Inverness v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

Can only assume ICT didn't fancy playing us on a slightly heavy pitch, what with this attractive passing attractive football Inverness supposedly play. I guess they fancied their chances better on a cold Tuesday night where we wouldn't be out signing the home fans and have a long midweek trip, which usually results in a home win. Pretty sneaky really.

Nailed it. The weather is great here.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fucking joke decision and plenty of raith fans and the club are now out of pocket but those clowns in suits running the game dont give a f**k.A tuesday night game rather than swapping fixtures round so the cup is on a saturday is hopeless.Our team wont have anywhere near the support they would get on a saturday so advantage caley who will be happy.Although clubs will lose money through lack of a crowd.SHITE

Indeed Scary. We're just about at Inverness, suns out. Typical. Some laugh on the train though with the drink flowing :)

Yeah.... Nice sunny day here now - make the most of this spring like weather.

Have a bar lunch in the Castle Tavern pub, then take a walk along the riverside to the River Ness Islands.

Lovely part of the world.

Weather update according some raith lads in sneckie and my my mate who stays there.SUN IS OUT AND ITS DRY AS A BONE.f**k OFF COLLUM.

Indeed.

If the covers had been taken off the pitch at 9.30am (when the rain stopped) it would have been perfect by now.

I'm sure UEFA put in a rule saying that no other mathces other than Champions leagues matches should be showing LIVE on a champions league night.

I remember the days no live football was shown on TV when it clashed with a league fixture

Indeed.

If the covers had been taken off the pitch at 9.30am (when the rain stopped) it would have been perfect by now.

its your fuckin fault mate...

After your post last night I said to my son "tomorrow's game will be off"... & that's gospel truth.

Wish I'd stuck money on it!

Got zilch to do with us. It's the ref you have to convince but if the forecast is correct and the rain is to be what is expected then I can't see it going ahead.

If you look at this map here, and project it through tonight and tomorrow, we are pretty much right on the edge of rain fall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646088

There might be a bit of light rain tomorrow afternoon, but I don't think it will be too bad.

its your fuckin fault mate...

After your post last night I said to my son "tomorrow's game will be off"... & that's gospel truth.

Wish I'd stuck money on it!

This is an SPL side you are playing now, Sunny Jim - not Sevco.

Ours is a modern, state of the art stadium with the finest facilities in place that money can buy. These include a drainage system designed to cope with the monsoon like conditions we get up here - when it's not snowing.

I can't remember the last time we had a game called off here. No doubt someone will enlighten me soon.

Nice try but I meant this one (again)

It started off badly (there's no such thing as the SPL anymore) then it turned condescending, then finished off tempting fate to bite you in the arse.

And she has :D

For what it's worth I'm gutted, we were at Kelty thankfully so not too far on the road but I can't really blame the ref for calling it off as firstly I've not seen the pitch or the weather secondly I've been at away games at Ayr twice and Dumbarton twice when the game was called off after we arrived in town ( as well as being 20 miles from Dumfries for a Queens game) which is even more of a pisser.

A fucking joke decision and plenty of raith fans and the club are now out of pocket but those clowns in suits running the game dont give a f**k.A tuesday night game rather than swapping fixtures round so the cup is on a saturday is hopeless.Our team wont have anywhere near the support they would get on a saturday so advantage caley who will be happy.Although clubs will lose money through lack of a crowd.SHITE

Calm down, chief. These things happen. Rovers do best when there's no expectation and very few fans backing them. See you at Hampden.

Yeah.... Nice sunny day here now - make the most of this spring like weather.

Have a bar lunch in the Castle Tavern pub, then take a walk along the riverside to the River Ness Islands.

Lovely part of the world.

Please organise some locals and lynch the referee.

Big team? Naw.

Why will we be happy? We'll be losing a fair amount of money from a reduced crowd (home and away fans) as well as loss of hospitality as well.

It's frustrating but at least a decision was made relatively early on in the day which may have saved more of your fans from embarking on travelling up the A9. We could have waited until 12 to see what the weather was like but a decision was taken to call it early rather than exacerbate the inconvenience that would doubtless be caused.

Weather update according some raith lads in sneckie and my my mate who stays there.SUN IS OUT AND ITS DRY AS A BONE.f**k OFF COLLUM.

Collum in being Mother Nature shock

Collum in being Mother Nature shock

:lol:

The weather forecast looked pretty bad so as soon as the early inspection was called it was pretty clear that they would err on the side of caution and call the match off. As disappointing as it is, I'd rather that than be 2 or 3 hours up the road on the bus then have to turn straight round.

Why will we be happy? We'll be losing a fair amount of money from a reduced crowd (home and away fans) as well as loss of hospitality as well.

It's frustrating but at least a decision was made relatively early on in the day which may have saved more of your fans from embarking on travelling up the A9. We could have waited until 12 to see what the weather was like but a decision was taken to call it early rather than exacerbate the inconvenience that would doubtless be caused.

Basically, this. Shit happens.

Archived