Midweek betting 17th-19th

djchapsticks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad price for Spartans. Expected about 4/1 for them. An away tie at Hibs if they win must surely give them that extra bit of desire to get through. If I had some loose dough I'd probably have a wee punt on them at that price.

Went with:-

Reading 21/20

Bristol City 4/5

£20 double returns £73.80

I'm on Derby and Sheff Utd in the Championship tonight.

I know Derby had a bit of a brain fart against an improving Reading side so and excuse can be given for that. And if Sheff Utd can go to Bristol City and win then they surely can get the 3 points v Notts County.

I think Berwick will prove too strong at home v Spartans. Throw in the the next game v Hibs is going to be on the tele so it's a big pay day for whoever goes through. Berwick had a fantastic win v Arbroath at the weekend and that is swaying me towards Berwick.

Derby 19/20

Sheff Utd 10/11

Berwick 2/5

Any value in Spartans at 11/2? Seems a bit big to me in my very uneducated opinion. Or did Spartans miss their chance at home?

Spartans were absolutely dreadful. I was amazed how bad they were. Berwick came in for some criticism but I thought for 80 minutes they were absolutely cruising.

I would expect a comfortable Berwick win tonight. Having said that this is the most inconsistent Berwick side I've seen in over 20 years so who knows.

Spartans were absolutely dreadful. I was amazed how bad they were. Berwick came in for some criticism but I thought for 80 minutes they were absolutely cruising.

I would expect a comfortable Berwick win tonight. Having said that this is the most inconsistent Berwick side I've seen in over 20 years so who knows.

I'd agree with this, except I'd say it was closer to 60 minutes than 80. 11/2 odds is about right I'd say.

PSG v Chelsea - Both teams to score in both halves

Shakhtar v Bayern - Bayern to score in both halves

£5 double returns £286

PSG 1-1 Chelsea

Shakhtar 1-3 Bayern

£5 double returns £390

PSG v Chelsea - Draw and BTTS

Shakhtar v Bayern - Bayern win and BTTS

Basel v Porto - Draw and BTTS

Schalke v Real Madrid - Real Madrid win and BTTS

£5 accumulator returns £725

Tempted to lump on Reading at 21/20 at home to Wigan. Wigan are rotten just now and Reading appear to be hitting a bit of form. The Yak could make his starting début tonight as well 8)

I've taken Reading as my first bet in the "£20---->£1K Challenge" so I hope the Yak does indeed make his debut they skelp them.

The bookies must pish themselves laughing when we have a bet.

Aye!! They'll be big Reading fans tonight, that's for sure. Reading were the 2nd most frequently backed team with William Hill tonight, behind Bayern. Definitely a good day for the bookies!

Archived