World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Sunday I think this will be a good contest, Celtic without Armstrong/GMS/Commons and Matthews don't look that strong. Forrest/Stokes and Ambrose are all pretty average replacements and if VVD is also suspended then theres hope for United. Hope the pitch is now better and I hope United take the game to Celtic. Telfer in for Paton and Bilate in for Ciftci IMO. Hopefully see another good game.

Any United fans making all 3 trips to Glasgow next week? :lol:

Your point being??

You're allowed to stamp on somebody's heid as long as you've had a bad challenge put on you?

I think his point was, if 'somebody' with known tendencies puts that type of challenge in on 'somebody' else with other known tendencies, in any universe, there exists a degree of inevitability.

Hope the pitch is now better and I hope United take the game to Celtic. Telfer in for Paton and Bilate in for Ciftci IMO.

Pitch can't be much worse!

Paton will surely be back, and am going to assume worst case scenario which is Butcher getting a ban. We don't have another defensive midfielder to replicate the Paton-Butcher-Rankin trio which worked well on Sunday, unless we're prepping Spittal, Dillon or even Souttar for the role. Not sure if a Bilate coming back from injury should start ahead of Anier.

Super-Rado

McGowan Fojut Morris/Dillon Dixon

Spittal Paton Rankin

Connolly Dow

Anier

Looks so much weaker without Ciftci :(

Paton will surely be back, and am going to assume worst case scenario which is Butcher getting a ban. We don't have another defensive midfielder to replicate the Paton-Butcher-Rankin trio which worked well on Sunday, unless we're prepping Spittal, Dillon or even Souttar for the role. Not sure if a Bilate coming back from injury should start ahead of Anier.

Super-Rado

McGowan Fojut Morris/Dillon Dixon

Spittal Paton Rankin

Connolly Dow

Anier

Looks so much weaker without Ciftci :(

The 'trio' were only on the park for 10 minutes, so not sure how it worked so well. Spittal instead? I think not.

Browns tackle was a shocker, as was VVD's. Both straight reds as was Nads kick on Browns head. Paton to get it overturned and Butcher doesnt warrant anything. Connollys could go either way

Browns tackle was a shocker, as was VVD's. Both straight reds as was Nads kick on Browns head. Paton to get it overturned and Butcher doesnt warrant anything. Connollys could go either way

VVD didn't get cited for the tackle. It was the second incident when he stepped on Butcher's thigh when he tried to get up. VVD could go either way, but I don't think there was intent. Would expect both Paton and Butcher to be available for you. Brown won't get cited because the referee saw the incident and decided it was nothing (I think that's how it works?)

VVD didn't get cited for the tackle. It was the second incident when he stepped on Butcher's thigh when he tried to get up. VVD could go either way, but I don't think there was intent. Would expect both Paton and Butcher to be available for you. Brown won't get cited because the referee saw the incident and decided it was nothing (I think that's how it works?)

I was commenting on how i saw it rather than who is being cited etc. The still of VVDs tackle shows how bad it really is. He shouldve walked for that alone, never mind the carry on after it

If that's how it works, how can they ban anyone using footage?

Ref saw the Brown tackle but played advantage. VVD is just appealing the red he got for the stamp think he should be cited for the over the top challenge on Butcher. Ciftci will get a red Brown should get a red. Connolly will get nothing for the dive as Stokes can be seen with his hand on Connoly's back that should be enough to clear him. It was a soft pen but Celtic would have been raging if it was the other way and didn't get it.

Paton will surely be back, and am going to assume worst case scenario which is Butcher getting a ban. We don't have another defensive midfielder to replicate the Butcher-Rankin duo which worked well on Sunday,

Surely.

Anyhoo, I can't see that Butcher did anything worthy of a red card so I'd be disappointed if he were to be cited. Likewise the penalty for Connolly was soft but there's definite and deliberate contact from Stokes who sticks his knee in to try put him off so you could argue that it was a foul (albeit very soft).

I think that's mostly right except VVD arguably committed two red card offences (with the bad tackle then stepping on Butcher's leg) so he might struggle. I don't expect Brown to be cited since Thomson appears to have seen the tackle and (bizarrely) judged it not worthy of a card.

I think that's mostly right except VVD arguably committed two red card offences (with the bad tackle then stepping on Butcher's leg) so he might struggle. I don't expect Brown to be cited since Thomson appears to have seen the tackle and (bizarrely) judged it not worthy of a card.

Might be more of a case that the ref saw who made the challenge and shat making the decision because he would have had to send Brown off so decided to play advantage instead

I think Connolly will get away without getting cited, as will Brown. Paton will obviously be free and I don't think Van Dijk will get his red overturned but Ciftci has to get hauled up (again) and I've a bad feeling Butcher probably will too.

Archived