Ross County vs Motherwell - The Big One

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thank god...

My stomach has been twisting so much I think i've got a hernia. Massive 3 points, we're not done quite yet.

Was disappointed to see Woods and Curran start, then became raging to see none of Palazuelos, Kiss, Dingwall or Carey start. Bit disappointed with myself im still pissy about that, more importantly im delighted for everyone involved with the result.

ETA: Wasn't at game as I live in Edinburgh and my girlfriend doesnt give a shit about football. Would be very interested in hearing how everyone played and how our shape looked. Hopefully everyone was brilliant and my bitter take on the line-up is bollocks!

Both 'Well goals from set-pieces aye? Free kick and a corner?

An absolutely disastrous result to add to our disastrous form since new year in what has been a disastrous season for us.

We are going down, no two ways about it and the only question is whether its automatic relegation or via the playoffs but we are going down nonetheless. :(

Massive three points today, that was a lot better from us. De Vita looked absolutely excellent, and took his goal brilliantly. Also set up the other two, he can hopefully make that position his own. Screamer from Woods too, who I thought played well too. The two goals we conceded were preventable. From where I was, the free kick went right through the wall. The second goal, Irvine didn't follow his man for about the 40th time and it eventually cost us. The amount of times he lost Kerr from corners was remarkable.

I'd probably have that starting 11 every week, apart from swapping Irvine with Palazuelos.

Well done Jim and the team. Thought when it was at 3-1 that it would have been a fair result at that.

3 good goals, BTW.

The stats suggest a more even game, but I thought we dominated pretty much throughout. Motherwell looked poor I felt, and only threatened from set pieces ( the boy that scored Kerr? had 2 free headers from corners before he scored and could have scored with both).

Woods had a good game topped off with a good goal. Gardyne was excellent and deserved man of the match. De Vita looks a good addition, cracking finish for his goal, too.

Hopefully that's a start.

We were well worth the win, but we are very poor at defending balls into our box. I think replace Boyd with Meite/Burgess and I will finally feel confident about our defence. De Vita was ok today and scored a excellent volley.

I thought 4 players stood out for me Gardyne, Woods, Curran and Boyce. All were very good. The link up of the front 2 gave me real encouragement.

The win should give us confidence to push on, I think we have the easiest run in to the split of the the 3 teams.

Motherwell for the most part looked poor, the boy Grant seemed decent and the keeper had no chance with any of the goals.

Interesting team selection when the other 6 players are fit to play.

I'd give the new signings a few weeks to bed in, and if we're not getting results by then it's prob gonna be all over.

Kinda agree with give the new signings time argument, or indeed want to...However Baraclough has been in position for all but two months now and we've gone backwards since he took over. Existing players such as McManus & Ainswoth who looked devoid of motivation beforehand seem to be even less interested since IB came in and guys like Kerr, Lawson and Lasley appear even more ineffective than they were at the start of the season. I don't know much about the new signings other than some sketchy reviews from previous clubs fan forums but I can't help thinking of the time Harri Kampman brought in half a team of unknowns and they flopped badly. And that group at least had the grace of bedding in at the beginning of the season...

Motherwell are rubbish. I mean, I know County are absolutely awful but Motherwell are probably worse. I didn't think that was possible but here we are.

County deserved the win and it was more comfortable in open-play than the scoreline suggested. Beyond an excellent volley early on, Motherwell only really threatened from set-pieces. Kerr maybe should have scored a hat-trick of headers, he had the beating of Irvine every time.

De Vita looks a tidy player (so it's nice to have the option of him or Carey on the left). Gardyne looks like the player from the First Division winning season. Boyce and Curran worked very hard up top together. Quinn (QUINN!!!111) was solid, and Fraser had another good game. Even the much maligned (by me) Woods had a good game.

That said, the defending from set-pieces was concerning and County are still bottom. It's a great win though but we need to follow it up, it can't be another "Kilmarnock moment".

Archived