largest fundraising events throughout the season will go a longer way to paying players wages than gate money from punters thankfully as clubs simply couldn't get by if it was depending on gate money only with this weather

Are you saying in the grand scheme of things that clubs don't really need fans just sponsors ? :)

There is a major difference between teams ( no disrespect as a have plenty of respect for them) like St Ants who don't pay wages and have very little to lose when games are off and clubs who do pay wages.Perhaps all junior clubs should be like the Ants where fans shout" a don't pay your wages" haha

Are you saying in the grand scheme of things that clubs don't really need fans just sponsors ? :)

There is a major difference between teams ( no disrespect as a have plenty of respect for them) like St Ants who don't pay wages and have very little to lose when games are off and clubs who do pay wages.Perhaps all junior clubs should be like the Ants where fans shout" a don't pay your wages" haha

:) Of course not and I'm one of the biggest fans there is who still pays my fiver every week but the reality is that some games and in particular Ayrshire cup games you find that clubs operate at a loss after say a win bonus, referee costs , half the gate to the opposing club , if certain players score if they're on a win bonus etc .

Have spoke to our ex treasurer who is a personal friend many a time and he always told me that in a perfect world your biggest annual fundraiser whether it be club lottery / sportsmans dinner/ friends of the club monthly payments from fans etc should roughly match the biggest annual donation from your biggest sponsor - In ladesides case that would be JD pierce and in beiths case it would be WHM .

If your biggest fundraiser matches your biggest sponsor then you will probably keep your head more than above water and it was the case with our thriving club lottery at the time when we won the league in 2009/2010 but like everything else the interest can dwindle in it and that's where you need something fresh.

Fans money through the gate is vital but at the very top end of junior football sadly its not enough solely to pay the wages :(

And what does "people like you " mean? Explain yourself again.And explain who else is like me while you're at let please.

Well its clearly annoyed you greatly so the job is

Done . :)

You might get an invitation to the top table one day but not just yet ;)

Sorry Hertha, looks as though I under estimated the 'Ante Summer' support.

Correction 82% for Summer Football, 18% against. Supporting the present chaos of many clubs no or few games since November. May we call it 'The Winter Shutdown' ?

Such is life.

Archived