World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

Poor StandFree03 ... such a simpleton he really believes the hype that he's some sort of master WUM and Aberdeen's best poster ... What a cretin.

Stan's alright to be fair, likes to wind up Celtic fans and usually has a wee running bitchslapping fest with Rico but, as WUM's he's decent, gets a lot of bites so clearly good at what he does

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights:

Definite penalty on Dow, wasn't sure at the game but absolutely no doubt having seen the highlights.

Dillon definite red, no excuses.

Guidetti offside in lead up to Celtic's second goal, again no doubts.

McNamara may be a moan but he's quite entitled to be aggreived by these decisions.

Feel sorry for Rado. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

As for the game yesterday, McNamara has to take the rap for playing with ten men for so long, chances are an extra body around at the time of the opening goal may have been crucial, id have been spewing at my manager for making such a big call at 0-0.

Regarding the main refereeing talking points, the Utd penalty shout, ive seen them given, not a stonewaller but id have certainly been looking for a PK there. Dillon's challenge was one of the most idiotic things ive ever seen a footballer do on a pitch on such a big occasion and as simple a red card decision as you will ever see. Joey Barton levels of stupidity.

Dundee Utd fans were a decent lot inside and outside the ground, walked back along Aikenhead Rd to our bus with a few of them who were friendly and gracious in defeat, lookee liked they'd been up bevvying since about 8.00am mind you :lol:

Anyway, one down , two to go 8)

Naughty Dundee utd/ rangers fans

"Didn't like hearing what I assume were Rangers infiltrators in Utd colours singing "up to our knees in ****** blood" yesterday at Hampden."

Fan of The Rangers coming on to a Dundee United Cup thread and trying to crack a funny? That's fucking desperation.

Kenny farquharson from the scotsman's twitter the day

"Didn't like hearing what I assume were Rangers infiltrators in Utd colours singing "up to our knees in ****** blood" yesterday at Hampden."

Lol

He probably misheard 'Derry' and thought they were singing ******.

Lol

Never happened.

Lol

To be honest, that song embarrasses me and in my opinion our club. We may well be singing about Dundee, but the connotations are fcuking obvious, and its hardly surprising when neutrals are mistaken.

Actually looking at the Dillon-VVD incident again on iPlayer, that's quite a nasty studs-on-lower-shin challenge much like VVD's at Tannadice against Butcher before they tumbled to the ground and engaged in footsie. Dillon perhaps understandably retrospectively aggrieved that it went unnoticed by Blobby while his own rash challenge on Izzy didn't.

To be honest, that song embarrasses me and in my opinion our club. We may well be singing about Dundee, but the connotations are fcuking obvious, and its hardly surprising when neutrals are mistaken.

Agreed. The Israel flag unfurled 5 minutes from the end was a massive cringe as well. The tangerine and black union flag can f**k off while we're on the subject.

Actually looking at the Dillon-VVD incident again on iPlayer, that's quite a nasty studs-on-lower-shin challenge much like VVD's at Tannadice against Butcher before they tumbled to the ground and engaged in footsie. Dillon perhaps understandably retrospectively aggrieved that it went unnoticed by Blobby while his own rash challenge on Izzy didn't.

Any chance the Compliance Officer guy has a look at this? Foot left in resulting in a nasty injury - surprised Dillon was on long enough to get sent off !

Archived