UKIP: The First 100 Days

Elixir

Of course Britain should give foreign aid to poorer countries. Many of whom Britain fucking pillaged for centuries.

Foreign aid is taking from poor people in rich countries to give to rich people in poor countries. It creates a lot of corruption in these poor countries as people are desperate to get into power so they can stuff their pockets with foreign aid money. It's often a way of keeping bad regimes in power. That would normally collapse under their own weight. Just because they happen to have favourable foreign policy towards us.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foreign aid is taking from poor people in rich countries to give to rich people in poor countries. It creates a lot of corruption in these poor countries as people are desperate to get into power so they can stuff their pockets with foreign aid money. It's often a way of keeping bad regimes in power. That would normally collapse under their own weight. Just because they happen to have favourable foreign policy towards us.

Uh-huh.

And you'll no doubt have evidence for this claim?

UKIP are turds, but that was as nasty a political hatchet job as you'll ever see on British tv, more like a Fox News production. I expect if the SNP had been the subjects, the reaction on here would be very different.

UKIP are turds, but that was as nasty a political hatchet job as you'll ever see on British tv, more like a Fox News production. I expect if the SNP had been the subjects, the reaction on here would be very different.

True, if the SNP hadn't shown competent governance in Scotland for the best part of a decade.

You asked for evidence, I provided.

Better luck next time.

Yes, because articles written in right-wing rags who also just happen to be sympathetic to your nonsense view is cold, hardcore evidence. Unlike say, a published academic paper.

What an utter nightmare you're having here.

You would have a point if the SNPs policies were built on quicksand like UKIPs.

Yes, because articles written in right-wing rags who also just happen to be sympathetic to your nonsense view is cold, hardcore evidence. Unlike say, a published academic paper.

Well the ball is in your court now to provide evidence to the contrary, clearly you're more informed than the telegraph?

I've still to hear any explanation from the anti immigrant brigade about how they plan to replace all those immigrant doctors and nurses.

I wonder how much of a strain on the NHS there would be of we had to call back the million or so old codger Brits that stay in Europe.

You asked for evidence, I provided.

Better luck next time.

Evidence from two right-wing rags is not evidence. It's bias.

No doubt some money does go to the wrong people - just like our welfare benefits some more than others. You could say the same for charity too and yet I know folk who've been abroad in Africa, the Middle-East and South America working for charities, sometimes with some state support, and they were on the ground working with and for the local poor.

Anyway, good to see Ch4 laying into Ukips army of weirdos, swivel-eye fash and out-an-out nutters.

Didn't see the show but did they speculate on how Ukip would counter the gay-donkey problem?

Here is an interesting paper if you are interested in evidence.

Just for teh UK

I've still to hear any explanation from the anti immigrant brigade about how they plan to replace all those immigrant doctors and nurses.

I wonder how much of a strain on the NHS there would be of we had to call back the million or so old codger Brits that stay in Europe.

We're 'taking in' 250,000 a year, and that's just the net legal figure, What percentage of those do you think are registered nurses and qualified medical practitioners? 1 or 2% maybe? There is such a thing as controlled immigration you know, also known as good immigration, bring in people that have the skills needed to fill shortages and might actually be net contributors over a sustained period, I.E pay your pension when you're an old fart, It's what sane countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand have in place and why they have much smaller budget deficits.

I know liberals like to whitewash the immigration debate by labeling everyone a racist who disagrees with them and focusing on the ones we need. I have no problem with an open border policy, but you can't have open borders and a massive redistributionist welfare state.

Archived