Scottish Cup Quarter-Final Draw

Lyle Lanley

In terms of the draw itself today I think we can all agree it's split into tiers

Celtic

Dundee United/Inverness

Hibs/Falkirk

Queens/Raith

Berwick/Spartans

Anything against the three sides below us would be a great draw. Hibs would be tough but still not bad.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was usually one bbc game and two on sky in the QF? Maybe thats why he was excited although unless they get one of the spl teams i cant see them being broadcast live.

It is. There are three live ties in each round. Two clubs will be "unlucky" and miss the tv cash. I guess if the Spartans chairman said it then he was probably presuming someone would pick up whatever game they have due to the fairytale aspect.

Personally I think it's likely that the tv companies will take Celtic, Dundee United and then either Hibs or Inverness if the four are kept apart and if two of them meet then they'll take the other three. If all four are meeting one another and they have to take a live game from Falkirk / Raith / QoS & Berwick or Spartans then they'll probably take the one that involves Berwick or Spartans rather than a divisional clash between championship sides.

It is. There are three live ties in each round. Two clubs will be "unlucky" and miss the tv cash. I guess if the Spartans chairman said it then he was probably presuming someone would pick up whatever game they have due to the fairytale aspect.

Personally I think it's likely that the tv companies will take Celtic, Dundee United and then either Hibs or Inverness if the four are kept apart and if two of them meet then they'll take the other three. If all four are meeting one another and they have to take a live game from Falkirk / Raith / QoS & Berwick or Spartans then they'll probably take the one that involves Berwick or Spartans rather than a divisional clash between championship sides.

Cheers for clearing it up SD. Would like a low draw against someone like falkirk or spartans/berwick but preferably a game thats not Saturday 3pm as i will not be able to make it. Heres hoping!

Archived