Ross County vs Motherwell - The Big One

A proper relegation 6 pointer in Dingwall on Saturday, a game which both teams will want to win but both will be desperate not to lose. A win for County would drag them to within touching distance of us, making the gap only 3 points with them having a superior goal difference. However the league is so finely balanced that a win for Motherwell would surely all but consign County to relegation, leaving them 9 points adrift. Considering they've only managed to win two league games all season so far, you'd think they'd struggle to overturn that deficit. A draw wouldn't really do anybody any good apart from St.Mirren, however given we're 6 points ahead and have 3 home games on the bounce after this it would certainly suit Motherwell more I suppose.

Team wise I genuinely have no idea what to expect. We've signed 4 players since our last game and we will hopefully have a few of our 9 players who've been missing through injury back in contention. However I wouldn't really know where to start in terms of second guessing Baraclough's team for this one, on the plus side I guess the same applies to Mcintyre. Only player that's probably guaranteed to start is Sutton due to the fact he's our only goal threat, plus he loves a goal against County.

So, must win or must not lose?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Darvydas Sernas or Raffa De Vita play? If so, why were they not given any time against Aberdeen?

Will the 6'1" Slovak international central midfielder (slayer of Ukraine, Spain, Belarus, Macedonia and Malta, all as a central midfielder albeit with little time against Spain or Belarus) be asked to play as a winger again? Or will it be 6'2" Australian central midfielder to play on the flank instead?

The SPFL needs to launch an inquiry if this Ross County team avoids relegation.

I've no faith in County getting a win, particularly when BHJ is guaranteed his obligatory goal(s)*. I expect McIntyre to make a few changes but I've no idea who will be dropped and who will come in. I'm going along to this one out of blind faith (read: insanity) in that hope that maybe, just maybe, something will click like it did against Kilmarnock back in November. It won't.

*13 in 13 vs. County

The SPFL needs to launch an inquiry if this Ross County team avoids relegation.

I've no faith in County getting a win, particularly when BHJ is guaranteed his obligatory goal(s)*. I expect McIntyre to make a few changes but I've no idea who will be dropped and who will come in. I'm going along to this one out of blind faith (read: insanity) in that hope that maybe, just maybe, something will click like it did against Kilmarnock back in November. It won't.

*13 in 13 vs. County

Curran for Boyce most likely. Nobody in for Woods though. Boyd will get dropped. Quinn won't.

Would like us to play 442 with a right footed winger on the right and a left footed winger on the left. However I'm going to predict a 4-5-1 with centre mids playing out wide, Martin woods over every dead ball, 'well to score early goals and jervis or boyce to get a concellation goal with 5 minutes left. I just want this season to end.

I am actually not confident about this game even with the options of the new January signings Two of the January signings played against Saints and for me didn't look too clever,hopefully the other signings are of better quality. It will be an interesting MFC team selection given that Erwin,Thomas and Moore were the positives in our last game.

Huge game for everyone but especially Baraclough.

If we fail to get something it's our poorest run of the season, worse than the run that forced McCall to call it a day, and all of those games will have been played under the new manager. It will also revive Ross County and put us, not just in a relegation play off battle but in danger of an automatic relegation.

Given Ross County's home record and our away record, and then you add in unpredictable team line ups and a bunch of new players and I don't see how anyone can really call this one.

Could be a nervy match.

An important game yes but by no means a relegation decider. With our injury situation and 7 new players coming in its impossible to say how we'll line up never mind play. In any event it could take us a week or two to gel.

Will Darvydas Sernas or Raffa De Vita play? If so, why were they not given any time against Aberdeen?

Will the 6'1" Slovak international central midfielder (slayer of Ukraine, Spain, Belarus, Macedonia and Malta, all as a central midfielder albeit with little time against Spain or Belarus) be asked to play as a winger again? Or will it be 6'2" Australian central midfielder to play on the flank instead?

What an international squad you have. Very fitting for the Global Energy Stadium.

An important game yes but by no means a relegation decider. With our injury situation and 7 new players coming in its impossible to say how we'll line up never mind play. In any event it could take us a week or two to gel.

It's absolutely a decider. We lose, we're done.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong, but I don't think the players have the bottle to get a win here. Anything less than a win will be the final nail in the coffin. Just have to wonder what the tactical tombola will churn out this week.

Hopefully something along the lines of:

Brown/Reguerro

Fraser Quinn Boyd Reckord

Palazuelos

Dingwall Kiss Sernas DeVita/Carey

Boyce

But no doubt Palazuelos will get played out of position or not at all just to accomodate Woods, we'll put a central midfielder on one of the wings, and maybe even put Dingwall on the wrong side. He'll probably randomly dump one of the defence and Boyce too.

Archived