Coming down

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland v Italy in 2007 basically left me a tear-stained zombie mess for a few days until England were pumped by Croatia which helped with my mood somewhat.

I think about 1-2% of me will be reserved for being permanently raging at that game until I die/ we get to another major tournament.

Unless we lost 5-1 to our biggest rivals in a cup final then no loss will ever hurt that badly as I can always think back to that wonderful day that Hearts gave me.

Losing to Falkirk last week stung a bit though purely through having not lost a league game in so long.

How long does it take you to 'come down' after a game, man?

It probably depends on the result, whether it was home or away, who you were playing and what you were expecting, the fucking referee, whether you're going for beers after it, how long it's been since you've had you're hole, etc?

Takes me ages to get it out of my system, usually - some folk can probably switch off from it instantly.

Anyway, hope you had a good trip, man.

Win, lose or draw I always have a pounding sore head when I come back from the football.

if we get beat I might as well go to bed because I'm just crabbit all night (most Saturday's).

It used to waste my weekend if we got beat when I was younger but these days it doesn't effect me so much.

When I get back from the game I usually go on to the club forums and get my frustrations out there and then that will be it, so usually an hour or so after the match I'm fine.

Having said that I was absolutely furious with the Accies defeat a few weeks ago and literally couldn't sleep that night so I'm still capable of being severely wound up on occasion.

It used to waste my weekend if we got beat when I was younger but these days it doesn't effect me so much.

Perhaps I speak for myself but it was much bigger for me when I was young as the admission price felt 4x the normal price when you've been saving up pocket money. If you lost then that could feel like a months worth wasted.

I used to get really wound up by bad results. A one nil home defeat by Falkirk once saw me cancel a night, storm off home, and be in a huge huff for a week.

Now bad results hardly bother me. At most I'd be annoyed for about 5 minutes.

Depends, I'm still raging that that onside goal we scored against Rangers a few years ago was disallowed, effectively costing us the win.

I'm still even pissed off at that pass back they gave against Chris McCart the year the pass back rule was brought in.

In general I'm over it after 20 mins though.

I think, as you get older, the pain softens. I'm disappointed when we lose on a Saturday, but no where near the extent I used to reach when I was younger. I remember after basically blowing the League against Caley at Broadwood in 2004 I didn't speak to anyone for days, I just grunted or nodded when anyone asked me anything, I was absolutely inconsolable.

I think, as you get older, the pain softens. I'm disappointed when we lose on a Saturday, but no where near the extent I used to reach when I was younger. I remember after basically blowing the League against Caley at Broadwood in 2004 I didn't speak to anyone for days, I just grunted or nodded when anyone asked me anything, I was absolutely inconsolable.

First Division title contenders to the Lowland League in a decade ;)

First Division title contenders to the Lowland League in a decade ;)

Whilst we're not out of the woods yet, I think we should be just about safe from the play-off spot this season.

Been wound up a lot this season. Only because we have a gigantic budget compared to every other club and we are struggling to make a play-off place. When we are shite for good reasons, just like season 11-12, a defeat wouldn't really bother me. But when we should be doing well and be winning games, I tend to go in the huff for a few hours if we don't achieve that feat.

Archived